Ali's Food Diary - A positive journey to target

sleepytimesadie said:
Hi Chick thanks for the link... found you... xx

Hi hunni,thanks for having a look in xx

Really cant stop thinking about food today and i keep feeling really peckish,think ive eaten quite alot so far today but its all been free food so thats good,ive managed to resist picking at the chocolate the kids have been eating so thats a good thing aswell, really want a decent loss this week xxx

slimmingali27 said:
Really cant stop thinking about food today and i keep feeling really peckish,think ive eaten quite alot so far today but its all been free food so thats good,ive managed to resist picking at the chocolate the kids have been eating so thats a good thing aswell, really want a decent loss this week xxx

Try and keep your hands busy... Or your mind... I find I only want to eat when I am bored...xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Try and keep your hands busy... Or your mind... I find I only want to eat when I am bored...xx

Ive just kept myself busy for half an hour by writing out my meal plans for this week and my shopping list lol, its all go now while i get the kids tea sorted and get them ready for bed so will be no time to eat. Im going to have my dinner later when i get back from shopping so i can sit and eat it in peace and appreciate it. I think sometimes im so busy sorting the kids out while i eat that i kind of forget ive had it iykwim. How are you getting on today hun? Xxx

slimmingali27 said:
Ive just kept myself busy for half an hour by writing out my meal plans for this week and my shopping list lol, its all go now while i get the kids tea sorted and get them ready for bed so will be no time to eat. Im going to have my dinner later when i get back from shopping so i can sit and eat it in peace and appreciate it. I think sometimes im so busy sorting the kids out while i eat that i kind of forget ive had it iykwim. How are you getting on today hun? Xxx

Ok now comes the hard bit, I have just got home from work ready for my evening meal, but because the bar is quite busy it might be a while before we eat... I try to keep drinking lime and soda so that I don't pick... Weekends are always our weak point, just because its hard to find time to eat...xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Ok now comes the hard bit, I have just got home from work ready for my evening meal, but because the bar is quite busy it might be a while before we eat... I try to keep drinking lime and soda so that I don't pick... Weekends are always our weak point, just because its hard to find time to eat...xx

Aw hun i really hope it isnt to busy so you can eat soon,i can imagine its really difficult trying to stick to plan while you are working in the bar,i know you will be strong though xxx

slimmingali27 said:
Friday 13th April - Green Day

Breakfast - Big bowl of strawberries + a mullerlight. Green tea.

Lunch - 3 linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages (i love these) and a toasted pitta bread (heb) green tea

Dinner - Tikka spiced sw wedges,with 60g (2heas) cheese,salad and pitta bread (heb)

Snacks - cucumber sticks and homemade hummous, large bowl of homemade syn free tomato soup. Strawberries

Syns - horseraddish sauce 1syn, tomato sauce 1syn.

Exercise - none :eek:(

I know it looks like i've eaten alot today but im quite pleased with how the day has turned out foodwise,the kids have really played me up and ive managed to stop myself picking at the wrong things which i do when im stressed so im quite pleased with myself xxx

slimmingali27 said:
I know it looks like i've eaten alot today but im quite pleased with how the day has turned out foodwise,the kids have really played me up and ive managed to stop myself picking at the wrong things which i do when im stressed so im quite pleased with myself xxx

Well done babe...xx

Saturday 14th April - green day

Breakfast - magic porridge (heb) pancakes with strawberries

Lunch - pitta bread pizza (heb) with tomatoes,red peppers,mushrooms,onions and 60g cheese (2hea),salad and homemade coleslaw (2syns)

Dinner - sweet potato curry with rice

Snacks -roasted chickpeas, strawberries and mullerlight

Total Syns - 10 - 2 for mayo in coleslaw,2 for options hot choc, 6 chocolate

Drinks- pepsi max, diet lemonade,nas squash,options hot choc (2syns)

Exercise - 2hours running around after the kids at the park

Last edited:
Wondering if maybe im eating too much? Might try cutting back a bit tomorrow,ive put my scales in the back of the shed so i cant even see how things are going this week (im a serial weigher lol,so for me to go two days without weighing is good) tonight will be the test as michael is on nights and this is when i get the serious urge to pick at rubbish,i might just get an early night x

Last edited:
Plan for today

Sunday 15th April - Green Day

Breakfast - porridge made with milk (heb + hea) a banana

Lunch - Syn free tomato soup

Dinner- Roast chicken (heb) roast pots, 2 rosemary and red onion sausages (i have these instead of stuffing) peas,carrots,cabbage,gravy(1.5syns)

Snack: banana and yogurt, homemade coleslaw (2syns for extra light mayo)

Drinks: pepsi max, diet lemonade,nas squash, options hot choc (3syns)

Total syns - 6.5

Exercise - 1hr spin class,i have never sweated like i did this morning so hopefully thats got rid of a pound

Last edited:
Looking at it you aren't eating too much... remember that portion control is where you should look if you think you are, but also eating too little lowers your metabolic rate which stores water and fat... I tend to lose less if I don't eat enough...xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Looking at it you aren't eating too much... remember that portion control is where you should look if you think you are, but also eating too little lowers your metabolic rate which stores water and fat... I tend to lose less if I don't eat enough...xx

Yeah im the same im thinking im going to stick with what im eating this week as my monthly arrived this morning and also im doing alot of exercise in the next few days and when im doing more exercise i need to eat more or i dont lose,if i dont lose this week then i'll start cutting back on portions i think.i hope you have had a nice weekend hun xxx

Monday 16th April - green day

Breakfast - 2 lm rosemary sausages in wholemeal roll (heb)

Lunch - syn free tomato soup and pitta bread (heb)

Dinner - lentil shepards pie

Snacks -

Syns -

Drink -

Exercise -

slimmingali27 said:
Yeah im the same im thinking im going to stick with what im eating this week as my monthly arrived this morning and also im doing alot of exercise in the next few days and when im doing more exercise i need to eat more or i dont lose,if i dont lose this week then i'll start cutting back on portions i think.i hope you have had a nice weekend hun xxx

You might just need the extra if your due, my doctor once told me that your body only craves what it needs, and if it wants extra food so long as its not junk you should be fine... I asked why I crave chocolate just before and he said it was the feel good endorphins that your body is craving... Exercise should boost that, but if you do want chocolate save some Syns and have some... xx

sleepytimesadie said:
You might just need the extra if your due, my doctor once told me that your body only craves what it needs, and if it wants extra food so long as its not junk you should be fine... I asked why I crave chocolate just before and he said it was the feel good endorphins that your body is craving... Exercise should boost that, but if you do want chocolate save some Syns and have some... xx

If ive been craving chocolate ive just been having a mint options,i think im doing quite well as im still not picking at the kids easter eggs that much and when i have had a bit ive synned it. That is definately true about the feel good endorphins any other time i have been due on i would have had a big binge on chocolate i just cant help myself but went spinning yesterday morning and was buzzing for the rest of the day,i went to my uncles in the evening for his bday and got offered a big bit of chocolate cake but i said no so there must be some truth in it as before i would have wolfed it down lol,thank you for popping in hun xxx

slimmingali27 said:
If ive been craving chocolate ive just been having a mint options,i think im doing quite well as im still not picking at the kids easter eggs that much and when i have had a bit ive synned it. That is definately true about the feel good endorphins any other time i have been due on i would have had a big binge on chocolate i just cant help myself but went spinning yesterday morning and was buzzing for the rest of the day,i went to my uncles in the evening for his bday and got offered a big bit of chocolate cake but i said no so there must be some truth in it as before i would have wolfed it down lol,thank you for popping in hun xxx

No worries I did say I would be around on a regular basis...xx

Back