Alternative to alpen light bars

mrsnom

Hi, does anyone know of an alternative I can have instead of alpen light bars? I like to have one at breakfast time and one later in the day, when I am at work and in a rush. Sometimes I will have another as well as a Syn (think I am a bit addicted) but they are never on offer and I get through so many in a week. Thanks

Hi there Mrsnom,

I know the Aldi (under 70 cals) bars are 2 for a HEB - these are about £1.20 a pack.

I tend to use my heb on Nutrigrain biscuits (2 for a hex) or wholemeal bread.
Also if you look there is a thread on healthy extras - loads of ideas on there.

As the PP has said, you can have 2 Aldi Harvest Moon 70 cal bars or 2 Nutrigrain breakfast biscuits as a HEB. The only other bars you can have 2 of are Hi-Fi light bars. You can have other cereal bars - e.g., Weetabix Oaty bars, Special K Chewy bars and I think some of The Food Doctor Wholesome Bars count as a HE too. BUT you can only have one of these as a HEB.

Hi there Mrsnom,

I know the Aldi (under 70 cals) bars are 2 for a HEB - these are about £1.20 a pack.

I tend to use my heb on Nutrigrain biscuits (2 for a hex) or wholemeal bread.
Also if you look there is a thread on healthy extras - loads of ideas on there.

I know what i'm buying in future instead then haha

That's a bargain.

They had the regular Alpen bars for 25p each in B&M last week - I really like the chocolate and nut one - 1 = HEB

They aren't as far as I know just the Alpen lights.

If they are I haven't seen anything and my consultant hasn't mentioned anything

They always used to be a HEB, have they been taken off the list?? Gutted :(

Really? I've dabbled with SW for many years, and have never known the regular ones to be a heb, only the alpen lites

Am sure they used to be, am going to have a hunt through the old books - or maybe I dreamt it! I've used them and they've never affected my weight loss, but maybe I've just been lucky!!

Am sure they used to be, am going to have a hunt through the old books - or maybe I dreamt it! I've used them and they've never affected my weight loss, but maybe I've just been lucky!!

To be honest, even if you've been using one instead of 2 lites, it's still less calories, the main issue will be the extra sugar, and less fibre!

I'd love it if the regulars were a HEB as the flavours all look a lot nicer.

The aldi harvest 70 cal bars are lovely, smaller then alpen lights but I think they're nicer to be honest.

I'd love it if the regulars were a HEB as the flavours all look a lot nicer.

The aldi harvest 70 cal bars are lovely, smaller then alpen lights but I think they're nicer to be honest.

I agree - the Aldi bars are YUM! I love the chocolate and orange ones. And at £1.30 (I think?) for a box of 6, they are cheaper than Alpen Lights too. Although they look smaller, each bar is 21g so 2g bigger than Alpen Lights. They also have 6g of fibre per bar (as opposed to 4g per AL) so I do think the're more filling too.

I agree - the Aldi bars are YUM! I love the chocolate and orange ones. And at £1.30 (I think?) for a box of 6, they are cheaper than Alpen Lights too. Although they look smaller, each bar is 21g so 2g bigger than Alpen Lights. They also have 6g of fibre per bar (as opposed to 4g per AL) so I do think the're more filling too.

That makes sense, they're smaller but packed full of stuff where as I always find alpen lights a little airy if you know what I mean.

I thought the chocolate orange would be my favourite and I really like them, but the apple and sultana ones are gorgeous! Lucky for me actually as my aldi appear to have stopped stocking the chocolate ones :(

That makes sense, they're smaller but packed full of stuff where as I always find alpen lights a little airy if you know what I mean.

I thought the chocolate orange would be my favourite and I really like them, but the apple and sultana ones are gorgeous! Lucky for me actually as my aldi appear to have stopped stocking the chocolate ones :(

I've not tried the apple ones - might give them a go next time I'm there. They don't always have the chocolate ones at my Aldi either. So I tend to buy up their entire stock of them on the rare ocassions they have any in! :eek:

I'm going to have to try the aldi ones. I've always looked at them when I'm shopping but never bought them

Back