Am BACK, but have Questions xx

Hi

Did post this earlier on your other thread. I contacted our Medical Department today and this was the response:

Totally contraindicated in first three months post delivery, and while breast feeding.
Ketones will be present in the milk, and not sure of effect on baby.

Hi

Did post this earlier on your other thread. I contacted our Medical Department today and this was the response:

Totally contraindicated in first three months post delivery, and while breast feeding.
Ketones will be present in the milk, and not sure of effect on baby.

Thank you Linda. Will what I posted prior be ok?

Just thought I'd say I did the 1000 Plan for a while which is 2 packs a day then controlled portions of meat/fish/greens etc also small portion of carbs - ie rice/couscous/new pots and also fruit..... was loads of food and really healthy too.... might be worth a shot as what you mention still sounds v low calories..... fruit included nanas so you could still have that????

Well............ and never let it be said I never listen, I have decided the following.

Going to have a shake for breakfast, fruit for lunch and low fat for tea.

In frank honesty, I was a bit taken aback at the replies, it is nice so many did 'lecture', guess I did need it, however by the time i'd spoken to hubby (who was against me ss'ing!) I hadnt had any lunch, just plenty of fluids.

I have had a green & white tea (grilled white fish and small bowl of green salad) followed by banana and a low fat yogurt (for the calcium mentioned)

Going to carry on and see how it goes, and as someone said, do it in reverse and then go back to pure SS in a month or two's time when Marley starts her solids or weans off the breastmilk.

I assume the above is ok? To be fair the shake will help me get some essential nutrients probably lacking now.

I do appreciate the time you each took to, in fairness, make me see sense. Guess I am in panic mode, thought the BF would ping me back to pre-pregnancy in a few days after birth!! That would be a no then! However my goal is to loose weight prior to my Nov '08 trip to the States. Refuse to spend that much again and have the holiday ruined for fear of not fitting in seats and depriving myself.

xxx

Well bloody done for taking such a positive approach! Best for you and Marley xxxxxxxxx

I'm so so so pleased, truly I am! You've definitely made the right choice!

All CD weightloss programmes are contraindicated for three months after birth and whilst breastfeeding.

You can use for nutrition but under doctors supervision this is allowing 7 packs per week and GP signing your MRF agreeing to this.

Personally I would just stick to good healthy low GI food to give you optimum nutrition so both you and baby stay well.

As soon as you wean the baby you can resume dieting.

Don't rush it though, I breastfed for 11 1/2 months and was the best thing I did other than give birth in the first place of course.

I am so pleased you have decided to stop SS.

Linda

A fab decision, well done and good luck!!

Good luck!:)

Well............ and never let it be said I never listen, I have decided the following.

Going to have a shake for breakfast, fruit for lunch and low fat for tea.

In frank honesty, I was a bit taken aback at the replies, it is nice so many did 'lecture', guess I did need it, however by the time i'd spoken to hubby (who was against me ss'ing!) I hadnt had any lunch, just plenty of fluids.

I have had a green & white tea (grilled white fish and small bowl of green salad) followed by banana and a low fat yogurt (for the calcium mentioned)

Going to carry on and see how it goes, and as someone said, do it in reverse and then go back to pure SS in a month or two's time when Marley starts her solids or weans off the breastmilk.

I assume the above is ok? To be fair the shake will help me get some essential nutrients probably lacking now.

I do appreciate the time you each took to, in fairness, make me see sense. Guess I am in panic mode, thought the BF would ping me back to pre-pregnancy in a few days after birth!! That would be a no then! However my goal is to loose weight prior to my Nov '08 trip to the States. Refuse to spend that much again and have the holiday ruined for fear of not fitting in seats and depriving myself.

xxx

Well done - and it takes a lot of guts to admit you are changing your mind .... much kudos to you! :worthy: I'm relieved that you are not going to SS and hope you gradually lose weight naturally through breast feeding and baby Marley puts on the pounds you lose!!!

Back