Already doubting myself

I'm just finishing day 3, and im already seriously doubting i'll even be able to finish week one. I dont know how all you guys are doing this! I'm dreaming of solid food and all the old goodies im used to.
On Saturday i have to attend an engagement party, with buffet spread and free bar... this is just so hard!
I know i need to loose weight, and in perspective, this will only be a few months out of my life but its so much harder than i thought it would be. I think i've grown so dependent on food to cope over the years, now i jut dont know what to do with myself.
I would be so dissapointed in myself if i dont see this through. But i just feel so sick, tired and damn hungry! :cry:

Hi hun

Stay with it if you can you have come so far. You have done better than me I couldn't do day one but I keep trying. They say the first 3/4 days are the worst until you go into ketosis and then the hunger should lessen.

xx

Im doubting myself and i havent even started ha! i suppose u just have to look at the final picture, imagine how great ull feel when u have lost the weight x

Hi hun

Stay with it if you can you have come so far. You have done better than me I couldn't do day one but I keep trying. They say the first 3/4 days are the worst until you go into ketosis and then the hunger should lessen.

xx

You've already lost so much so you must be doing something right! I heard that the worst days are 4-6, which is probably why im so worried, as i dont know if i can deal with this if it gets worse!

As soon as you finish the first week, it gets so much easier, I promise you. I've been on for 17 weeks now, and I still am tempted by food and stuff, it's normal, we're human.

This diet is just so effective you really should stick at it. You can do it :) *hug*

Thanks guys. I think im going to go to bed (even though i've slept most of the day!) and just hope i feel a bit more positive tomorrow.
xxx

Aww honey please dont give up on this! I've just had my second weigh in today and was amazed at how much ive lost in 2 weeks! You just have to do it! I know its hard..i'm a rejoiner..ive done the diet several times before and now i'm back for the final hurdle! You can definately do it...you've managed a few days already and i promise it will only get easier! Just keep thinking about your first weigh in..only a few days off and when you see the amount you drop you wont care about eating youll be thinking bring on the shakes lol xxx

Stick with it or you will never know the fantastic losses you could achieve. Give it at least one week and on your first weigh in you will be so happy that you didnt cave in.
Early nights are definitely in order for the first week and if you are feeling really hungry, try splitting your shakes into 2 drinks and have 6 smaller drinks rather than 3 bigger ones, this should help curb the hunger.
Good luck hun, you can do it.

Morning Laura, hope your feeling more positive today.Have you looked through the slide show?(2nd row down on the blue bit), this gives you a boost seeing people and there achievments.
Im on week 3 now luckily week 1 was ok for me my wobble came last week and did everything to convince myself that i should quit...luckily i didn't and when i weighed i lost 5 lb (13 lb in 2 weeks). The party will be tough but just think when your getting ready that next time you'll be slipping into smaller clothes..feeling great!!, i've managed a kids party, family buffet its tough but feeling good now!!.keep strong xx:)

Hi Laura, if you can get through this tough first week it gets a hell of a lot easier, really! I've got my week 12 weigh in tomorrow and can't believe I've been on it so long. I was like you and didn't think I'd get through the first day let alone the next 12 weeks.

It really is worth sticking to as you can see from everybody's losses. I thought the same as you, it's only a few months out of your life without food to retrain your brain about bad habits too and just remember, everything you want will still be there at the end of the diet, only in moderation!

Good luck, stick with it and you will love your first weigh in!

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm going to give it another go today, and hopefully i'll be able to be strong on Saturday.

Kered- I was told i wasnt allowed to split my shakes as it would interfere with ketosis?

Yumyum- i'll have a look for the slide show now, i dont think ive seen it before!

Mini B - oh my 12 weeks?! well done!

On a more gross note, i managed to have a look at my pee this morning, and for the first time it had little white dots in it. I'm hoping this means im in ketosis now, and the tiredness and headaches will be over!

Promise you it WILL get better...I came to within a inch of quitting in my 2nd week, I wanted to eat SO bad. But I kept coming onto this site and it gave me the strength and encouragement to go on....3 and a half weeks later and it's a breeze....yes...really!!!!

Kered- I was told i wasnt allowed to split my shakes as it would interfere with ketosis?

Its one of the first things my Pharmacist told me to do in the first week or so, and it didnt have any affect on my weight loss. Its stops you having to wait so long in between shakes, thus avoiding the hungry feelings. As long as you drink the whole 3 shakes in the day then you will be okay.

it will get so much easier! hang in there, dont think about food, just think about how great you are going to look at the end of it!

Keep going, its worth it. Maybe hard but what results!

Back