alioreilly's fresh start - 18/03/11

Sounds like you are doing well! How about getting a Wii fit for exercise? I soo want to go swimming but that won't be happening for a long time yet.

Hi Ali,

This is just my own experience and opinion, but the sooner you can start to introduce exercise into your life the better and your body will thank you for it.

Walking is a simple yet very effective way of burning the cals. Strap on an iPod, get some comfortable shoes/trainers on and away you go! DVDs at home are also great because you're in the privacy of your own home so no-one there to see you puffing and panting ;)

Had a wii fit, ended up a dust collector under the seattee!!! Do like swimming but too ashamed to be seen in my present state. I always fancied an exercise bike but they always hurt my "crotch". I have thought about a dance game for the wii as I have always liked dancing. (Quite often do it when my hubbies not watching!). My main concern though it to keep up the "diet" and not stray!

I have a lovely [STRIKE]exercise bike [/STRIKE]...coat stand:eek:
Actually I know what you mean as I always end up with a numb backside when I go on mine.

I'm finding it hard to do any exercise at all at the moment as I have done something to my neck and I don't want to make it any worse.

Hi Ali,

This is just my own experience and opinion, but the sooner you can start to introduce exercise into your life the better and your body will thank you for it.

Walking is a simple yet very effective way of burning the cals. Strap on an iPod, get some comfortable shoes/trainers on and away you go! DVDs at home are also great because you're in the privacy of your own home so no-one there to see you puffing and panting ;)

/Agree with this

I would especially recommend walking as its functional. I used to dread the long stints of walking and the climbing of stairs that occur in everyday life but after a few weeks of intentional (and irregular) walking it's all a lot easier.

You might also want to buy an exercise step and do step-ups (or just use your stairs). Hard work but good fun too :)

Slightly more pricey, you could try a rowing machine (that's what I'm after next!) - some of them fold up so take up little space.

:)

Last edited:
Tuesday 22/03/2011 - Feel really tired today! Board meeting on at work so all senior management upstairs. Nice and peaceful. My colleague is having a week off (hols), missing her, having someone to natter to. Diet wise, been good, just had some cheerios, got tuna pasta for lunch. Anyone ever tried the mexicana tuna from lidls, its yum yum. Can't work out the points though so guestimate! Having chicken breast with baked spud and salad for tea. Decided that my hair is too short now! Gonna have to let it grow out (again). Never happy. Still feeling pretty positive re WW. I know that its gonna be a long long long haul but I figure any loss is better than a gain at the moment. (Still wish there was a miracle cure for obsesity though!)

Hope everybody else is having a good day!

Your menu sounds lovely today :)

I too am not ready for a gym :eek: I bought an exercise bike on week 1, but was too heavy for it!!!!...BUT another 4lbs off..and I'll be on it :D

I try to walk every day, when weather stops me, I've been walking up and down the house stairs a few times ;)

a vigorous housework session leaves me breathless, but I like to think it has burned off some fat!!!!

Good luck :)

Now I know why you shouldn't have a sneaky peek on the scales, just got on said 21st 1lb. If that is true then I have put 2lb on! Hope not. Weighin is not till Thursday nite so hopefully it may say different!

Don't worry, I bet it will be different by Thursday!

I have something to thankyou for!
Talking about anxiety and stuff got me thinking. I used to do the monthly pass and the reason I did it was to get me out of the house apart from work.
I dropped out and changed to online only Feb 2010. Well...I rejoined as monthly pass today and went to a meeting tonight:D:D

So thankyou because I know I would never lose weight properly on my own, I was terrified going in, but I'm so glad I did (even if I am 5lb heavier on her scales lol).

Sunshine

Well, I am certainly glad that I can be of assistance!!! Good for you for re-joining. I have tried without going to class and unfortunately for me have not succeeded. I think I need the discipline of going to class and being weighed by someone other than myself! I am really glad I started this thread as I find it very helpful that there are people on here that I can talk to without being judged!

Well, its weighin tonight, fingers crossed!!!! Still feeling positive about ww, really want to succeed, fed up of being a failure! Wish me luck.

Ok, so been abit naughty this weekend but going shopping today so made a list, gonna make a tomato and basil soup for work and jelly with fruit. Don't want to put on again so pulling back till thursday weighin. Need abit of inspiration for evening meals????? Any suggestions????

good plan :)

I have evening meals like...

baked potato
skinless chicken
wholemeal pasta
steamed fish
etc etc..always with lots of veg!!!

I put my menu on my diary every day, you might get some ideas on there :) Good luck, have a great week ahead!!!

Back