All advice needed please

Hey, after a weigh in this morning I figured I'd ask here about my current weight loss dilemma.

I've been doin the diet for 3 months'ish now, the first few weeks I dropped 6lb a week and then I was 2 stone down at 15 and a half stone.

Well, for the past month despite sticking to it religiously and doing 6miles a day on my exercise bike in the morning before I eat, I have remained at 15 and a half stone.

I've checked over everything im doing and its all syn free food or low syn food, i never go above 5 syns a day apart from once or twice, I mainly do green days but have tried afew red days the last week or so.

Now I jumped on the scales last wednesday and it said i was 2lb below the 15 and a half stone mark, then i jumped on on thursday and i was 4lb under the 15 and a half stone mark, but then when I weighed on friday i was 1lb above 15 and a half, so somehow id put weight on.

I drink plenty of sugar free juice so the plan of drinkin more didnt help.

Dont get me wrong ive not weighed myself constantly like i have the last 2 weeks, but its just getting to me that nothing is budging and i remain the same constantly, no matter what tips i see wether it be eatin lots of chilli in food, cold showers to speed ur metabolism etc.

What I was doin is obviously right as I lost 2 stone in the first 2 months, but why isnt the diet working for me now?

Im really startin to lose the spark and will find myself getting to the stage where ill give in because its not doing anything.

A month of dieting with 0 weight loss is embarrassing.

hopefully someone here can give advice or any help?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Can you post your food diary and the amounts you are eating on here so we can take a look? I can't help but wonder if you are actually eating enough calories a day. if you don't eat enough your metabolism slows down and this can result in a plateau. As a man, and as someone who is exercising a lot, your lower threshold will be higher than other people so perhaps you are just not taking in enough calories to support your level of activity. Just a thought!

But don't give up because you are doing really well!

Hiya

Sorry to hear you are struggling to lose :-(
With all that exercise, maybe try a few more syns? I know that if I have a low amount then I don't seem to do as well. Don't go mad but maybe trial and error another 5 per day to start and see how you get on.
Good luck with it and let us know how you get on :)

I'll post 2 menu's of what I had 2 days last week and what I've had today.

Wednesday last week.

2 Bananas, both my heB's as 4 small hovis, 1 tub of be good to yourself cottage cheese with pineapple, 8 be good to yourself sausages (the half a syn per ones).

Thursday last week.

3 eggs and my heB's as 4 small hovis and frylite for friend eggy bread, 1 tin of beans in tomato sauce, 4 sainsburys meat free burgers (half a syn per), heA as 23g of be good to yourself low fat cheese. 1 tub of be good to yourself cottage cheese.

That one is my usual to be honest, I eat that menu most days as I enjoy it to an extent.

I'll also post that yesterday I had

1 Pasta n sauce (Cheese, leek n ham), 100g of insant mash, 1 banana, heB's as 4 small hovis, 3 eggs, fry lite, handful of grapes.

Today, wondering if i should be eating less i have had

half a tin of beans, heB's as 4 small hovis, half a pot of be good to yourself cottage cheese and 1 pack of be good to yourself soya crisps (5syns) and that'll be my lot for today id imagine.

Hope u can take something from that, and thanks for reading n replying.

I agree, try having some more syns! They are there to be used and I find that I have better losses on the weeks where I have 8-10 a day rather than under 5.

Its also possible that because you are cycling so much you are actually building muscle so that although you weigh the same you may have lost inches. Are you doing measurements every few weeks to see how your body is changing? Or have you noticed trousers getting looser?

Wednesday last week.

2 Bananas, both my heB's as 4 small hovis, 1 tub of be good to yourself cottage cheese with pineapple, 8 be good to yourself sausages (the half a syn per ones).

Thursday last week.

3 eggs and my heB's as 4 small hovis and frylite for friend eggy bread, 1 tin of beans in tomato sauce, 4 sainsburys meat free burgers (half a syn per), heA as 23g of be good to yourself low fat cheese. 1 tub of be good to yourself cottage cheese.

That one is my usual to be honest, I eat that menu most days as I enjoy it to an extent.

1 Pasta n sauce (Cheese, leek n ham), 100g of insant mash, 1 banana, heB's as 4 small hovis, 3 eggs, fry lite, handful of grapes.

half a tin of beans, heB's as 4 small hovis, half a pot of be good to yourself cottage cheese and 1 pack of be good to yourself soya crisps (5syns) and that'll be my lot for today id imagine.

Wow, how are you not hungry all day?!?! It looks to me like you aren't eating enough at all, I eat far more than that each day and still loose weight!

I'm not sure you are eating enough! It seems very low calorie and if you are working out you will need more carbs & protein to motivate your metabolism and give you something to burn off!
Maybe you should give it a try?

I agree with the others- I don't think you are eating enough. Plus I think (in my humble opinion) you could maybe do with some more super free foods?

You're meant to eat a third super free- maybe more fruit and veg would help? Plus with all that exercise your body really does need the calories xx

Yup, as others have said, definitely more food needed and also more variety!!

I hope you don't take offence but id be bored to tears with your foods.

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

After the first 5 weeks I'd noticed, but since then my mind is simply clouded and knowing the weight isnt coming off is depressing me that much i cant notice anything. tbh There is no difference clothes wise between now and when I stopped losing, as in I havent seemed to lose a thing for the past month be it weight or inches.

I appreciate all the replies, I just wonder why it worked for the first 2 months and worked for me to lose 2 stone'ish, is there a reason why what i eat was ok then and isnt now?

I'm so fed up of seeing 15 and a half that im terrified of eatin more incase I put on, i know it sounds daft but a month now seein the same number is a nightmare lol.

Thanks for your replies everyone, ill see how I get on eating more.

Oh and on a sidenote, accordin to a calorie website im supposed to eat just over 3,000 a day for my weight and exercise per day, and the other day on one of my bigger eatin days I had 1,350'ish, so way off what im supposed to eat. But arent u supposed to lose weight if ur negative calories per day?

Oh, hehe, no offence taken :p It's not ideal but im a hopeless cook and I only have myself to cook for so it's generally easy n quick meals, hence the easyness of the items on my daily menus.

I agree. You are not eating enough. You should aim for 3 meals a day even if breakfast is just fruit. Also try making some changes. If you always have toast for breakfast try having an omelette instead and then use your HExB's on cereal bars or nuts later in the day. You need to keep making changes to keep your body guessing. Don't let it get stuck in a rut.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yes you are supposed to lose weight if you eat less calories than you need but if you take it too far then your body goes into starvation mode and 'grabs' onto the fat etc its got to survive.

i fully agree you are not eating enough!! im 5ft 5 and small built but i lost just over 3.5 stone in 7 months to get to target and ate like an absolute pig! and still do!! i literally ate myself thin....if you want to search in the diary section i did used to do one when i was losing.
i honestly would be starving and feeling like i wanted to die/cry etc if i ate as little as you - remember its not a 'diet' its a healthy way of eating for life....if you make the most of it it it sustainable...if you are skimping,trying to eat little etc it becomes a diet.

i also agree that shaking it up a little and adding variety will help.

also - although you said you do green so you dont have to do the 3rd superfree it would help if you had more....lots of superfree is also speed or superspeed so have a re read and look through your books and get some speed or superspeed foods in too.

Wednesday last week.

Thursday last week.

Wow! I'd be chewing my left arm off if that was all I was eating all day :D

You said you had 1350 calories on a big eating day - that's around what a small size woman would need to eat a day if she was totally inactive. I don't know how tall you are but you are a big bloke who is exercising a lot as well. No wonder your body is rebelling.

Think of your metabolism as a fire - you need to keep stoking the fire if you want it to keep burning. Stop feeding it and it will die and go out. This is what is happening to your body - you are not burning calories and so not losing weight.

So eat more free and superfree foods, have more syns and try and get some more variety in your diet. I've been doing SW for 11 years now and if I was eating the same things day in day out that would never have happened.

Okay so maybe you're not the best cook in the world but you can rustle up some really easy meals in 15-30 mins. Don't just sit there resigned to the fact that you can't cook - get out there and try a few recipes from on here or the magazine. Okay some may not work out too well but you're never going to know until you try. Or what about a cookery class - my council does an evening class programme with lots of different ones you can go to. Trust me, there's nothing as attractive as a bloke who's willing to roll up his sleeves and have a go in the kitchen ;)

GonnaBeANewMan said:

Wednesday last week.

Thursday last week.

At 1st i thought you were just listing brekkie. If this is all you eat in a day you need to eat more. Eat more veg & fruit. Your 1st menu had no HEA on it either.
Plus use your syns. At least 10 a day

Thanks for the replies and I'll be sure to take a look at them items suggested in afew moment, I was wondering if you could give me a yay or nay on the plan of action (menu) for tomorrow.

Breakfast will be a banana and low fat syn free cottage cheese (i eat this as a yoghurt basically lol)

lunch will be 1 batchelors savoury beef rice WITH x4 small hovis (As my heBs) made as eggy bread with 3 eggs and fry lite)

dinner will be mash potatoe(with me heA) with carrots (and 3-4 syns for bisto best gravy powder for gravy)

syns ill have a bag of soya crisps from sainsburys that are 5 syns, so that'll be 8-9 syns

thats as well as drinkin lots of sugar free juice durin the day.

is that any better?

Last edited:
I would definitely agree that you need to eat more. Also more superfree foods are needed, they're supposed to be a third of your daily food intake. Also hexa one on an orange day or two on a red or green day. You've done so well, maybe read through your books, look through the recipe thread and spice it all up a bit. Good luck

At 1st i thought you were just listing brekkie. If this is all you eat in a day you need to eat more. Eat more veg & fruit. Your 1st menu had no HEA on it either.
Plus use your syns. At least 10 a day

I agree with kingleds - when I saw the first bit, I thought it was your breakfast, and then I noticed you had moved onto a new day. I definitely think you need to eat a bit more :D

Fill your plate with loads of filling veg - I used to think I wasn't bothered about fruit and veg, but SW has actually taught me that I love em :D

Even things like tinned tomatoes and peppers all chopped up in a chilli con carne count towards your superfree - and you'd hardly even notice you're eating them.

Good luck, and a massive well done for how well you've done so far!!!

Thank u, gonna head to town on Wednesday and pick up loads of fruit and veg and will snack on that as often as I can manage, lol.

Also, as mentioned above my height, im 5ft 10.

Do really appreciate all the replies, means alot.

Ohh dear - not really much better :(

You have no HEs there, no protein, not enough fruit and veg, and not enough syns. Basically that is a starvation diet

You could have some ryvita with your cottage cheese for breakfast , along with your banana (or cereal with your banana)
And what about your HEa - what are you using that for? If not milk then you could have cheese.

Try and have a mid-morning snack - perhaps yoghurt and fruit

For lunch you'll need to add your superfree so perhaps add lots of chopped veggies in the rice

You could have some meat with your mash and carrots at dinner time - perhaps some chicken or beef? And some fruit for afters?

Then you need to have more syns - what did you like eating before SW? You could have a glass of wine, a packets of crisps, chocolate biscuit - whatever you fancy.

ETA You've edited your post since I typed this but you get the idea

Back