All upset again

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I have just been reading the thread on here about size and weight. Why why why am I still too big for size 14s if at 5 foot one I weigh less than 10 stone. I get so jealous reading about people of similar size and weight in size 12s. i would have to be 8 stone to fit in them. I have tiny bone structure(taking size 3 shoes) No one ever believes me when I say what size I am. I want to wear size 12 and 14 NOT FAIR XXX

Aw hun, dont be down about it!

Dont forget that everyone is different and we are all different shapes and sizes PLUS clothing sizes depends on where you shop (ive found that out anyway)!

xxx

Oh hun don't despair!!! It all depends on your shape...and although it's a cliché, it's only a number on a label. What matters is that the clothes fit and flatter you, and that you feel fab and healthier!

Do you take your measurements regularly?

Tis true, shops do differ massively in their sizing and it is only a number, although we all know where you're coming from.

When I started SW I was 5'7.5" and weighed 14 stones 8lbs - I wore a size 20. No-one who knows me in real life would ever believe me when I said I wore a 20 as I don't look that 'fat' and am quite tall. I guess I'm big boned!

I've seen people of a similar height and weight to me now that are able to wear 14s, yet I am only just fitting back into 16s. My mum is shorter than me, but looks a lot plumper and she wears 16s too.

We are all very different and cannot possibly expect to uniformly fit into a size category based purely on height and weight. Please don't be upset - be happy that you are probably in a smaller size than you once were and you are continuing on your weight loss journey :)

I agrre with the others hun - all dpeends on where you shop as to sizes etc! I would love to have size 3 feet - you can wear any shoes you want! I'm a size 8/9 and have a nightmare finding shoes, and I mean decent looking shoes, not the actual boxes!! x

Hon we all have a different composition and body shape. It depends if you only have excess weight around your middle - and therefore would only need to drop a small amount to drop a dress size. Or if you carry excess weight all over, you would need to drop a much larger amount of weight to drop a size. Please don't get upset, at the end of the day when your waist measurement and bmi are in the healthy range then you are considered healthy, whatever your clothes label says.

we are all different :(
i often hear people say their size and think noooo way hose! but we all have different insidey bits too, your insidey bits must be a bit lighter? it is just a number, but its significant to women as thats how we put our weight into reality. but also remember that people wear clothes differently, and some people will look god awful in their 14 coz really for it to hang properly they need a 16 but they ram themselves into a smaller size because they can.
i do feel for you tho, because at under 10 st u so should be in 14's...not fair! :(

I've stopped even paying attention to sizes because I vary so much depending on the shop!
I agree about everyone being different shapes too; I can still fit into a size 8-10 t shirt, yet my jeans are 14-16 most of the time. I always put weight on my waist and not so much anywhere else, if I amputated my hips I'd be perfect size ahaha.

And, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what size you are, all that's important is comfort. Sometimes people try and kid themselves that they're, say, a size 12 and squeeze into the jeans, and just end up making themselves look A LOT bigger :)

I agree with what previous posters have said - try not to worry about clothes sizes. It's only a number, and it's not like we have to go around with our clothes size tatooed on our foreheads - so no-one need know - the most important thing is how the clothes you wear make you look/feel.

To add to what the above posters have said, I have a size 10 pair of jeans from m and s that fit me (on a good day!), yet I can bearly squeeze into a size 16 from top shop!

I say get thee to a Dorothy Perkins my darling lady!

Cut out ALL the labels with a size on from your clothes!

And if it really makes you feel better....make new ones that say '12' and sew them in :)

:( where do you shop hun?
Debenhams Dorothy Perkins, marks, primark and Hennes Next mainly x (all still size 16 trousers)
I would like not to worry about the size but size 16 trousers have really wide long legs . My arms and legs are like matchsticks and I end up having to take a good 4 inches off the bottoms whereas if i were a smaller size, the legs would be shorter. I do try to buy petite but the shops assume you can't be over 14 and petite

Last edited:
:DI have the same problem.I'm an 18-20 but a tiny five footer so I have to get all of my trousers taken up!It's a massive faff on plus a lot of the petite sizes don't make allowances for women with bums and chests!ahhhh well!Don't be down on yourself though, you're doing really well with your weightloss and if something looks good and feels good then you should enjoy it regardless

Have you tried per una jeans from m and s? I don't what size they go up to in short but they are generous sizes (and stretch a bit after a few washes). They are higher waist than you get in other high street shops, but I find that's a good thing if you've only got little legs like me!

Back