Almostthere's final journey to become Gotthere!

What's an oopsie roll? Sounds like falling down a hill!

Ok kat, am off to make a pork chop. Might force myself and have more mushrooms with it!!

i made some and posted a piccie in the food thread,
lovely with a little whipped cream.

Aarrgh can't find it! Hopeless moving around the site on a phone. Will search tomorrow when I am on the computer.

So food today was:

BF - mackerel, garlic mushrooms with phili

L - salad with feta cheese and olives

D - cream of chicken soup (from atkins book) x 2 cos was sooo moreish!
Bacon and asparagus with melted cheese on top

Feel like I have overeaten today. Suspect I've had too much cream... Can't keep my hands off it!

Well have been busy, busy, busy at work so not managed to get on here for a few days!

Have a stinking head cold - headache, can't breathe, streaming nose and eyes - and it's driving me nuts.

Apart from that all is good. Diet going brilliantly.

Interestingly I had a health mot yesterday. Weighed, measured, had my bp/cholesterol/glucose levels checked. Result is that I am going to live - yay! My blood pressure and glucose levels are ay ok which is great. My cholesterol was a teeny teeny weeny bit over, but he wasn't worried about it. And I suspect that a few more days into Atkins will have it lowered even more. I dread to think what it would have been pre-Atkins!

However, my tummy measurement wasn't good. Am an apple shape (thanks mum!) and it's always the last place I lose. So even although he said I was only a few pounds overweight (which I knew anyway) I really need to lose more off my stomach.

Totally different topic - we are seriously considering getting a dog!! Never had one before and it's a bit scary. I'm really a cat person, but we live next to a busy road which runs through our village and our two cats were killed on it. So not risking getting another cat and the girls are absolutely desperate for a dog. Always have been and I've had enough of my ears being bent about it.

Went today to the local stray dog shelter. Some gorgeous dogs there but all too large for us unfortunately. Was very upsetting though - I wanted to take them all home! Loads and loads of staffs, poor things. Was a gorgeous boxer who was being rehomed whilst we were there which was nice.

No idea what breed to get. Got loads of requirements though - has to be a dog that:

1. is small (our house and garden aren't huge and there are already 6 of us living here and 4 guinea pigs)
2. likes guinea pigs! Ours run free in the garden all summer and I don't want them being dinner for some hungry hound...
3. is quite docile. We will be taking it into the office with us and so I can't have one that will bound around like a loony and eat the products...
4. doesn't shed much. Want the least amount of mess possible!
5. isn't a puppy. Couldn't cope with that. From 2 - 5yrs old would be ideal which is why rehoming a dog would be ideal.

Any ideas on what we should go for?

Menu today:

BF - scrambled egg (with cream), bacon, fried mushrooms

L - 2 sausages for a treat (lowest carb ones I could find), chicken and bacon in mayo

D - homemade feta burgers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach in cream

Thinking of making mims for the first time so I can have a 'bun' for my burger. Have linseeds though and am working out how I can grind them...

Off to search the cupboards for suitable crushing implement...

How exciting getting a dog. I'm a cat person too, but love dogs. A shelter is a great place to get one. I sponsor 2 through Dogs Trust. Sounds like a lab type dog would be perfect for you or maybe one of the small breeds. Hark at me, never had a dog giving advice.:D Bet the shelters would help you choose and I guarantee you'll know straight away when you see it.

Menu looks good. Oopsie roll should come up if you google it.

Thanks coffeelover. Labs are gorgeous, but probably too big, which is a shame.

Yes will need to speak to the shelter people. There is a huge shelter out Edinburgh way which we are planning to visit. Loads of dogs there so hopefully one will be just right for us.

Is very exciting - never would have dreamed we would be getting a dog! Will need to read up on what we need to buy beforehand...

Hello Almost ... How you find the right dog for you .. Menus look good! Xx

Thanks alpaca. We would LOVE Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, but there aren't a lot of them needing rehomed...

Have decided to make a mim burger roll to have with my burger. So excited! I need to get out more.

Sounds lush ! Lol xx

talk to the rescue,they may be able to pass your details
on to a re homing charity,like my sil does.

Oh and forgot to say, I made the flax burger buns. Woweee they were fab!

Am going to try the mims tomorrow. This has given me a new lease of life!

And found the oopsies recipe - yum. Will definitely try them.

Oh well done!! Keep things in moderation - the motto of the day xx

Hugs .. Xx

Busy, busy, busy today. Got the house to myself for a few minutes so quickly posting. Oldest daughter is off shopping with a friend. Second oldest is away out for the day with my sister. Just dropped the two youngest girls and their cousins off at 'Glee Club' (singing type thingy). Then later this afternoon 3 of my girls have dance exams.

After that my ceilidh band is hosting the folk club meeting, teaching some of our set tunes and the dances. Our 'caller' can't always make our gigs so some of us need to learn to call the dances in his absence. Should be fun...

Diet going great but feel so full when I eat now. Think am going to have to cut my portion sizes, although I don't seem to be eating that much as it is.

Have had quite a few comments this week about how slim I am looking. Is lovely and really gives me a boost.

Menu for today:

BF - scrambled eggs, with butter, cream and cheddar

L - chicken pieces and mushrooms in blue cheese sauce (delish)

D - smoked haddock and cheese sauce, with steamed asparagus and broccoli spears drenched (love that word) in butter

I love food <contented sigh>

All sounds like its going swimmingly Almost xx

Back