Almond Extract

Pinksparklybirdy

Well after yesterday's first encounter with "Porridge" :eek::eek: (Vile!) I decided to make a cookie from my Oatmeal pack today. Ok, cookie-like it wasn't, but it WAS about a million percent improvement on yesterday.

I added a couple of drops of Almond Extract to it for flavour which worked really well - I'd estimate about a 1/4 teaspoonful, if that. As there is 1.6g carbs per Tablespoonful of extract, I am thinking this is probably ok as long as I only do it once a day... What do you reckon?

Pinksparklybirdy said:
Well after yesterday's first encounter with "Porridge" :eek::eek: (Vile!) I decided to make a cookie from my Oatmeal pack today. Ok, cookie-like it wasn't, but it WAS about a million percent improvement on yesterday.

I added a couple of drops of Almond Extract to it for flavour which worked really well - I'd estimate about a 1/4 teaspoonful, if that. As there is 1.6g carbs per Tablespoonful of extract, I am thinking this is probably ok as long as I only do it once a day... What do you reckon?

Are you sure that's the level of carbs? I would have expected it to be much higher. What is the calorie level? As long as it fits in with your overall carb/calorie level for the day then personally I would have it - but some people like to stick exactly to the programme - ypur choice.

I use cinnamon in mine. Its yummy!

Back