Allimack gettin back on track

Thurs 19/09/13
Green (BF)

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (HXB), skimmed milk (part HXA), sweetener
Lunch: Boiled eggs, chickpea dahl loaf, activia raspberry yoghurt
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Mammy's veg soup, spuds, strawberries
Snack planned 4 later: Hot choc made wif skimmed milk (2syns & part HXA), 2 x Aplen lights (HXB)

HX's: 2 x HXA* * 2 x HXB
* rest of HXA as dashes in coffee

Syns: 2 :)

I'm tryin a green day 2day 4 a wee change n think I'm gona try 2 vary the plan I follow a bit more, swappin between EE, Red n Green days, in the hope that it'll shake things up a bit n kick start my static weight loss. I'v also stuck 2 the promise I made 2 myself last nite n ave drank a pint of water or NAS 4 every feed so far since I posted that - even the bottle dreamfeed last nite! Anyway fingers x'd I'l c the desired result next WI :cross:

Im really enjoying your food diary, Allimack. Huge congrats on the gorgeous little lad of yours. so cute. Just wondering what syn free sausages are and where you can get them?.
Have you any ideas what i could eat in uni canteen. When I am up in Derry, the canteen is where I have to have my main meal of the day as I stay in and bed and breakfast with no fridge or kitchen facilities. I can keep fruit in the bathroom, i guess to keep some bit cool as i am only up there for four nights and home for three.

The canteen has a range of absolute rubbish food ie specials of the day with miscellaneous sauces and tiny portions!. i could get a baked spud with beans but i really need some meat or chicken without sauce. last year they charged me £3 for just a plain chicken breast as they had to cook it special as all the meat/poultry they serve is covered in unidentifiable sauces/batters/oils/fats. I used to have just one sausage with the jacket and beans. anyone any better ideas as sausage is so fatty. just a pity i have no kitchen or fridge!!. I will keep bread and laughing cow cheeses for tea in my room with rich tea biscuits and maybe hot choc as i have a kettle. any advice, please, please, please????x

Im really enjoying your food diary, Allimack. Huge congrats on the gorgeous little lad of yours. so cute. Just wondering what syn free sausages are and where you can get them?.
Have you any ideas what i could eat in uni canteen. When I am up in Derry, the canteen is where I have to have my main meal of the day as I stay in and bed and breakfast with no fridge or kitchen facilities. I can keep fruit in the bathroom, i guess to keep some bit cool as i am only up there for four nights and home for three.

The canteen has a range of absolute rubbish food ie specials of the day with miscellaneous sauces and tiny portions!. i could get a baked spud with beans but i really need some meat or chicken without sauce. last year they charged me £3 for just a plain chicken breast as they had to cook it special as all the meat/poultry they serve is covered in unidentifiable sauces/batters/oils/fats. I used to have just one sausage with the jacket and beans. anyone any better ideas as sausage is so fatty. just a pity i have no kitchen or fridge!!. I will keep bread and laughing cow cheeses for tea in my room with rich tea biscuits and maybe hot choc as i have a kettle. any advice, please, please, please????x

does your canteen have a microwave you can use?
cos you could make some meals the days you're at home and take a few with you to heat up?

a good few mugshots are free which isn't ideal meal wise...but might be handy to have if you have a kettle in your room?

weetabix/overnight oats (that's your HEb of plain oats left in a yog overnight) might be ideal for breakfast before you head out and you could have that with some fruit?
ww pitta bread can also be used as your HEb (1) and you could fill them with cold meat/salad stuff?

could you get the baked potato and take a bag of salad stuff with you, packet of turkey/chicken breast with you? or things like left overs from gammon joints etc that could do your 1st couple of days there? (i know when i cook gammon, there's always some slices left and sometimes i freeze them to have another time which is great for quickness)
now that the weather's getting cold...you could prob get away with keeping stuff on the window ledge...not nice as ornaments but it's sw friendly lol x

does your canteen have a microwave you can use?
cos you could make some meals the days you're at home and take a few with you to heat up?

a good few mugshots are free which isn't ideal meal wise...but might be handy to have if you have a kettle in your room?

weetabix/overnight oats (that's your HEb of plain oats left in a yog overnight) might be ideal for breakfast before you head out and you could have that with some fruit?
ww pitta bread can also be used as your HEb (1) and you could fill them with cold meat/salad stuff?

could you get the baked potato and take a bag of salad stuff with you, packet of turkey/chicken breast with you? or things like left overs from gammon joints etc that could do your 1st couple of days there? (i know when i cook gammon, there's always some slices left and sometimes i freeze them to have another time which is great for quickness)
now that the weather's getting cold...you could prob get away with keeping stuff on the window ledge...not nice as ornaments but it's sw friendly lol x

Thank you so much for your reply hun. Some fantastic ideas here. I love the chicken breast that I can buy in asda and bring in to have with jacket and beans. I can keep wholemeal bread and laughing cow cheeses for sandwich for tea in my room. Cant really transport food from home as I have an 8 hour journey on public bus and train and my luggage is usually stuffed, lol. I love the idea of the window ledge. really hadn't thought of that because heating will be on in the bathroom over the winter. I will definitely add chicken pieces and tinfoil to my list for up there. It really is possible to be on plan if you really want to with this diet!!. Thanks again for helping me and taking the time to reply.xx

Thank you so much for your reply hun. Some fantastic ideas here. I love the chicken breast that I can buy in asda and bring in to have with jacket and beans. I can keep wholemeal bread and laughing cow cheeses for sandwich for tea in my room. Cant really transport food from home as I have an 8 hour journey on public bus and train and my luggage is usually stuffed, lol. I love the idea of the window ledge. really hadn't thought of that because heating will be on in the bathroom over the winter. I will definitely add chicken pieces and tinfoil to my list for up there. It really is possible to be on plan if you really want to with this diet!!. Thanks again for helping me and taking the time to reply.xx

no worries...you'll get lots of ideas and help/support on this site :)
i've been trying to think of other things you could do.
i do enjoy eating the sw way...but you def need to be prepared otherwise it's more difficult.
i don't think it's as easy to pick things up when you're out the way you could with other things (ie ww etc cos they have branded stuff everywhere). obviously nothing's off limits cos we have our syns but i mean it's not as easy to eat freely unless you want to spent the entire time nibbling on fruit and veg or blow your syns in one sitting!

do you have access to the sw website? cos you could look over all the HE's...cereals & cereal bars, ryvitas and other cracker/crisp breads etc...those might be handy for you to have at night time if your mail meal is through the day.
remember tuna and other tinned fish might be good too (if you like them), you could have baked potato with tuna?

doesn't sound like it's gonna be easy for you due to your circumstances but if you think of as many thrifty wee ideas as you can...it'll def help!
you should try to look through lots of people's diaries and get ideas from what they're having.

what plan are you following? i've just realised i'm banging on about slimming world then noticed your stats say slim and save! lol x

no worries...you'll get lots of ideas and help/support on this site :)
i've been trying to think of other things you could do.
i do enjoy eating the sw way...but you def need to be prepared otherwise it's more difficult.
i don't think it's as easy to pick things up when you're out the way you could with other things (ie ww etc cos they have branded stuff everywhere). obviously nothing's off limits cos we have our syns but i mean it's not as easy to eat freely unless you want to spent the
entire time nibbling on fruit and veg or blow your syns in one sitting!

do you have access to the sw website? cos you could look over all the HE's...cereals & cereal bars, ryvitas and other cracker/crisp breads etc...those might be handy for you to have at night time if your mail meal is through the day.
remember tuna and other tinned fish might be good too (if you like them), you could have baked potato with tuna?

doesn't sound like it's gonna be easy for you due to your circumstances but if you think of as many thrifty wee ideas as you can...it'll def help!
you should try to look through lots of people's diaries and get ideas from what they're having.

what plan are you following? i've just realised i'm banging on about slimming world then noticed your stats say slim and save! lol x

Oh sorry, slim and save was ages ago. Ive done every vlcd know to man and obviously piled it all on again, lol. Tuna is such a great idea. I hadn't even thought of that!!. Im following extra easy with the books I have from the one class that I went to. It is the best way of eating that there is. I always watch fruit as I am type two diabetic so I will have one banana with hot water and lemon before uni. the asda mixed fruit pack at tea at 11am and then a meal and muller light in canteen at dinner time (approx. 1pm). my syns will be two rich tea biscuits and 1 lemon weightwatcher slice. I will have a wholemeal sandwich with laughing cow lites at 6pm and that's it. maybe a black coffee or options hot choc at 9pm. how does that look??. I also like a skinny latte from coffee shop on campus at times. what do you think of the plan?

Oh sorry, slim and save was ages ago. Ive done every vlcd know to man and obviously piled it all on again, lol. Tuna is such a great idea. I hadn't even thought of that!!. Im following extra easy with the books I have from the one class that I went to. It is the best way of eating that there is. I always watch fruit as I am type two diabetic so I will have one banana with hot water and lemon before uni. the asda mixed fruit pack at tea at 11am and then a meal and muller light in canteen at dinner time (approx. 1pm). my syns will be two rich tea biscuits and 1 lemon weightwatcher slice. I will have a wholemeal sandwich with laughing cow lites at 6pm and that's it. maybe a black coffee or options hot choc at 9pm. how does that look??. I also like a skinny latte from coffee shop on campus at times. what do you think of the plan?

does the banana fill you up for breakfast?
i'd need more than that if it was me but we're all different.

what you've posted is def on plan...but you might get fed up with the same stuff.

you could do 1 weetabix with banana for breakfast (1/2 HE's)
fruit mid morning
your meal at 1pm
that leaves you half a HE so you could have a mughshot (maybe some chicken through it) in the evening, an alpen light or 2 ryvita with philly light (the wee pots would be handy for you) or the cheese triangles, or even cold meat?

low syn crisps (if you're a crisp fan...which i am lol)
alpen lights bars are HEb - 2 of them, 1 x special k chewy delight bars are too if you like them?

pop over to my diary if you want and we can chat there instead of hijacking alli's thread lol. x

does the banana fill you up for breakfast?
i'd need more than that if it was me but we're all different.

what you've posted is def on plan...but you might get fed up with the same stuff.

you could do 1 weetabix with banana for breakfast (1/2 HE's)
fruit mid morning
your meal at 1pm
that leaves you half a HE so you could have a mughshot (maybe some chicken through it) in the evening, an alpen light or 2 ryvita with philly light (the wee pots would be handy for you) or the cheese triangles, or even cold meat?

low syn crisps (if you're a crisp fan...which i am lol)
alpen lights bars are HEb - 2 of them, 1 x special k chewy delight bars are too if you like them?

pop over to my diary if you want and we can chat there instead of hijacking alli's thread lol. x

Xmisskx, ill definitely write this down. some fantastic options for me that I never new existed. Thanks again. I will pop over to your diary to subscribe. Sorry for hijacking the thread Alli. x

No need 2 worry bout hijackin my thread folks, the more the merrier I reckon! Sorry 4 bein AWOL..I was naughty n strayed off plan - AGAIN! lol! Wee Sam had such an awful nite on Thurs that Chris had 2 take Fri off work cos he'd gotten so little sleep n that was just from listenin 2 the cryin! :( I had no sleep whatsoever so SW didn't factor very highly on my list of priorities on Fri! lol! Sat wud ave been ok except I let my sisters talk me in2 getting a Chinese 4 T but at least yesterday was on plan. I won't waste time n space loggin those days - needless 2 say I'm back on wif avengence 2day so here goes - fingers crossed I can keep it up this time....

Mon 23/09/13
EE (BF)

Breakfast: porridge made wif water (HXB), some skimmed milk (part HXA), sweetener
Snack: Apple, coffee, beetroot
Lunch: Boiled eggs, dahl loaf, baked beans, activia yoghurt, coffee
Dinner: Campfire casserole, syn-free mash or baked sweet potato (not sure which yet..)
Supper: Hot choc (2syns), 2 x Aplen lights (HXB)

HX's: 1 x HXA* & 2 x HXB
* Rest of HXA as dashes in hot drinks

Thanx, yer very welcome! Sorry 4 not replyin 2 u sooner tho. The syn-free sausages I get r made by my local butcher here in Coleraine but I kno of a butcher's in Derry that makes them 2. It's called Breslin's n they'v a shop in Lisnagelvin Shoppin Centre, accordin 2 their Facebook pagethere's another 1 at the wee retail park on the Buncrana Road and 1 in Strathfoyle as well. I kno u said u'd no cookin facilities where u stay in Derry but mayb u'd b able 2 take sum stuff home wif u - not sure how practical that'd b in real life tho sorry!

As 4 food/meal ideas I'm afraid MissK wud knock the socks off any suggestions I cud make - she rocks at stuff like that! Do u ave access 2 a microwave or toaster in yer room at all?

No need 2 worry bout hijackin my thread folks, the more the merrier I reckon! Sorry 4 bein AWOL..I was naughty n strayed off plan - AGAIN! lol! Wee Sam had such an awful nite on Thurs that Chris had 2 take Fri off work cos he'd gotten so little sleep n that was just from listenin 2 the cryin! :( I had no sleep whatsoever so SW didn't factor very highly on my list of priorities on Fri! lol! Sat wud ave been ok except I let my sisters talk me in2 getting a Chinese 4 T but at least yesterday was on plan. I won't waste time n space loggin those days - needless 2 say I'm back on wif avengence 2day so here goes - fingers crossed I can keep it up this time....

Mon 23/09/13
EE (BF)

Breakfast: porridge made wif water (HXB), some skimmed milk (part HXA), sweetener
Snack: Apple, coffee, beetroot
Lunch: Boiled eggs, dahl loaf, baked beans, activia yoghurt, coffee
Dinner: Campfire casserole, syn-free mash or baked sweet potato (not sure which yet..)
Supper: Hot choc (2syns), 2 x Aplen lights (HXB)

* Rest of HXA as dashes in hot drinks

i think you're more than allowed to have Sam as your main priority...and sleep before SW ;)

glad all is well with you now x

i think you're more than allowed to have Sam as your main priority...and sleep before SW ;)

glad all is well with you now x

Thanx hun! It was mad avin such a ruff nite cos he's been doin so well. I think he must b avin a wee growth spurt or sumthin cos he seems 2 b starving all the time as well. I'm told 6wks is an age this can happen n Sam's 6wks 2day. SW-wise I'v been 100% yesterday n 2day n I'm really gona try 2 stick wif it cos I kno how much better it makes me feel when I do. Despite lots of talk bout it I still aven't managed 2 find time 4 any exercise other than the very odd walk but again I really wana try cos it makes me feel good in myself. In fact I ordered an exercise dvd 2day! It's called Ba Ba Boogie n the idea is u do the exercises wearin yer baby in a sling/baby carrier. The background screen has shapes n stuff which r sposed 2 entertain the baby n I spose it also means u don't ave 2 find baby-free time 2 exercise. It's prob gona b just a gimmicky thing but it was only £4 off Ebay so we'l c ;)...

awww :)
you'll need to let us know how that goes when it arrives.
i bet it some work out depending on the weight of each baby...you might want to give it a miss when the solids come and he starts getting podgy pmsl x

Lmao at ba ba boogie that sounds awesome! It is def a clever idea if it works! Sorry the last few days have been tough, babies keep you on your toes that is for sure. Well done for getting back on it again.

I am intrigued by the dahl loaf: how do you make that if you dont mind me asking?

Lmao at ba ba boogie that sounds awesome! It is def a clever idea if it works! Sorry the last few days have been tough, babies keep you on your toes that is for sure. Well done for getting back on it again.

I am intrigued by the dahl loaf: how do you make that if you dont mind me asking?

Its MissK's recipe n I must say its very nice, espec wif soup I reckon. Its simple enuf 2 make: 1 tin Asda chickpea dahl, 1 packet of batchelors savoury rice made as directed (MissK uses the beef 1 but I used the golden 1 cos that wat I had in the cupboard!) n 2-3 eggs, blitz it all up 2gether n bake 4 bout 45mins @ 180C. I do it in a silicone loaf tin sprayed wif frylite n it came out ok but it does ave a tendency 2 stick 2 the container and/or crumble apart - trial n error really 2 find wat suits u. It's delicious hot or cold, I'v even toasted it umder the grill n had it wif eggs n beans n it was lovely...here's a wee pic of how mine turned out... Dahl loaf.jpg

Well I'm playin catch up again since I 4got 2 log yesterday's food but it's WI 2day n I'm delighted 2 report a LOSS!!! Yes u heard that rite - finally after 2wks (or is it 3!?) of STS I'v lost 1lb! I kno that may not seem much but when there's just a few lbs left 2 go it feels gr8 n so that's 5.5lb left til I'm back 2 my pre-pregnancy n target weight! :happy036:

Tues 24/09/13
EE (BF)

Breakfast: Porridge made wif water (HXB), skimmed milk (part HXA), sweetener, coffee
Snack: Apple, coffee
Lunch: Carrot n lentil soup, dahl loaf, activia yoghurt
Dinner: Syn-free mash, baked beans, gammon steak (fat cut off)
Snack: Hot choc (2syns)

HX's: 1 x HXA* & 1 x HXB
* rest of HXA in hot choc/coffee

Wed 25/09/13
EE (BF)

Breakfast: Porridge made wif water (HXB), skimmed milk (part HXA), sweetener, coffee
Snack: Apple, coffee
Lunch: chicken n veg soup, 3 x Ryvita (1/2HXB), activia yoghurt
Dinner - not sure yet but prob: baby potatoes, steamed veg, fish in butter sauce (1.5syns)
Snack: Hot choc (2syns), 1 x Aplen light (1/2HXB)

* rest of HXA in hot choc/coffee

Syns: 3.5 :)

I def think increasing my fluid intake has helped on the weight loss front - I'v been drinkin a pint per breastfeed! lol! Not that it means I'm eatin any less or anything but my system obviously needs the extra 2 b able 2 function properly, most likely due 2 the breastfeeding. Hope every1's well on this dull grey Wed! xx

Back