Alli tablets - anyone tried them?

As I understand it, alli is orlistat. they limit the amount of fat which you absorb from your food, so cutting your calorie intake. I think you are meant to try and stick to quite a low fat diet with them as the results of unabsorbed fat can be... *ahem* not nice in the bathroom!

gevaudan said:
As I understand it, alli is orlistat. they limit the amount of fat which you absorb from your food, so cutting your calorie intake. I think you are meant to try and stick to quite a low fat diet with them as the results of unabsorbed fat can be... *ahem* not nice in the bathroom!

This is true I was given orlistat years ago but never took one after I read the side affects...... It's making to a bathroom that's the main problem....no thanks....lol

Never tried them , I read up on them on the interwebs and various forums and all I remember is the term "alli oops" cropping up at a scarily frequent rate lol...
The side effects are frightening - well they are to me :S

What you need to remember though is you only get the side effects if you dont stick to low fat, if you stick to low fat you dont get side effects. WW is naturally pretty low fat though so theres not much for them to work with

Dont waste your money

I lost 4 stone on olistat but as u said the side effects can be really bad so imagine they work in the same way x x x

I have tried them - I only took 1 after my main evening meal. They only made me run to the loo if I'd had a high-fat meal. To be honest, unless you have a major amount of weight to lose I wouldn't bother x

I tried xenical which is the stronger prescribed version it never worked for me as my diet was already low fat i just ate too much of it. Stick with this its far better :)

Couldnt agree more with Starlight.
My friend took them (she has nearly 20 stone to lose) ... and she literally shat herself ALL the time.
I would stay WELL clear unless u are at home, ALL the time. I mean - who wants to poo themselves... and not solid poo - OIL.
Not for me at all. As starlight said, all it does is limit ur fat intake ... and WW pretty much does that .. its all about making your own choices to choose low fat imo!

xx

I went into the pharmacist about these once, he explained that yeah they limit your fat intake, so if you eat too much fat in one meal it will quickly leave your body in the form of an oily discharge. However, he also told me they won't work on there own, a healthy diet is necessary, they only add to what you would already loose, for example if you worked hard all week and lost 2lbs yourself the alli would prob help you loose one more lb..... I don't think its really worth it considering the side effects, better off just sticking with the healthy diet and some exercise.

I purchased a bottle of Alli at one point and it did what it was supposed to do, but I had combined it with low-carb, which isn't always low-fat, though I tried to make it more that way. I did have some "oil spills," which just means some runny stuff in my undies. After I was done with the bottle I decided I really couldn't afford to buy anymore. I didn't lose much weight using it.

Back