Almond butter

linski24

Gold Member
I made almond butter yesterday as an alternative to peanut butter .... It is blooming yummy ..!!! And very healthy and no added ANYTHING .. Just the nuts themselves ... Had some this morning on rye bread for my breakfast x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I looove almond butter (although I cheat and buy it in a jar). Love it on toast, stirred into porridge, spread on apple slices, eaten off the spoon...

You can also make pumpkin seed butter (that I also buy in a jar...) - it's bright green! :)

Plumfoodie said:
I looove almond butter (although I cheat and buy it in a jar). Love it on toast, stirred into porridge, spread on apple slices, eaten off the spoon...

You can also make pumpkin seed butter (that I also buy in a jar...) - it's bright green! :)

You ought to have a go yourself ..!! I cannot believe how easy it is ..!!!! You don't even add anything ..!!!
Erm think I'm going to give the pumpkin seed butter a go .!!!!

shakenomore said:
Hi Linski

How did you make the almond butter?

Thanks

Oohhhh so easy .... Two cup fully of whole almonds ... Toady in oven for about 15-20 mins at 180 ...
Tip into food processor and turn it on ... Ocaissionally switch off and scrape down the sides .... You must however process for 12-15 mins ..!! That's when the nuts natural oils ate released and makes a nice smooth butter ... IF .. And only if .. You need to .. Then add a teaspoon of olive oil ...
Please remember to be patient and keep on processing ..!!! :)))

I bought some almond butter and pumpkin butter the other day, and was wondering what to do with them. As well as the toast and porridge ideas, any others? I might crack open a jar tomorrow!

Back