Almostthere's final journey to become Gotthere!

Hi there, just looking at some of your meals and I can't believe how good they sound.

Is this diet too good to be true? I'm starting day two and still waitin for my book to arrive so a bit in the dark, what's the deal with flax?

Hello justdoit! It does seem too good to be true doesn't it? But it isn't. Weighed in this morning and have lost 6lbs!!!!

:bliss:

So happy. Oh and have lost 8.5cm from my vanishing flab. :D

Flax is manna from heaven. Can make muffins/bread/cakes/pancakes/rolls/pizza base etc etc from it. Ok, they aren't exactly the same as the regular carb loaded versions, but they are just brilliant as a substitute. Lots of recipes on the mim/flax thread.

Am making bread today in the oven. My oven has been broken for 2 weeks but is (hopefully) getting fixed this morning. Come on Mr Ovenfixer! I want my flax bread!

Have reduced my goal weight. Had it originally as 9.7 which is actually at the very top of my healthy bmi range. Feel pretty confident that I can get there now, so have reduced it to mid bmi range, which is 8.12 (I'm a shorty so although that maybe sounds very low, for my height it's average). So staying on inducation for at least another week then will look to moving onto OWL. Am enjoying induction tbh so don't feel the need to move on just yet.

Morning almost, looking good then love, well done

Aw thanks everyone!

Good day diet wise today.

BF - cheese scrambled eggs

L - roast chicken thighs with feta cheese salad (yummy olives)

D - smoked haddock with broccoli spears and asparagus with cheese sauce - didn't have the haddock yesterday after all as was too late to cook it by the time I got home from the band.

Working tomorrow so better have a think about what I am having to eat!

Morning almost, how did you make the cheese sauce? I've never seen a commercial legal one.

Morning Jim!

I heat some double cream in the microwave (carb counted ofcourse), grate in extra mature cheddar - you don't need much as it so strong - add a teeny weeny bit of french mustard and nuke again. The sauce thickens in the microwave. I add a bit of salt and pepper and that's it! Is lovely.

Off to the office in a second so won't be on much today.

Not sure what will be eating today as still need to menu plan. But for breakfast had a bacon and flax bread sandwich. Yum.

Better get on!

Sounds good, I've tried various ways and they are OK, but not great, I'll give this one a go, have a good day love

Morning, I lent my Atkins recipe book out years ago, never got it back and now I can't remeber who I lent it to :(

What a shame! They are selling pretty cheaply on Amazon these days if you can bear to buy another one.

Working this morning and just got back home. Very little to eat in the house as still haven't had time to do the weekly shop.

Will have flax bread I think, with bacon on. Don't have any cheese left <panicky scream> so will have to do without! <hyperventilates>

Wonder if I could sneak in a teeny bit of peanut butter....

Ooo the cheese sauce sounds lovely, and I havent got to the it in the book where it mentions peanut butter, is that ok?
I have had to resist buying peanut butter for 20 years... Now I'll be dreaming about it!

Last edited:
I saw someone else mentioning having peanut butter, and thought I might be able to have some.

Have just looked at the label - very high in carbs!!!! So definitely OUT for induction. Sorry to get your hopes up only to shatter them... :cry:

I have some sugar free peanut butter (meridian brand from LCM) it only has 1.6 g of carbs per 2 teaspoons. I have it maybe once a week or so.

That's good to know coffeelover! Would make a lovely change for sauces and toppings etc.

In work in a bit, once the Tesco delivery man arrives. Wish he would hurry up as have NOTHING in the house to eat and am starving!

Am also waiting for my new running shoes to arrive.... got a heel fracture from my ancient ones!

No idea what today's menu will be yet, although am definitely having steak for dinner. Yum.

Went out for a drink last night with dh. We have been so busy with the business that it's just been work, work, work lately. dh is working round the clock. Then by the time we get home, all we talk about it work! So dh decided we needed some 'us' time so went to a lovely local pub. I had diet cokes all night <angelic> and drove.

Was very nice and definitely felt more relaxed afterwards. Except we talked about the business most of the time we were out... very hard to shut off.

Tesco order just arrived yay!

Going to have smoked haddock for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and moussaka with cauli rice for dinner.

Have bought celeriac - can't WAIT to try dauphinoise!

Enjoy your lunch :)

I did the cheese sauce the same way as yourself then added some cooked cauli put it in a dish with a little more grated cheese on top sprinkled some paprika over the lot and put it under the grill until the cheese went brown it was delish. Agree it is rich so not much sauce is needed. Look forward to hearing how the celeriac is.

Evening almostthere - hope you've had a delicious day:)

Morning almost, It must be hard to switch off if you have a business together love.

Back