Alpen Light Bars

Kittylady

Hi everyone

Just trying to find out what everyone has been told as to whether Alpen Light bars are still an HEB. I heard that they weren't so checked with my consultant tonight and she said they were told at the beginning of June that they are no longer a healthy extra. However, on the Slimming World site they still show as a healthy extra, so I am now very confused! And, having eaten several this week, it could explain why I maintained :sigh:

Interesting, I still thought they were hexb. I'd like to know for sure though:cool:

I haven't heard anything at all hun and have been to every class throughout June - even if the C's don't know someone on here would so until it's confirmed I'd say they still are! xxx

I hope they have n't took them off, I eat 2 of them every day as a HEX, I'll be lost without them arghhhhhh

Let's not everyone panic and start getting hysterical! ;) Until we have firm confirmation from SW then I say go on as we have been xx

There has been chatter about this on other boards. Alpen Lights are definitely still on the HEB list - it's Alpen muesli that is no longer a HEB. People have phone SWHQ and this has been confirmed so don't panic!

just looked at sw online and they are still showing as a healthy b for 2

listed alphabetically by manufacturer in the page below.
Green Original Extra Easy
Healthy Extra type
a.gif
b.gif

BreadCereal barsCereals & CrispbreadsCheeseDried, Canned & Cooked FruitFishHifi bar, any flavourMeat & PoultryNuts & SeedsOilSoups
1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Dark Chocolate & Almond Cereal Bar, 28g bar1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar, 28g bar1 Sainsbury's BGtY Apple & B/currant M/G+ Prebiotic Cereal Bar, 25g1 Sainsbury's BGtY Apricot & Peach Multigrain+ Prebiotic Bar, 25g bar1 Sainsbury's BGtY Honey, Nut, Fruit & Seed Cereal Bar, 32g bar1 Sainsbury's BGtY Maple Multigrain+ Prebiotic Cereal Bar, 25g bar1 Sainsbury's BGtY Pink Grapefruit M/G+ Prebiotic Cereal Bar, 25g1 Something Xtra Cranberry & Chocolate Cereal Bar, 32g bar1 Tesco Healthy Living Apricot & Oat Crumble Bar, 29g bar1 Weetabix Oaty Bar (any variety)2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars, 21g bar, all varieties2 Asda Real Strawberry/Real Apple Fruit Bars, 20g bar

Thank goodness! I have saved my 2 alpen lights for my snack tonight!

There are always rumours floating around like this, and Minimins is just the place to find out if there is any truth in them.

At one point it looked as though the syn free Muller lights were going to become 1 syn each ... for a second I thought I would have to cut down to only 15 of them a day!! ;)

OMG I didnt even realise they were a HEXB! I've been synning mine every day!!

WOOHOOOOOO!! :eek:)

The C in question will no doubt have heard that Alpen light is no longer a HexB and automatically assumed this meant the bars rather than the no added sugar cereal which HAS been removed from the HexB list.
The bars do taste very naughty though but let's keep it our little secret ;)

I'm glad they're still on the list, as they're a great little treat, and very handy for a sweet fix.

Even if they were removed, however, I would still use them if I wanted to.
Why?
Well, if it was working for me before, then it won't suddenly stop working just because the official plan has been tweaked, assuming the recipe for them hadn't changed drastically.

This was one thing my consultant confirmed unofficially when I spoke to him when I joined in January. I moaned about the fact that corned beef was no longer free, and that tins of meatballs had gone up from 1 or 2 syns to 13 or 14 syns per can.
He reckoned that as these things had worked for me before, they will work again, maybe just not as well as the revised plan would.

PHEW!! had a panic attack when I first started to read this!!!

I find the Alpen bars my saviour!! I always have too much cereal as 28 grams just isnt enough!! I always want another slice of toast!!! so 2 Alpen bars at my desk with some fruit for breakfast is just perfect!!

misss xxxx

I moaned about the fact that corned beef was no longer free, and that tins of meatballs had gone up from 1 or 2 syns to 13 or 14 syns per can.
He reckoned that as these things had worked for me before, they will work again, maybe just not as well as the revised plan would.

Yep he's right, it says in the FAQs on the SW website that if you were losing weight eating something that now has a small syn value then you can carry on counting it as free.

Back