Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Hi All,

Just checking in quickly whilst at work as I don't get a chance to use my laptop at home now that my parents are visiting. My Mum has become a massive facebook fan since retiring and have also started a gardening blog so she's forever checking for messages or whatever :rolleyes:

I'm fine although have eaten way too much over Easter and the weight has been piling on. True to tradition I have as a result signed up to WW online only to not use it. Why I thought spending £40 on WW was necessary when I already pay for weightlossresources, but it's what I do late at night when I feel disgusted by what I've eaten. Still, this late night habit is what got me in touch with CD which clearly worked so it has its uses.

I'm sitting here in the office looking out over Euston Road pondering whether to take my book over to Regent's park and sit and read in the sunshine for a while. I brought a packed lunch in today and it's all gone so no real reason to go out, but the sun is calling.

I've had a quick look at a couple of other diaries and it seems many of us are struggling at the moment. I've stopped using CD products altogether now and haven't had one for weeks but I still haven't worked out how to maintain properly or how to find the motivation to keep losing (as I still would like to lose a stone or so). I do so well during the day but then end up eating / drinking merrily most evenings and I don't know how to stop it. I guess the problem is that I don't really want to stop it. I want to be slim but at the same time enjoy my food. I'm not stuffing myself silly every night but have a glass of wine and a few nibbles and it's enough to tip me over the edge. It just seems so dull to live a life of salads and biscuit-less cups of tea! I know that I'm wrong to suggest that eating gives my life more pleasure. It's only food - but no matter how many times I read this or tell myself that food can't add happiness to life I feel like screaming "but I love eating - it makes me happy". Again, not true in the long term but in the moment eating certainly does make me feel better. Instant gratification vs long term...instant wins nearly every time :eek:

:D:D:D What a rant at the end there. Probably should delete it but won't as it came from the heart (stomach more like ;))!

Will go and get some sunshine on my skin now...take care everyone and sorry I haven't been around lately!

Enjoy the sunshine, and don't feel bad about the rant... we all need to get our feelings out in the open.It helps. I think!

xxx

I liked your rant :) sounds like mine!!! and I love food too god damn it!!! Maybe we should just all give in and eat whatever the hell we want...only joking - that's what got me into the mess.

You think a lot like me though. I want to be thin, but I love food. Maybe the trick is just finding food that won't make you fat, that you really like and having that as the basis for your meals.

For example, I love mushrooms, which are pretty low cal, so I could make sure I have lots of them on a regular basis :)

Now I'm rambling. Your Mum sounds like my Dad. He found Facebook. He didn't find me, but I found him and he already had a few friends, so I requested an add and he's not accepted me lol. Not sure he quite knows how to work it. They're called silver surfers you know! xx

I'm very glad you didn't delete it..you describe my eating perfectly and thankfully also a way of gaining some control on my diary for which I am very grateful. Thankyou. xx

Hope you're doing okay x

I'm fine thanks Liz! I've eaten too much tonight again but my Mum only has a couple of more days here before she goes home and so I'm not going to waste my time stressing about too much chocolate.

We're off to Legoland tomorrow for DS' birthday treat - I hope it's not going to be too busy, but regardless it should be a good day. Am hoping to get back into a better eating routine next week when my Mum has left and the children are back at school...here's hoping! :)

I think we all need routine. It's hard to be good when people are staying anyway. Have a fantastic time at Legoland! xx

Just popping in to say Hi - it's so quiet here and I wish I could get round to posting more often as I loved it when this board was buzzing with people!!

I seem to have settled back in to a routine now that my parents have gone. I've lost some of the weight that I put on but still have a few lbs to go before I'm down to my CD goal weight and another stone away from where I would like to be. The clothes fit better again though and that is the important bit.

It seemed as if we were all struggling a bit a few weeks ago - not sure if this is still the case - maybe we need to become a bit more active on here to help us through this. I know the evenings are my worst time and I literally have to sit on my hands at time to stop myself raiding the kitchen. It's funny how I hate overeating but at the same time really really want to keep on doing it.

Anyway I must take Molly over to the woods for a run so will need to go now. I will pop in later.

Goals for today:

1. Drink lots of water (ok sugar free squash)
2. Walk for an hour
3. no second helpings!

Hey Alli

I know what you mean with wanting to be slim but also wanting to eat, it is sometimes just sooo sooo hard. I am trying literally endlessly to break the cycles at the moment, and to break finally into the 9 stone mark. I feel like I have forgotten the weight I have lost so far because I have been battling the same 7lbs for so long if that makes sense?

I hope you had a brilliant time at Legoland btw (I know that was a while ago now) I live v close to there :)

Have a lovely day today - good to see you back on the board - CD or no CD products :) xx

9st something - doubt I'll ever see that ;) - would be nice though.

Legoland was good although the day was a bit of a disaster really. First Inland Revenue screwed up my tax code and I got paid loads less than I normally do and I spent the whole journey there queuing to get through only to get cut off through poor reception when I was getting close to them answering. Utterly soul destroying! Then on the way back we found that the M25 was closed due to an accident and had to drive through central London. It took us nearly 3 hours thanks to DH deciding to go the "faster" back roads. The children enjoyed it at least.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

9st something...you're much taller than me though hun - I'm only 5'3 :)

Yeah the signal on the road up to Legoland is a nightmare!
If you go again - I do know a route that can get you to motorways much much quicker, and the Legoland tourists don't know it - so PM me if you do go again - we use the route daily to escape to/from work as you can imagine it's always busy.
My brother works there aswell - mental ueing at times around some of the rides - in that sense, America is so much better.

Weekend is ok, would be nicer with a bit brighter weather, as it's really miserable here, but then I've got a fair bit of reading/course material to get through before I start on assignment no.4 of this year on Monday...fingers crossed I can get that finished by Fri, before we go away on Mon xx

Hey Alli, that sounds a nightmare. Queuing on the phone is so frustrating anyway and when you then get cut off, even more so.
We went to Thorpe Park the other day and I hate the M25 - went the night before as didn't want to risk rush hour.

These boards are so quiet right now - going to try and post lots on the active posts at least and then it will seem busier. Have a good day.

Still quiet on here I see...

I've been thinking more and more about losing weight this week as I'd still like to lose a bit and as a result I've eaten non stop :rolleyes::sigh:.

I seem to be doing a lot better when I am trying to maintain than when I'm actively wanting to lose weight - it's annoying when I'm not quite at the weight I'd like to be but I don't want to slip back into bingeing so will try and ease back into maintenance for now.

I hope you are all coping well with the challenges that maintenance throws at us - it's so much harder than I could ever imagine. I can't stand eating moderately (there - I said it :D). I read an interview of Kristine from SATC (no idea of her real name) and she said that she has a little of what she fancies. If she feels like an ice cream (can't remember what it actually was) she'll have a few bites and throw the rest away. I mean, come on! To me that just isn't normal. To have a whole ice cream as a special treat every now and then, fine, but to just eat a few bites and throw the rest away doesn't make sense to me!

I'm sure it is my logic that's faulty as she has a lovely figure so it's clearly working for her. I just can't imagine doing that in a way that isn't forced.

Anyway - I have spag bols on the cooker which needs attention. Special request from the children!

Have a great weekend!

Hey Alli

I know exactly what you mean...for me though I'm terrible at only a 'little' of what I fancy - I have far too much when it's something I like - resulting in my far too big weight gain following our break away...something I really wasn't planning on.
Scales are already dropping again which is good, but really could have/should have done without them going up so much in the first place - but hey ho, you live and learn.

Hope you are having a better week - I know it's quiet on here but am still around :) x

Hi AM,

I have been away with work for a few days and have put on 7lbs!!! I even went to the gym whilst being away but clearly that was not enough. I guess the little exercise I did didn't quite off set the buffet breakfasts and 3 course meals...It was lovely though!

It now means that I am a stone over my original CD goal and I could kick myself. I had such a shock stepping on the scales yesterdays that I went straight back onto using weight loss resources. It wasn't long ago that I was thinking about lowering my goal but now my original goal seems far away...

Oh well - at least the weather is nice and plenty of opportunity to be outside.

Must go now as we are taking the children swimming (hoping it will be quiet as the weather is so good) - Hope you are doing well and enjoying the sunny weather! :)

My gain is about 7lbs too - was a shocker, but a deserved one for me. Even with the walking/swimming etc - but I knew by Thurs my clothes were all tighter again and it wasn't good.
Yesterday/today have been good so far, the weather is helping actually, drinking gallons of juice/water which I tend to find helps (altho I know I hold onto more in this weather too)
Hoping to lose as much as poss this week as I know with me the more I can shoft in that first week the less has actually "stayed put weight" if that makes sense. Have a bbq with friends planned for next weekend, but absolutely must not mess around with food then - I know I can do it...and tis only about 8 weeks to go til dress fitting now too.

Hope the swimming pool is quiet for you, and good to see you're still here :)

We'll get those lbs off hun, gotta right? :) xx

8 weeks - plenty of time to lose any extras nice and steady!

I've joined the gym and am going for my induction tonight. I'm not a gym lover but I do go to Aquafit classes every week and as I pay £6 every time and membership is £40 per month it's worth doing so that I can add a class or two per week. If nothing else it will be cheaper when we go swimming as I go free.

It really is eerily quiet in here! I wish it would get a bit busier again as I could do with the amazing support network on here about 6 months ago!

Good Luck with your weight loss AM - are you on a specific diet or just trying to cut down?

Hey Alli and Alexmummy. I know what you mean about the quiet - kind of puts me off coming on here because feels like the support isn't there anymore. It's a shame.

Hope you're both okay, apart from the gains, which are never nice, but they're not massive! xx

Hey Alli,

Yes it's been quiet here, i've decided i need to come back an post again now so let's all get the posting going again! I think the more we post the people will feel encouraged to post more often.

Snap on the gain, i am 7lbs up and detemined to tackle this from today, hopefully having a holiday in Sept and want to look as good as last year (hubby says i don't look any different though, poss in my head!)
Still just want to feel calmer and posting here def helps with that.

Wishing you a fab bank holiday weekend!

xx

Hey Alli, how's things? Hope the gym is all going OK, and you are feeling more calm and positive. Posting is picking up in here, yay :)

xx

Back