Extra Easy Alli???

What's that?!

No, i don't think you would need to, SW is very low fat anyway.

There was a thread on this earlier today.

I'm not sure there's much point taking Alli on Slimming World. Obviously it can't hurt, but the leaflet that comes with it says not to take it if you don't eat any fat with your meals - I don't know about you, but with my SW foods I hardly have any fat in there.

(It's on offer in boots and Lloyds Pharmacy at the moment!)

I have heard LOTS of horror stories about what happens while taking it and its completely put me off.

Ones like this and other tablets which are meant to stop you obsorbing fat, apparently if you actually have any fat while on them then because it stops you obsorbing it you end up passing it out you backside but of because its unorbsorbed fatty-ness it comes out as oil. So you end up leaking an oily mess which you cant control and a lady told me a story about it staining not only her clothes but someone elses sofa!

After reading all those stories I have to be trueful and say I would NEVER take it! Want that extra pound badly? Try a little more body magic and see what happens :)

I used it a couple of years ago & found the side effects very undesirable !!! Lets just say you need to be near a loo & when you've 'got to go', you've 'got to go'!!! I spent a fortune on loo cleaner as the oil you pass stained the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely there isnt any point in taking something like that while doing SW anyway?

If you are following the plan 100% then SW works and you lose weight.

I used to take these tablets and the effects are not very nice..... Passing oil :$ I would rather not eat the fat and SW is very low fat so no need to use them.

I tried it once and will not try it again, waste of money and the side effects are not very nice!

i would never ever take it anyway after hearing the horror stories from these types of pills!
but as everyone else already said there really is no point whilst on sw anyway if you are following it correctly as you arent really eating much fat.

Luverick, my start weight isn't far of what yours was and you lost so much in 7 months. This is really inspiring and has help me feel confident in reaching my target this year.

Just to say I absolutley love this forum and I think it is going to be such a help in keeping me on track.
Sorry for moving off the thread subject but just wanted to say that

:thankyou:

Luverick, my start weight isn't far of what yours was and you lost so much in 7 months. This is really inspiring and has help me feel confident in reaching my target this year.

Just to say I absolutley love this forum and I think it is going to be such a help in keeping me on track.
Sorry for moving off the thread subject but just wanted to say that

:thankyou:

aww thankyou!
and good luck to you......you can and will do it xxx

I took alli while doing slimming world yeah I lost weight, no I didn't get any horrible side effects as I was good too scared to not be good! But I now have gall stones which I'm awaiting surgery for, and there are lots of contributing factors but the doc said that these was one of them! Stay away if you can really help it! X

I've tried them as well a few years back, and I was very stupid and didnt even eat a low fat diet... I did lose but it was a very unpleasant experience!

I'm so glad I don't have to put my body through that any more to lose weight... I can do it safely and enjoyably through SW xxxxxxxxxxxx

:I was on the GP version called Orlistat (basically a double dose) and lets just say passing wind whilst not on the loo was NEVER an option and lead to a very embarrassing situation when i had to claim on the DFS stain guard after an unfortunate incident!

I lost about a kilo but that was it and made life hell..even low low low low fat foods caused a nightmare!

Stay well away is my advice!! :argh::argh:

:I was on the GP version called Orlistat (basically a double dose) and lets just say passing wind whilst not on the loo was NEVER an option and lead to a very embarrassing situation when i had to claim on the DFS stain guard after an unfortunate incident!

I lost about a kilo but that was it and made life hell..even low low low low fat foods caused a nightmare!

Stay well away is my advice!! :argh::argh:

Lol phone call to DFS, "can you determine what the stain may be madam?" "Erm.....sh*t...." :D :D

Sorry! :)

LOL i know.. i said it was a side effect of medication.. **there was a silence**

Back