Alison's Diary

alison165

Hi everyone

My name is Alison and I've been losing weight using intermittent fasting for the last 4 months. At my heaviest I weighed 18 stone and 7lbs and currently weigh 15 stone 9lbs. I watched the Horizon programme like many others and until recently I was fasting two days a week and losing an average of 2lbs a week. I've upped my fast days to 3 the past two weeks and amazingly I have managed to lose double what I was losing by adding in the extra day. I've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks :). I've tried many diets in the past and have had a weight issue on and off most of my adult life. Someone recommended this forum as a good place for support and encouragement so I thought I'd give it a go as I have a fair way yet till I get to goal. Think family and friends are slightly sick of hearing me go on about another diet and they tend to zone out when I start talking!! I have to say that this is the easiest diet I have ever found and find it so simple to stick to. I think it is due to the fact that I never feel deprived because I know that the majority of the week I can have a treat if I want one and that it isn't breaking the rules to do so. To be honest it doesn't even feel like dieting. Once I got over the initial eat everything in sight first few UD's I seem to have settled into a routine. At the moment I am fasting on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I was just doing Monday and Tuesday but now I've got into the swing of it feel I can cope with an additional day. The sooner the weight is off the better. I've tried doing both a liquid fast and 500 calories on my DD's and it really doesn't seem to make that much of a difference to weight loss. I usually would have something to eat and tend to stick to either lots of veggies and either fish or chicken or home made soup. I try to keep carbs to a minimum on DD's. On my UD's I don't count calories but try to make healthy choices with my food and eat until I'm pleasantly full rather than stuffed. I still fit in chocolate, cake, pizza etc I just don't have it every UD usually keep it as a treat for the weekend. I think on UD's it is portion control for me that works. I find using a smaller plate helps! I'm hoping this forum will have people like myself and we can encourage each other to goal. Never been on a site like this before so kind of winging it till I learn the ropes!! :D

Hi Alison, welcome to the madhouse!! Fantastic results you've had on the plan so far, thats quite an amazing change from going from 2 DD to 3 DD's isn't it? I've been a slow learner on JUDDD and IF in general, I've got my UD's under control now and like you say every Up doesn't need to be a feast! I'm trying now to be a saint in the week and keep my sinner style behaviour for weekends.

What day is your weigh in?

Back