Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Puddings All bran cake help with syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Imtryingagain, 30 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Imtryingagain

Imtryingagain Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've started doing SW seriously for the 1st time. It;s working but I feel like I need a treat. Found this recipe, but not sure how many syns it would be. Can anyone help?

Heat oven to 180

1 cup of all bran

1 cup milk (soya or skimmed)
    1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
    1 tablespoon splenda
    1 cup of any dried fruit: pitted dates (my fave) chopped dried figs, raisins, sultanas. u can also put sunflower seeds or a mug of mashed banana.

Just soak bran with milk for a couple of mins, add other ingredients, mix well and pour into a well greased 1LB tin loaf and pop in the oven!

The cake is soo versitile!
    I guessed around 40 syns per cake?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You would need to convert the american weight to UK before we could work out the syns but I think it will be far higher than 40 syns.

Flour is 5 syns per 28g and the dried fruit will be the same if not higher.

Seeds are really high in oil so they are 7 syn per 28g and mashed bananas are 4 syns each.

If you are looking for an all bran cake do a search on here for Sw friendly recipes. Or check out the HEB flapjack recipe which has a lot of the same ingredients but has been worked out so you can have a slice for a HEB

4. Imtryingagain

Imtryingagain Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, not as easy as I thought. I'll check ot the SW recipes

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.