Almostthere's final journey to become Gotthere!

Morning Almost.... Hope you have a good day xx

Morning lovely people.

Well feeling a bit confused today. Put on 2lbs this week... so have only lost 4lbs in 2 weeks of induction. But have lost another 8cm...

Don't understand it. Have been an Atkins angel.... Have started a thread asking for advice.

Anyway, will just keep going and see what happens.

Day off today and it is a gorgeous day, a bit frosty but the sun is shining. Have started a couch to 10k programme and second day is today. So off out for a walk/run in a bit.

Don't know what today's menu will be apart from dinner, which is spiced ribs with celeriac chips (yum).

Morning almost, it happens sometimes, how's your cheese consumption, that stalls some people, myself included also citrix, which is in many soft drinks.

Morning Jim!

I am rather partial (massive understatement) to cheese as you will see from my menus, so have decided to cut right down this week and see if that will get things moving. Will be painful, but hopefully worth it!

Have been avoiding carbonated drinks as I know they affect me, but did have a few glasses on Saturday when we were out for a meal. It was either that or wine, so I thought it was the best option! I really only drink water all day, with one cup of coffee with cream (another thing I am cutting back on) in the morning and sometimes one green tea in the afternoon.

Quick question, should I continue on induction? Imagine I should as the results haven't been astounding... and am not feeling a huge urge to move on anyway.

Just about to go out for my wk1 d2 of c210k...

Menu for today

BF smoked haddock with mushrooms in butter for brekkie. Just because I couldn't face eggs.

L fried steak with asparagus

D spicy ribs with celeriac chips and a small salad

Just been to the opticians. Eyesight is still fine, though will need a prescription for reading on my next check up.

Smear test tomorrow (tmi) aaarggh! Next week dentist double aaaarrgh!! Getting all the appointments done and dusted for the year.

Really, really enjoyed the c210k session this morning. The sun was beating down, it was lovely and warm, sky was blue and the birds were singing. Altered my route to run at the foot of the hills and through the wood. Gorgeous. Hard work but felt great afterwards. Had a few nods from fellow runners which was very nice. Nearly fell in a huge muddy puddle at one point, but didn't.

Mind you, did feel very weak afterwards despite having eaten before going out - had to eat again when I got back in as felt quite wibbly. Hoping my energy levels will rise as the programme becomes more strenuous.

Spare ribs are cooking and off to search how to make the celeriac chips...

That's impressive starting the running program, you make it sound almost enjoyable too!

I'm interested about your cheese intake too, that has always been a massive weakness of mine too, although I have actually found myself not being bothered about it the last couple of days - puzzling?

Your celeriac chips sound tempting... This frying adds a whole new dimension to diets!!!

Gah! Wrote a big reply to you justdoit and my stoopid phone deleted it! :mad:

Anyway, what I said was...

Really love running. Used to be really serious about it until I overdid it and damaged my hip - haven't run for years since. This is me just starting from scratch again so am going to follow the c210k programme religiously as it is a very gentle lead-in and should reduce the chances of injury.

Cheese <drooool> - my biggest downfall. Too easy to go overboard when you are told you can have it... moderation is a pita. That's good it hasn't been bothering you lately. Hope it's catching! Will keep you updated on whether the big freeze on cheese will help my weight loss get moving again.

And you MUST, MUST try celeriac chips! Absolutely the best thing I have had since starting Atkins, honestly! Loved them. But once again they have to be eaten in moderation (drat). I chopped up the whole thing into chip shapes and stuck them inthe freezer. So now I have my own bag of frozen chips!

Menu for today:

BF 2 chopped eggs with butter, 2 bacon rashers

L 3 mini feta burgers (home made) with asparagus in butter

D pork chop with mushrooms and broccoli

And gallons of water.

Sound good to me!

Thanks clanger. That's really encouraging and you have done great!

Someone on here said that they calculate their weight loss over a whole month rather than weekly, as it gives a truer figure. It sounds like good advice.

Have ordered a callanetics dvd and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive! Need to tackle my spare tyre. Seems like it is going to be the very last place I will lose from!

Hi almostthere - agree a monthly rolling total would probably be a good way to look at it:). I am also still trying to shift the last bit from round my waist - seems to be hanging on for dear life! I'm lighter than have npbeen for years but belly still 4 inches bigger than the early years:eek:

Last edited:
Morning, Cheese was my downfall, even today if I overindulge in cheese I will gain weight. :(

Hi almost,
It's a nightmare doing it on phones isn't it?

I think I'll go searching for celeriac then, it seems a good place to start with a new recipe.

Although I don't actually feel like I'm missing anything, I almost don't want to try anything new in case it stops that feeling.

Good luck with the running.

it really works if you keep at it,blooming hard,and i ached
in places i never knew i had,might get it again on dvd,
only have videos,and i don't have a player anymore.
good luck with it.:D

Has been days since I've had a chance to get on here and post. Having been popping on very briefly now and then just to try and keep up with the threads. Real life is a pita!

Katie, just to make you feel worse, the doc who gave me my health check the other week said that fat round your middle is fluid like, and seeps into things... don't quite know what he meant by that but it sounded revolting!

Jim, you and I should move to France! We'd fit in well there hehe.

Justdoit, did you try celeriac? I absolutely love it!

roosnanny, I have the dvd now but haven't even had a chance to open it! Will let you know how I get on once I've actually got it out the packet....

Getting on fine diet-wise. Have lost the mysterious 2lbs which appeared last week, and think I have lost at least another pound. Strongly suspect the reduced cheese intake is definitely a factor, unfortunately.

Went to zumba with my sister last night. Was VERY hard, but great fun! Thought I was going to die at one point and I assume everyone else thought so too as my head looked like it was going to explode!

Haven't been out on 10k programme since Wednesday as life has been just hectic since then. Really frustrating as I want to get onto week 3. Week 4 is when things really step up on the programme...

So, all good so far. Have had LOADS of compliments from people this last week. Is strange that I have been losing weight all year, but people are only just noticing now. It's like the weight loss shows in blocks rather than gradually... am enjoying the compliments though. Gives me such a boost to my confidence.

Was up early this morning for a music practice with another fiddler and a guitar player from our ceilidh band. We have been booked to play at a wedding next month which I'm looking forward to. Will be playing in the garden beforehand, and when the bride walks down the aisle (wedding is being held in a marquee) then during the meal. Later all the band will be joining us to play for the evening reception. My arms will be aching by the end of it all! Love it though. Gives us a chance to play music other than Scottish. Have some baroque duets to play which are fab!

Menu for today:

BF boiled eggs (boring but was in a mad rush)

L ham and phili rolls

D mince bolognese

Lol - good to see you:). And ignoring vision of seeping fat:eek:

Hello Almost... Great to get those pounds out of the way... I'd love to play well... Actually I'd love to play anything!! I just managed the recorder at school lol x

Sounds like you are having a busy time! I am saving the celeriac for a quiet night next week, we've got a public holiday this weekend so we are out and about and I'm just doing easy stuff.

Had a panic when I forgot to take anything out for lunch yesterday but I found a packed of naked nuts for only 4.2 carbs so made that work.

I've remembered to stick a boiled egg in my bag today! I can smell it now, and so can the whole train!!

Back