allowed foods query on cruise

irishchub

I seem to be finding conflicting info online - on cruise am I allowed low fat cheddar eg. Low low? Also can I have rhubarb??

Hi IrishChub - you can have 30g of low-fat Cheddar if its less than 7% fat (not sure that even exists)... the rule on Cruise is 2xTolerated foods a day and Cheese under 7% fat is allowed. So, if you used all on cheese you could have 60g a day.

Rhubarb is also allowed - 100g as a tolerated food... so, again 2 TOTAL of tolerated foods (you could do 1xcheese serving and 1xrhubarb... though together doesn't sound too great! ;-)

The list of tolerated foods is only on the Coaching Site and not in the book (think it gets updated/adapted regularly much to the chagrin of veteran Dukaneers on here ;)):

• Tolerated food is food you can have starting from the Cruise phase.
    You must remember that you are allowed of two items per day.
    Fat free fruit yogurts (with bits) 1
  • Plain soya yogurt 1
  • Corn Flour 20g
  • 3% fat cream (double or single) 30g (1 tbs)
  • 1 coffee spoon of sugar free low fat cocoa powder (no more than 20% fat)
  • Wine (red/white) for cooking 3 tbs
  • Spiced Goat sausage 50g
  • Poultry sausage 100g
  • Soya milk (glass) 15cl
  • 7% fat cheese 30g
  • Rhubarb (cooked) 100g
  • Oil 3 drops (3g)
  • Gaspacho (not home made) one glass
  • Soy sauce 1 tsp
  • Extra light Philidelphia 30g
  • Light cheese like laughing cow 30g
  • Custard Powder as "Bird" 1 table spoon per day with sweetener and skimmed milk
Oat Bran
  • Oat Bran during Attack 1 & 1/2 tbs
  • Oat Bran during Cruise 2 tbs
  • Oat Bran during Consolidation 2 tbs
Best of luck to you!!

:-O I cant believe these details arent in the book!!! OMG this will make things so much easier thank you sooooooooooooooo much for the info!!! Also, a slice of low low cheese (pre-sliced) is 4.4g fat!! :) Thank you again Jess, and best of luck to you as well xxx

Also, a slice of low low cheese (pre-sliced) is 4.4g fat!! :)

Be careful you aren't confusing grams with percentages - a slice of cheese with 4.4gs but which weighed in total 20g would 25% fat, way over the limit for cruise.

So double check the weight and percentage.

A word of caution... these tolerated ingredients, as you can see at a glance, are fattier/carbier than his general advice in the book and are (in my opinion) part of his "playing to the crowd" policy of late. Particularly with the constant updates!

They will slow your weight loss too, if overused, so we advise restraint so that the day when you've really had enough and are on the verge of going to the baker's, you have some leeway to use these tolerated foods.

He did used to say on the official (French) website to only use them IF your weight loss is satisfactory AND you're not stalling.

Up to you of course but starting out using them isn't the best idea in my humble opinion...

I didn't find any hard cheese in the UK within the "less than 7% fat" rule (and I have doubts about a lot of the cottage cheese too!)

Thank you Joanne,
Im only on my 4th day, 1st day of Cruise and tbh I could do without the tolerated ingredients at this stage, on a Sunday though after lunch I DO like to have a tasty dessert and we always go to my mums where she has an abundance of home-made cakes and brownies so I think I would like to use 2 tolerated foods on a Sunday to have some rhubarb and custard lol!

Im finding this forum so helpful, so want to say thanks for everyones help :) xx

Try rhubarb stirred into some 0% fat greek yoghurt with a little sweetener added.

Back