All kinds of spotting on VLCD. Does it stop?

lilbit

hi all,

Firstly, sorry to any guys reading this as I guess you are pretty immune to this part!

I've been on VLCD for almost four weeks now, and for the last two weeks I've broken out in pimples (which finally seem to be clearing thank god), but I've also been spotting... that's showing no sign of letting up.

OK, it's not too much of a bother... just annoying really. And I knew to expect some break out bleeding following a VLCD but I didn't think it would go on for this long? (I also have PCOS - so I know this doesn't help matters!)

So.. my question! Is it something I should expect throughout my journey? I have a good 6-8 months left to go. Or does it just come on and off (if so - how long did yours last each time if you don't mind me asking?)

Is there anything you have done that you feel has helped to stop the bleeding? The pimples aren't so much of a concern, I have concealer for that... but the spotting?

PLS HELP!

I haven't had any change in my periods but it is a very common side effect. You can be heavier or lighter / be on for longer or shorter / having longer or shorter in between. You can't predict and everyone's experience is different. The reason for it is that when your fat stores were laid down hormones were stored too. As you are losing the weight quite quickly a lot of the hormones are also released and that affects your system.

I believe Weasey is correct. I am post menopausal and had a couple of light spotting days and had spots early on. I also felt angry last weekend without cause and earlier have had a few emotional periods. I was seriously angry with my ex-line manager several times in the past few years - so those hormones could have been laid down as well. I was warned on the Alizonne forum that could happen so fortunately had warned my husband I might be PMT-ish.

I think all this was caused by release of hormones laid down in my fat over the years. I wonder if keeping good hydration not only helps the liver process our weight loss but also helps with this issue.

Anyhow, I'll be eating better and maintaining post Alizonne - so this won't be an issue for me again!

Ali

Hi lilbit. I had a few spots in the first two weeks of the diet but they have cleared up totally and my skin looks great now. I'm sorry but I havent had odd periods yet so i cant comment on the spotting problem - but thats awful for you. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Belle

Hi lilbit, whilst I haven't experienced this I've been on the Slim and Save forum for a few months and many people report erratic bleeding so you're definitely not alone. Some people seem to return to normal whilst it stays erratic for others the whole way through so there's no saying what your body might do. I think you just have to go with the flow (pun intended ;)).

Thanks all for your replies on this.... It's finally stopped now and my skin has cleared up too. So hopefully it was just the initial shock of the VLCD that's triggered it :)

Glad to hear that. I got spots again at one time (and the PMT type feelings to go with it!).

Back