Alpen Lights.....Yuck!!!

LessofLou

Am I the only person who doesnt like Alpen Lights????

I have been ultra good all week and went shopping today and got myself some Alpen lights (2 for £3 in Asda)

I waited until Downton Abbey was on to have a nice cuppa with them but thought they were yuck!!

I had the double choc ones but I thought they were just oversweet and fake chocolate tasting ...yuck yuck yuck!!!

What were the cereal bars (not hifi) that had chocolate on one half, I thought they were Alpen Lights but these ones had just the slightest drizzle on the top.

What a waste of my HEx B!!!! :mad:

LessofLou said:
Am I the only person who doesnt like Alpen Lights????

I have been ultra good all week and went shopping today and got myself some Alpen lights (2 for £3 in Asda)

I waited until Downton Abbey was on to have a nice cuppa with them but thought they were yuck!!

I had the double choc ones but I thought they were just oversweet and fake chocolate tasting ...yuck yuck yuck!!!

What were the cereal bars (not hifi) that had chocolate on one half, I thought they were Alpen Lights but these ones had just the slightest drizzle on the top.

What a waste of my HEx B!!!! :mad:

Are you thinking of the Kellogs Fibre Plus bars? They're choc on the bottom half, and they are really nommy :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

hahaha - I know what you mean!!

Actually although I always go for chocolate flavoured anything - the fruit flavours of these are the best - particularly the summer fruits and apple & sultana.

Although I LOVE Hi Fi's the best :) x

CurvyKaren said:
hahaha - I know what you mean!!

Actually although I always go for chocolate flavoured anything - the fruit flavours of these are the best - particularly the summer fruits and apple & sultana.

Although I LOVE Hi Fi's the best :) x

I agree the fruit ones are best. The choc/orange ones smell like a pet shop to me! Puts me off though it tastes ok.
I dont have them at all now far too expensive.

I dont buy them anymore cos they work out so expensive for what they are and how long they last (not very with having two a time!). I get the weetabix ones now. They are a heb for one and are always in the cheap shops for a quid a box.

I agree with you about the chocolate ones, if i do buy them I tend to get the fruit flavours now instead. Psychologically i used to think Alpen lights were better as you can have 2 as a HEXb however I much prefer the fibre plus bars, they are yummy.

I'm not a great fan of the fudge one- but the double choc i quite liked- as with the choc orange

but- i probably will get bored of them and go back to hifi bars- no way i would get alpen light bars when they aren't on offer!

I actually really like Alpen Light bars - thanks for letting me know they are on offer in Asda :D

Another vote for the fruity ones. I often just have 1 Alpen Light & 3 Ryvita Crackerbreads as a HEB.

The Fibre Plus & Hifi bars are more satisfying though.

You can buy a huge box of Alpen Lights in Farmfoods for £5, I think you get 24.

I dont buy them anymore cos they work out so expensive for what they are and how long they last (not very with having two a time!). I get the weetabix ones now. They are a heb for one and are always in the cheap shops for a quid a box.

Silly question do they taste like weetabix cause I hate weetabix with a passion even the smell of them makes me wanna throw up(mums fault was force fed them a a child lol) I have also seen them in the shops cheap

teen said:
Silly question do they taste like weetabix cause I hate weetabix with a passion even the smell of them makes me wanna throw up(mums fault was force fed them a a child lol) I have also seen them in the shops cheap

Nah they're just Weetabix branded. They're Oat (they're call Weetabix Oatys) x

i might move to weetabix too, i don't mind alpen light bars but i only like one flavour (choc and fudge) and theyre not great but okay, but v expensive and 2 at a time as someone previously posted = a lot of money espesh for me as im a student. I think im gonna try a weetabix oaty too!

I've got to agree - I find Alpen Lights really sickly sweet and artificial tasting (and I have a pretty sweet tooth!)

i lurve alpen lights!!... i have them as a treat in the evening two at a time feels very indulgent!.. that said i do only like the choc and fudge one .. didnt like the double choc one at all found it very dry and i wasnt keen on the choc and orange on either..

I only really like the apple and sultana ones too, but even then I very rarely buy them as there isn't much to them for the price and although you can have 2, they don't seem to fill me up.

I love Alpen lights!! My favourite is the chocolate fudge flavour and I love that I can have 2 as an HEB. I'm so shocked at how unpopular they seem to be here lol. I usually have it mixed into 2% Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey yum, I don't really care for the fruit ones though. I tried the weetabix oaty bars and they're delicious but are the same weight as alpen lights and you only get one, so boo for that! Fibre plus bars are super though, the best in terms of quality and flavour! I love the dark chocolate one. I generally buy a mix of Fibre plus and Alpen lights!

Hi All

Can i just check is it 1 fibre pls bar for a HEXB??

im doing the plan from home as im a bit skint till the end of the month so need to beg steal and borrow advice!!

Thanks

Steph
x

Back