Alternative to crisps?

porkypaul

Hi all,

Sorry if this question's been asked before but I was wondering if there are any low sins alternatives to crisps/snacks?

I thought Walkers French Fries would be low but they are 4 sins and Snack a Jacks are as bad aren't they?

morrisons do an eat smart snack selection....like a multipack of 6 crisps for £1.19 i think it is.
you get 2 x bacon flavour thingys,2 x pickled onion rings and 2 x salt and vinegar sticks.
i find they hit the spot when i feel like a crispy nibble and they are very low synned at 1.5syn for onion,2 syns bacon and 2.5 syns salt and vin.
obviously smaller bags but more than enough to hit the spot i find.

You can make your own crisps
Thinly slice a potato with a mandolin if you have one - then spray a plate with frylite lay the slices on in a single layer then spray these with frylite sprinkle on a bit of salt then cook in the microwave for about 6 mins til brown they go more crispy when cooled
They would be syn free though technically a tweak : )

I have two plans of action for this. First one is either Ryvita bites or Walker Lights. Yes they are 5.5 syns but acceptable in a total of 15.

My other alternative is Ryvita in its various forms. This helps with the "crisp or crunch" texture. Not ideal, but a good alternative for when I just fancy something crispy lol.

Them Morrison's Eat Smarts seem a very good idea too!

I have found these tips really useful. I LOVE crisps, especially when I'm having a small glass of wine, but I've practically given crisps up because of the syn value. I will definately try the Morrison's ones though!
Thanks & good luck everyone.xx :))

Back