Alisha's vegetarian SW diary :)

I notice a theme in ur food diary- chickpea Dahl and for breakfast even!
what is it and where does it come from? I absolutely LOVE chickpeas!!!

good luck with ur wi xxx

I notice a theme in ur food diary- chickpea Dahl and for breakfast even!
what is it and where does it come from? I absolutely LOVE chickpeas!!!

good luck with ur wi xxx

Haha, I know it's really strange but I really don't like 'normal' breakfast stuff like cereal etc.
It's just from asda & comes in a tin, chickpeas in a slightly spicy tomato sauce. You'll love it if you like chickpeas & so good on toast :)

Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries <--- a link to it

It's what you use to make the 'curry loaf' that I hear everyone talking about, although I've been too lasy to try it yet

I was going to ask the same question about the chickpea dahl, it sounds like something you'd have for tea, haha. But hey, if it's working for you Lishaa then keep it up :)

Good luck for weigh in today x

I was going to ask the same question about the chickpea dahl, it sounds like something you'd have for tea, haha. But hey, if it's working for you Lishaa then keep it up :)

Good luck for weigh in today x

It is definitely something not meant for breakfast, & it's only while I've been on SW that I've started eating it but it's the only thing I've ever found that I like for breakfast (other than a cooked one of course) & I get better losses when I have breakfast :D

Tuesday 3rd December:
Green day

B: 2 x cauldren falafels (4 syns) & special K chewy delight bar (HeB)

L: Quorn (f), egg (f) & vegetable (sf) with noodles (f)

D: chick pea dahl (f) with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HeA) and WW petit pain (HeB)

HeA: 40g cheddar cheese
HeB: special K chewy delight bar, WW petit pain

Syns: 4/15

It was weigh in day today & I lost 2.5lbs, so I'm slightly gutted that I was just 0.5lbs off of my 1st award but I'm also really pleased that I'm at 13.5lbs gone in 5 weeks.

Group was absolutely dead today, there was only about 10 of us which was a shame but it made it easier to do the fake buffet thing - mine was 48syns! :0 definitely an eye opener.

Good luck to everyone else weighing today, let me know how you get on :D

Last edited:
WOW Lish, you've done incredibly!
Many congratulations on another successful loss. At least you know you'll be getting a sticker next week :-D

Thanks for the dahl link, I might have to make a trip to Asda and investigate further. I did actually make the loaf once, but just used a tin of plain chickpeas. I will try it again when I buy this dahl!

Btw my virtual buffet was 105 syns!!! lol. And that didn't even include wine! Lol xxx

Wednesday 4th November
Green day

B: 3 x cauldren falafels (6 syns)

L: Linda McCartney masala veg cake (8 syns), 60g wholemeal roll (HeB), golden rice (f) & 1tbsp reduced sugar ketchup (0.5 syns)

D: quorn (f) chilli - (carrots (sf), celery (sf), onion (sf), passata (sf), chilli (sf), garlic (sf), veg stock (f)) with rice (f), 40g reduced fat cheddar (HeA) and garlic bread - (WW Petit pain (HeB) with garlic (sf) & herbs (f))

HeA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HeB: 60g wholemeal roll, WW petit pain

Syns: 14.5/15

I went a bit overboard on the syns today trying to eat all the stuff that was going to go out of date soon but that's all right :)

P.s. those veg cakes are absolutely disgusting & I definitely won't be having those again

Subscribing

well done on your loss x

Thursday 5th November:
Green Day

B: special K chewy delight bar (HeB), quorn nuggets (4 syns) with salad (sf) and 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syns) in a bFree wrap (HeB)

L: Egg (f) 'fried' noodles (f) with spring onion (sf), chilli (sf) & garlic (sf)

D: 2 x quorn southern burgers (5 syns) with mashed potato (free) made with 75g philadelphia light (HeA) served with carrots (sf), petit pois (f), sweetcorn (f) and broccoli (sf).

HeA: 75g philadelphia light
HeB: Bfree wrap, special K chewy delight bar
Syns: 9.5/15

Last edited:
I went and bought some chickpea dahl! Don't think I'll be trying it for brekkie though! Lol.

I love your daily menu's, wish you could cook for me!!!

I went and bought some chickpea dahl! Don't think I'll be trying it for brekkie though! Lol.

I agree, couldn't do the Dahl for brekkie. I like it with extra veggies chucked in, pinch of curry powder and and a bit of stock served with rice. Super quick curry when I can't be arsed cooking !

Aww thank you haha

It's not everyone's cup of tea I must admit haha

I agree, couldn't do the Dahl for brekkie. I like it with extra veggies chucked in, pinch of curry powder and and a bit of stock served with rice. Super quick curry when I can't be arsed cooking !

Ooh, I might have to give that a bash :)

heyy well done on your loss and your food sounds fab!!!
have you tried the chickpea dahl from aldi its cheaper and i prefer that one :D the asda one is nice aswell though... wish id bought some now.... hehe
im like you i could eat anything for breakfast.... one day last week i had potatoes veg and gravy at half ten in the morning lol xx

heyy well done on your loss and your food sounds fab!!!
have you tried the chickpea dahl from aldi its cheaper and i prefer that one :D the asda one is nice aswell though... wish id bought some now.... hehe
im like you i could eat anything for breakfast.... one day last week i had potatoes veg and gravy at half ten in the morning lol xx

Ooh, no I haven't. Tbh I haven't shopped in there before, is the dahl from there free as well?

That sounds like a very good breakfast! :)

Today I treated myself to some new scales... finally! which means I can now weigh myself to within 1/4 of a pound and know my body fat % & body water %

As it stands I'm 42.1% body fat & I should be below 32% (oops) but what worried me more is that my water % is 40 which is so low it wasn't even on the chart! So I've set myself a goal to sort that out - it should be 50 - 65% :D

Last edited:
Friday 6th December
Green Day

B: chickpea dahl (f), 40g reduced fat Cheddar (HeA) with WW pitta bread (HeB)

L: bfree wrap (HeB) with 2 tbsps sweet chilli sauce (1 syn), salad (sf), 40g reduced fat Cheddar (HeA) & 2 quorn southern burgers (5 syns)

D: lentil curry (f) with mixed veg (sf) and pilau rice (f)

HeA : 2 x 40g reduced fat Cheddar
HeB : WW pitta, bfree wrap

Syns: 6/15

Saturday 7th December
Green Day

B: chickpea dahl (f), 40g reduced fat Cheddar (HeA) & ww pitta (HeB)

L: quorn nuggets (5 syns), 3 babybel lights (HeA), special k chewy delight bar (HeB) special k double chocolate bar (4syns)

D: veg (sf) & quorn (f) stir fry with mugshot sweet and sour (f)

HeA : 40g reduced fat Cheddar, 3 x babybel lights
HeB : WW petit pain, special k chewy delight

Syns: 9/15

Last edited:
Sunday 8th December
Green day

B: 2 x LM sausages (f)

L/D: I went out for dinner & had a veggie burger, I've got no idea of the syns oops.

So this day is a bit of a write off that's what I get for not planning ahead & letting myself get so hungry I make bad choices.

Monday 9th December
Green Day

B: 3 x LM sausages (f), WW wholemeal pitta bread (HeB), spaghetti in tom sauce (f) with 40g cheddar (HeA)

D: Lentil curry (f) - (red lentils (f), tomato puree (sf), onions (sf), garlic (sf), runner beans (sf), chillis (sf) 75g philadelphia light (HeA) & herbs (f)) with rice (f) and WW pitta (HeB)

Snacks: 5 x cauldren falafel bites (5 syns), mullerlight chocolate dessert (5 syns)

HeA: 40g reduced fat cheddar, 75g philadelphia light
HeB: WW pitta, ww pitta

Syns: 10/15

Weigh in day tomorrow, so nervous - wish me luck :D

Last edited:
Back