Alipally's 100% water experiment!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
The past two weeks, my weight loss (IMO) has been slow compared to what I had last time I did this diet. The only thing that I haven't done is drink 4l of water everyday... it's been more like 2.5l
So this week being week 5, so there's not going to be any whooshes due to glycogen water loss, I'm upping my water to 4l per day and weighing daily.
I plan to document my daily weight changes, and the water intake on this thread (Yes, I know, daily weight fluctuates!) So that I can tell if the increased water really does make a difference to my weekly weight loss.

My first WI will be in the morning. Anyone else, who's struggling with the water and poor losses, care to join me this week, just to see what happens????

Yes, I am in! I was actually thinking about keeping track of water intake and daily weight for a while. I had my weekly WI Sunday, and today I weigh a bit more than that... I do weigh daily, and I will write it down as well. I am thinking I would see how much totm is affecting weight loss as well. So I might do this more than one week :D.

Cool! I was thinking that I might do it for at least 2 weeks... (more scientific that way:rolleyes:)

Anyone else?? An experiment with 2 participants isn't really convincing!

Water consumption yesterday.... 4.2l weight lost 1lb.... pretty pleased, just hope it continues!

Last edited:
im in, i only drank 1ltr yesterday and gained 1lb,
so can we do it loke this
alipally-thurs-*litres-*lb
asa-thurs-*litres-*lb
claira-thurs-*litres-*lb
and do this daily, or something like that, xxx
i think the water intake deffinatly makes a difference, xxx

Cool Claira! .....
tbh, I've always been a bit sceptical about excess water consumption!
What I'm hoping to do is decide whether it's worth torturing myself trying to get this lot down my neck!

I'm in too please.....

alipally-thurs-*litres-*lb
asa-thurs-*litres-*lb
claira-thurs-*litres-*lb
Keira82 *litres- * lb
Trisha *litres-* lb

New list... I'm looking forward to seeing tomorrows results (knowing my luck they'll be NO change!!) ;)

Im in aswell please?? back off hoilday today and gained 2 lbs so want that off by sunday morning DO U THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE?? Day 1 for me today on SSing. x

Be carefull tho, drinking 4 litres aday is alot! and atcually does you more harm than good because you flush out vits and mins that you need!

I do drink alot of water about 3litres or so, but i just wanted you to be aware that 4litres is probally the most you should drink in one day.

Most of you prob already know that, im just making sure :)

Great, we have a little "test group" together then! I will see if there was any change from the scales this morning till tomorrow, I don't remember exactly what my weight was this morning, but I know it was a little bit over Sunday WI (forgot to write it down). So tomorrow I will not give the most accurate of test results. But on Saturday I can :D. I have drunk 3,8 liters of water today.

Be carefull tho, drinking 4 litres aday is alot! and atcually does you more harm than good because you flush out vits and mins that you need!

I do drink alot of water about 3litres or so, but i just wanted you to be aware that 4litres is probally the most you should drink in one day.

Most of you prob already know that, im just making sure :)

Think you might be a little worried over nothing here. 4 litres is fine. More than that is usually fine too. It's more to do with the time frame you drink it in.

Most vits and minerals are absorbed into the bloodstream and so cannot be flushed by water. However, salts and electrolytes can be depleated if too much water is taken in a short space of time.

I'm struggling to find a number that is regarded as "too much" water though. Can't seem to find any specific number as to how much water would result in water intoxication.

That said, normal functioning kidneys can supposedly deal with about 1 litre of water an hour. :D

Anyway, can't join in on this task but will be really interested to see the results.

Last edited:
Coley makes a very good point - I drink (and always have pre CD) about 3-4 ltrs of water a day and then about 6 cups of decaff coffee (in a very big mug lol) and my shakes/tetra. So not sure how much that is, but I am still alive :)

I guess we have different needs for water as well? Even though I have drunk 3,8 liters of water today I was still thirsty a few points during the day, my urine has some color. If it is all clear you are drinking to much water I think?

Mine is always like water - my urine that is! Apart from first thing in the morning. Yellow wee smells more I find. My wee doesn't smell at all usually. Nor does my poo actually (sorry, perhaps TMI lol) - maybe that's down to the amount of water I drink.
My BF on the other hand.....and he doesn't drink much. He'd kill me for talking about his poo online.

lol, think id just like to say, i didnt say drinking more than 4 litres is fatal.

I said 4 litres is probally the most you should drink. there is a whole other thread echoing the same thing. i am merly repeating it to help.

Mine is always like water - my urine that is! Apart from first thing in the morning. Yellow wee smells more I find. My wee doesn't smell at all usually. Nor does my poo actually (sorry, perhaps TMI lol) - maybe that's down to the amount of water I drink.
My BF on the other hand.....and he doesn't drink much. He'd kill me for talking about his poo online.

Haha, my boyfriend wouldn't be to happy about that either :D.

Back