Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Hey Alli - yep, we're all posting again! Hope you're okay hun xxx

Hi all,

How nice to see the board moving again!

The gym is going well although I'm only going a couple of times per week. Whenever I've joined a gym before I've overdone it in the first month and then started resenting going and so I'm only going now when I really feel like it. I love doing body combat and so I've been doing that mostly.

Well done to those of you back on SS! It takes real determination to re-start I think. I tried a couple of times earlier in the year but couldn't do it. You'll be back to goal in no time!

My diet has been atrocious recently!! I have had so many nights out which is very unlike me and even when at home I seem to have got into bad habits again. I'll need to sort that out soon as my clothes are getting tight but I can't say I feel very motivated. Will need to dig deep to find it methinks.

We're having a lazy day today - taking the kids swimming this morning and then probably just heading to a local park / woods for a walk with Molly. It's back to school tomorrow so want today to be nice and relaxed for the children before the week ahead. It's been so lovely to be able to take it easier in the morning even though I've been at work all week. The children went to stay with their Nanny and Grandad for a couple of days (hence my nights out!!) and I've had the opportunity to be reeeaally lazy :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Alli - body combat sounds good. I've done the same with the gym in the past and it's gone to waste. I think if you can find something you enjoy it helps a lot.

Having a lazy day today too - might clear clothes out, walk dog and then nap! Have a fun day xxx

Hey Alli, would love to join gym myself, esp in prep for wedding too! Just too costly for me right now though, so bike at home and a few weights as my arm improves is going to be the next best thing.

Keep posting, the motivation, although hard, will come xx

Hey Alli,

Good to see you, great that you doing lots of gym, off to the gym myself today...here's hoping it gives me some energy as my levels are on the floor!
Hope you had a lovely day with the kids before back to school!

Have a great week hun

xx

Hi Alli,
Sorry been awol hun. Back and trying to catch up with everyone. Sorry to hear you have been struggling. I guess no-one ever really expects maintenance to be so hard, i know i didn't. I wonder if thats cause the losing part with cd is so much 'easier' than more conventional diets? I couldn't ss again either i'm afraid, just couldn't stop having normal food once i'd got back into normal eating. (or abnormal on occasions if i had a binge!) Hoping you manage to get back to where you want to be xx

Hi All,

I've been away for such a long time but a visit to my CDC reminded me to pop in to see how everyone is. It's nice to see some familiar names as well as some new ones. To those of you who have recently joined this forum - well done on reaching the maintenance stage!!!:happy096: This forum used to be so lively and then it kind of died off a little so it is nice to see that it's moving a bit again.

I have put on a little bit of weight but not too bad. I go and see my CDC every 4 weeks or so to keep in check and even though my last weigh in was worse than I expected I'm feeling OK about it all. As I don't want my clothes to be too tight I'm trying to eat less now for a few weeks to get myself back on track. Not following a plan as such but did buy some cappuccino shakes as I love these for breakfast.

Life is massively busy - I never knew owning a dog was such hard work :D. Now that I walk her in the evenings I don't seem to have time to relax in front of the telly and I kind of miss that, but then again it means I'm not eating all night either so that's a good thing. I do love going for walks though and we are lucky to have plenty of countryside and parks nearby suitable for walking and exploring.

Right, I'm off to work now. I won't say that I will start posting more because I've said that so many times, but I will try to at least pop in a bit more often to catch up with you all.

Hey Alli! Great to hear from you, thanks for popping in. What dog have you got? I agree about the hard work. Sometimes I am so not in the mood for a walk, but he always is!!!

Back