All I wanted was an apple..!

new_me

So up until this afternoon, my new years resolution has been going great.. I have been to the gym twice since Saturday and played badminton for two hours today. I have been good with the food- no junk, just good home-cooked goodness! And then this afternoon, I just went into the kitchen to get an apple.. was feeling a bit peckish.

As I was washing the apple, I noticed the half eaten box of Ferrero Rocher on the counter, and after a quick debate in my head, thought I had been so good for the last few days that I would have one...

One turned into three :( .... and three turned into a packet of crisps as well :cry:

And now I feel like I'm back to square one... How does the devil on my shoulder always win over the angel!! Grr!

Does anyone have any tips on winning those daily mind battles... If I think about it, for me, it's definitely a case of mind over matter, and that is going to be my biggest hurdle!

I find it easier to not have that stuff near me.

Seriously there's xmas cake in the house and i know I shouldn't eat it but because it's there I have a "wee" slice with my cup of tea after dinner.

Write it off as a mistake. Tomorrow is a new day. I munch sugar free polos all day (1 point per tube if you doing WW) I dont find thinks as tempting if my mouth is really minty. Might be just me though x

dont let a bad half hour turn into a bad day, then a bad week. think about it like this... if you had a bunch of roses and one died, would you throw the whole bunch away? xxxx;)
write it off as a mistake and start again now. xx

Hey,

Last January I had 7 stones to lose. I have now lost 4, one big thing thats helped me along, and made this "life change" work is that whenever I had a binge or a slip up, i'd pick myself up, forget about and try again the next day, if its only a small amount like you said, that will make no difference to your weight loss...

I gave myself a month or so off for xmas, and im on day 5 of my re-start, i'd been doing really well untill last night when i had a full packet of jaffa cakes and 3 slices of toast with butter and jam...oh and a mini flake. But i'm still expecting a good loss on monday because I'm gonna continue as if it didn't happen, and i wont let it happen again. (hopefully!)

Anyway, keep strong, its all worth it in the end oh and lolly's and boiled sweets are good for a sweet craving.

;)

Hi guys, thanks for all the tips! I think for me half the time, I have started a "diet", and then something like this happens a few days in, and I call it quits...! Whereas this time, I have carried on through all the downs.. and guess what... a week in and I have lost 7 pounds!! And whilst the amount might not be anything major, its nice to to know that I can do it, even with the occasional blip! So I am well chuffed :)

Hi guys, thanks for all the tips! I think for me half the time, I have started a "diet", and then something like this happens a few days in, and I call it quits...! Whereas this time, I have carried on through all the downs.. and guess what... a week in and I have lost 7 pounds!! And whilst the amount might not be anything major, its nice to to know that I can do it, even with the occasional blip! So I am well chuffed :)

Hi

7lbs is major..a great big well done to you...i bet your over the moon. I told you that slip up wouldnt matter. Thats the mistake a lot of people make...they give up when they have a slip up.

Keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged if you get for example a 2/3 lbs loss next week, remember 1lb is a bag of sugar.

Well done!!!:D

Wow....7lbs Well done, half a stone so far thats incredible! x

Congrats on your 7lb loss :D

Some great advice from everyone about your little blip, especially getting straight back into it. I had two days off over New Year as I had a ton of things going on but told myself I would get straight back onto it on the 2nd and I did. To be honest, even showing that much determination makes me proud.

So see the positive in everything, yes you had a little hiccup, but you put it behind you and got straight back to it. And what a result! Fantastic!

Back