Am convinced by water!

if you dont like water on its own you could try added some fresh lemon juice to it also helps you to loose weight somehow.

Glad to see your on board :) I've got a friend who I have been trying to convince for years but she says she doesn't like the taste of water so drinks flavpured, dizzy stuff, maybe you should try and convince her for me. Haha.

Must admit I didn't like the taste of water, don't know why its water! But decided I had to drink it so got used to it. Its like drinking tea without sugar, you get used to it.

To have ankles and feet there normal size is wonderful, they used to be really painful. Would recommend to anyone to drink more water.

suespain said:
Must admit I didn't like the taste of water, don't know why its water! But decided I had to drink it so got used to it. Its like drinking tea without sugar, you get used to it.

To have ankles and feet there normal size is wonderful, they used to be really painful. Would recommend to anyone to drink more water.

I keep telling her this but I think she thinks I'm talking rubbish. Haha. She moans about complexion - drink more water, struggling to lose weight - drink more water, feeling crappy for now apparent reason - drink more water. Lol.

sue thats fantastic about your swollen feet.. didnt realise how much of an affect water would have.. but so happy that you dont have horrible swollen feet and ankles now x

I've really tried to drink loads of water the last few days; my stomach feels so swollen with all that water. Does anyone else notice their stomach gets swollen when drinking lots of water?? Thanks

aliscrapper said:
I've really tried to drink loads of water the last few days; my stomach feels so swollen with all that water. Does anyone else notice their stomach gets swollen when drinking lots of water?? Thanks

I only notice that if I drink loads of water all at once. Are you drinking it slowly throughout the day?

I find when I drink lots of water (apart from going to the lol more, lol) I actually then crave more water, its a very strange feeling.

I only notice that if I drink loads of water all at once. Are you drinking it slowly throughout the day?

I find when I drink lots of water (apart from going to the lol more, lol) I actually then crave more water, its a very strange feeling.

I think I did drink too much water in too short a time; rather than spreading it out over the day - thanks.

Yesterday was my first day of really trying hard on the drinking water front and I did notice that the more water I drank the more I wanted!:confused:

I have a, completley unscientific theory, that as most hunger is actually dehydration that by drinking water you are teaching your body the difference between dehydration and hunger so it knows what to give you cravings for. as I say completely unscientific.

I have a, completley unscientific theory, that as most hunger is actually dehydration that by drinking water you are teaching your body the difference between dehydration and hunger so it knows what to give you cravings for. as I say completely unscientific.

I would completely agree with you. I saw an aromatherapist who said that often when you thought you were hungry; you were actually thirsty!

aliscrapper said:
I would completely agree with you. I saw an aromatherapist who said that often when you thought you were hungry; you were actually thirsty!

Yeah, people have said that to me before. I think though by then drinking more water you very quickly reteach your body the difference which is why I'm not ad hungry anymore but always want water. It's weird coz I don't feel particulatly thirsty I know that its specifically water I want. Aren't out bodies amazing things?

Yeah, people have said that to me before. I think though by then drinking more water you very quickly reteach your body the difference which is why I'm not ad hungry anymore but always want water. It's weird coz I don't feel particulatly thirsty I know that its specifically water I want. Aren't out bodies amazing things?

They certainly are! I've always drunk a lot of fluids before (mostly Pepsi Max and coffee); so would have never said I was dehydrated; but yesterday I felt so much better for drinking the water. I think my body is gradually learning the difference between thirsty and hungry; as I definitely eat less yesterday!:D

Must admit, no cant say I have. Just got a glass of cold water with ice in it in front of me now!

More interesting facts about water.........
I always thought that starting exercise would mean a sts or gain on the scales BUT my consultant tonight said that if you exercise too much/too fast and you get very painful muscles? Apparently this is them retaining water so if you're in pain the next day its because you haven't drunk enough water, this could also then in turn become a gain on the scales (due to water retention).
Crazy huh?

Yosp20 said:
I advised my sister to drink more water for health reasons about three months ago and she did this by swapping from diet fizzy drinks to flavoured fizzy water - and has lost about a stone since doing so, with no other alteration to her usual diet.

Wow really?.. That's amazing...

Back