Aloha!

Mahina Lani

Hi there!

I'm Mahina Lani, although most just call me Lani as the full name is a bit of a mouthful!
I'm pretty rubbish at talking about myself, but here goes:

For the past 6 or so years I've suffered with M.E and severe fibromyalgia (FMS). I'd had the symptoms for longer than that (since my teens really), but a nasty accident in 2003 made everything worse.
The reason I'm here is because both illnesses have made me gain weight where I'm so easily exhausted by even the simplest things and even walking to the end of the road puts me in bed for a few days with exhaustion and severe pains.

So, I decided about a month ago that I was sick of being overweight. I hate how I look, how I feel and I miss being a nice curvy 16 (heck, being a 14 would be nice, but I'm not that ambitious!)
I had researched a couple of diets and thought I'd try Atkins, but a friend from another forum who suffers with the same things I do said that it's not the best diet for someone with M.E and FMS and that a Low GI diet would be more beneficial.

I've been on this diet for a week now (although I've lowered my carb intake as well because I really did eat way too many potatoes as well as too much bread, etc...) and although I'm not noticing much different, I have lost an inch from my waist, so yay!

I decided to join here because although my fella is supportive, I felt that I needed somewhere to go; somewhere that supports people undergoing weight loss challenges.

So that's me, nutshell version.
I've rambled enough, lol, so I shall say that I'm looking forward to getting to know people.
:)

Hi Lani and welcome to Minimins :) Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

hi lani, lovely to read your post and welcome,
this forum is great for keeping you motivated, have fun

sharon x

Thanks you two!

Should have also mentioned, I'm a little bit of a geek that loves tattoos.
I also have an....odd sense of humor.

Hi lani and welcome to minimins, good luck with the Low GI.

You'll fit right in if you have and odd sense off humour. :p

Back