Always losing my motivation when hitting the last plateau

judywoody

Well, this is about my last 1.5 stone - I recently had to start losing weight again because I gained 2.5 stone (so I am 13.5 stone now). At the moment I am highly motivated to stick to my food plan again. I never feel hungry on Slimming World and it is just great. But I know that once I hit the 11 stone mark (that's when it starts getting difficult to lose more weight for me and I usually hit a plateau) I will lose my motivation and I can't stick to my new habits anymore. It is as if my body wanted me to start eating unhealthily again. I really start craving again. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? And how do you beat it?

Hi Judywoody, with all the diet plans I have tried in the past I hit a plateau and it was always after losing 1.5 stones. As you can see from my ticker I am at my plateau and I have been for TWO MONTHS. I have now changed from Diet Chef to Healthy Eating and exercise which will hopefully kickstart me into losing weight again.

All I can advise is write down everything you eat and all the exercise you do. Maybe you haven't realised that you actually are eating something you shouldn't or maybe you haven't been doing enough exercise.

I found that my problem was definitely not enough exercise.

Once you hit that plateau don't give in. I held on for two long months sticking by the book before I decided to change my course of action but I never once gave into temptation if I can do it, so can you!! :D xx

Back