am i alone? 6 stone to go

Ahh thankyou srawberry, I've been to the docters today and been diagnosed with body dismorphia disorder so I've been put on fluoxetine and referred to cognative behaviour therapy . I got to work and had a missed call from the doctors , when I rang back they'be gave me wrong tablets as I can't take fluoxetine as side effects are heart palpitations and sickness and I have irregular heartbeat so would interfere with that. So I've got to call later and pick some sertaline up.(think that's what she said)

Anyway back to your comment about me been fit I burst out laughing lol, I'm no way fit I puff pant and curse when TRYING to exercise. I started the 30day challenge last night and that made me realise just how upfit I am I was red, hot, bothered, crying at how discusted I am etc etc.
But I'm going to keep going and remember this when I'm thin :)

It's not silly that you need a reason, if my bf wasn't going with me I wouldn't go, he literally drags me there!!

We had the kebab meat last night yum yum, went a bit dry though so maybe I cooked it too long or too high, I have a tendency when hungry to bang everything on full popped.

I'm doing fish, veg and parsley sauce for tea, am hungry just writhing this lol.

Hi Amy, lovely to see new joiners. It's daunting isn't it thinking wow 6 stone, it scared me to start with but I'm breaking it into half stones awards :)
How are you doing? Finding it easy?

Hi Michrm, well done on your determination, send some my way plz :p

Ahh thankyou srawberry, I've been to the docters today and been diagnosed with body dismorphia disorder so I've been put on fluoxetine and referred to cognative behaviour therapy . I got to work and had a missed call from the doctors , when I rang back they'be gave me wrong tablets as I can't take fluoxetine as side effects are heart palpitation

Oh i hope the tablets are helping you feel happier in yourself soon :-*

We had the kebab meat last night yum yum, went a bit dry

I thought that as well, but i had it with plenty of that coleslaw and that made it a bit juicier...i'll be reducing the cooking time slightly the next time round...was still yummy though :-D

Hi mission thinpossible, and everyone else! I have read through your weight loss diary and just wanted to say you are very much NOT alone! I joined a slimming world group 2 weeks ago, weighing (GULP) 16st 8lbs. I lost 5 in my first week and 3½ this week, so I'm in the next stone bracket now which feels good. It does sometimes feel like I'm never going to get where I want to be, but at the moment I'm doing really well and not feeling like "cheating" at all (I know that time will come, but its not yet!).

My lowest weight as an adult was 10st 3, after losing 3st 2lbs with WW; that was about 15 years ago and since then it has all crept back on plus an extra 3 stone!!! Getting married and having my wonderful little girl all added to it but, at the end of the day, I only have myself and my huge love of food to blame for getting to this weight. I am determined to get it back off again, but I've said that so many times in the past then given up whenever it got too difficult, so who knows! Right now, I'm feeling positive but going to take it one day at a time. For me, special occasions where eating out is involved are my downfall as they tend to send me into a spiral - I can't seem to just eat one off-plan meal then get back on it, I tend to let it go on and on and on and on ...... you get the gist! Going out this Sunday evening (50 shades with the girls and food after). I will try to be as "good" as possible but I think we're going to Pizza Express (would prefer Nando's!) and its the night before I weigh in so I'm worried that, even if I'm fantastic all week, the meal will still be sitting heavy come scales-time. We shall see!

Anyway, I've rambled, really only wanted to say hi and well done so far, and hope you don't mind me butting in!!! xx

Hi *ron* i think i'm speaking for mission that you are most definitely not butting in...started to look like an exclusive club between mission and i, lol...the more the merrier...we are all in the same boat that's sitting a bit deeper in the water than it should be, lol

I just came on because i am having a really SH1T day at work and feeling like i need my usual fix of naughty food, that i would usually reach for...need a bit of a heads up if any of you are online...having a mug shot now and hope this will "cheer" me up a bit!!!!

Hi mission thinpossible, you're not alone! I started SW again on 5th Jan with just under 6 stone to lose to get to my target of 10 stone. 1 stone gone so far, 5 to go!

hi everyone :wavey:
had a rubbish day personal wise but stuck to plan when i would normally binge and eat my feelings. so theres a possitive.
i went to collect my new prescription only to be told i would need to see a gp/nurse to make sure they are suitable, cue me sat waiting 1hr5mins for a "gap", so im on citalopram instead, hopefully they'll kick in quick and i'll be my usual happy self.

hi ron im exactly the same i think if i've had 1 meal off plan i'll have the whole day off, thats when i eat as much rubbish and syns as possible because thaat day "disappears".
well done on your good weigh ins your doing brill. glad you still have full motivation thats what will keep you going, as for the 50shades film i'm more excited than my kids at chirstmas, i wanted to see it with my bf but hes said he'd rather just enjoy the ideas i pick up (sorry for any tmi).

hi strawberry, sorry i wasnt around when you needed extra support, how did you do did you choose wisely or use flexi syns?

hi flash harry, wow 1stone already go you, thats great so quick!!

im just waiting for my fish to cook, we got in i sorted kids out then i realised 10mins before his lesson my lil man was supposed to be in his lesson so drove like batman and made it in time, so eating later than normal and im STARVING!!!

Driving like batman, lol...that made me giggle!!!

No i stuck with (in the end) 2 mugshots and by the time i finished them i was alone in the office and much calmer...don't know what it was...just felt really low all of a sudden!!! I record my weight on a chart so i had a look at that and that kind of gave me the kick up the a*** i needed!!! Feeling quite proud of myself that i got through the low without using junk...can't really say without reaching for food because i still did that, just a better choice of food!

How are you feeling now mission? Full and calm i hope!

Last edited:
Morning mission, strawberry, ron :)

you all sound like you're doing so well! My willpower is good at the moment but I know I'll have a down at some point. I have a 2 day conference this Thursday/Friday which is fully catered, and another one Monday/Tuesday. Hope my willpower holds, I'm trying super hard to lose another stone before Easter but to do it I have to maintain a loss of 2lbs a week.

I just wanted to say well done strawberry and mission as you both seem to have stayed strong in the face of adversity yesterday :)

Thank you flashharry....i'm sure you will be fine...will it be a buffet or just sandwiches...buffet i always think is quite easily managed as there is usually salad and some sort of meat, i.e. chicken legs!

An actual meal out is an absolute disaster for me...sounds really sad but i just turn into a complete and utter pig and all the good intensions go out the window as soon as i see the menu...i know i should look at the menu on the internet and i do but still it ends with a very guilty me!!!! So best to avoid it!!!

I'm finding it okay I have my mum doing it with me so we kind of keep eachother going. But I don't feel like I'm losing anything. When obviously I am and people are saying that they can see the difference. Maybe I should cover my mirror in my room so I don't see myself everyday? Maybe then I will start to be able to see the subtle changes everyone else is picking up on. The only thing I've noticed is a bit of bagginess in the bum of my jeans.

As I'm still eating all the foods I enjoy, I don't really feel any difficulties/differences but when I'm off work, like today I just want to go downstairs and eat everything in sight out of boredom. So I am trying hard not to do that today.

I had a bad week on my second week, I couldn't stop craving chocolate so gave in a few times and syned a little too much. Week 4 and it's getting easier, just getting tired of the same meals every week, I'm a fussy eater.

I have my weigh in at group tomorrow so I will see if i've lost my first stone.

amyBTRC good luck tomorrow! I eat a lot of the same foods and get bored too so from past experience these days I try to mix it up a little and do one new recipe a week.

strawberry, I have no idea what the food is going to look like but it will probably be buffet lunch which should be ok. I'll have an emergency banana or 2 at the ready lol. Dinners I'm sure I can cope with if I don't drink, and I rarely drink at work things anyway.

I eat out at least once a week, often twice, so I have to try and make that part of my SW plan. I'm used to having to make sensible choices in the Indian/Chinese and asking the pub to swap chips for new potatoes for me :) I struggle sometimes but at the end of the day I'd rather do that and fit my social life into my healthy eating rather than either a) not healthy eating and STS or gaining, or b) missing out on our social life. And I always feel good afterwards that I've stuck to plan :)

I'm losing 2lbs a week average which is slower than some and probably would be more if I wasn't eating out so much, but I will still get there in the end :)

Hello again everyone!!

Strawberry, thanks for the welcome! What you said about the boat being in too deep made me giggle!

Mission - my hubby wanted to come and see the film with me, I think he's a bit gutted that I'm going with the girls instead!! I think I'm gonna be disappointed with their choice of actors (just not how I imagine either of them to look) but sure I'll get over that!! :flirt2: Still worrying about what to have when we go for food (Strawberry, I'm like you - I have really good intentions but it all goes to pot when everyone else is ordering the sort of food I want, then I can't ignore that little devil on my shoulder). Think I'll end up going for salad without dressing (BORING!) or maybe a light-ish pasta dish. Man, this dieting malarkey is HARD!!!!

Hope everyone is doing good! xx

hi :wavey:
well done strawberry on sticking to mug shots, i love the chicken one yummy, im missing them actually now you mention it with been mostly on sp.
thankyou for asking i think i feel a little better, have a bit more patience with myself which sounds daft but i tripped over my handbag handle the other day and i swore like someone had shot me!!!! i got my key stuck in door and burst into tears and then when putting our recycling out the bin tipped up and bottles fell out and you would think my world had ended, i swore, cursed and kicked the stupid thing:giveup:
so yeah compared to that im doing good lol.

thanks for the praise flashharry, sending lots of willpower over for you for your confrence's. i would crumble at the first sight of junk food laid on a tabkle infront of me!!! im the same as strawberry and would order the biggest fattest meal on the menu, i also turn into a pig :). thats a good idea to have a bannana on standby what about maybe a couple of hifis as well then at least your having a "treat"? you eat out a lot is that your personal social life or work related? i certainly couldn't cope so well done you on determination and confidence.
2lb a week is about 7 stone a year, think of it like that :) (hope thats right)

haha ron, if its that good you can go back and watch it with him hey? i had to laugh earlier theres a post on facebook saying b&q staff have been advised that sales of tiewraps and rope will increase this weekend :8855:. how bout a tomato based pasta that will be loads less syns than most other dishes and will feel like a bit of a treat as well.

hi amy, thats great you've got your mum for support and a sw buddy :)
i agree maybe covering your mirror will give you a bigger shock when you see yourself, i have an obsession looking in mirrors (not vain) but to see if i have fat showing, trying to hide myself and to check just me lol. i may join you in doing that and when we next look we'll be looking back at skinny minnys we are to be proud of what dya think?
im the same with if im at home, if i finish work early and get in before tea time i search the cupboards for snacks whereas if i was at work it wouldnt bother me. maybe its cause we're comfortable at home and feel like we can pig out.
mine and strawberrys weigh ins are tomorrow too so lets hope we all have some good news hey??
what sort of meals are you eating?

sorry if i missed any comments, tried to remember everything from over last 2 pages xx

Ron, I've just had a quick nosey for you and here's some ideas.. I've not double checked so if your not a member and need me to log in and do suns calculator let me no.
Italian section which has the staples such as Beef Lasagane 12.5 (G/EE) and Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni 10.5 (G/EE)

I'm totally up for covering my mirror the only issue is, is that it's attached to my wardrobe and full length. I would probably have to try and find a sheet :confused:

My meals are very repetitive as I'm limited to what I eat/like.

SW Spaghetti Bolognese, SW Spaghetti Carbonara (Ultimate favorite), Full English ( 2 x 1 syn sausages, beans, egg, bacon), SW Rogan Josh (I pick out the meat), Sometimes it's just plain pasta, SW Chips, Egg and Beans, SW egg fried Rice. I like the tomato pasta mug shots too, Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans. That's all I can think of.

I only like beef if its minced and with pasta, I hate chicken, lamb and pork if its not sausage or bacon, I don't eat any veggies apart from Potatoes and sweetcorn, the only salad I like is cucumber. I'm a little better with fruits; I will eat most of those. If I don't know what I want to eat I normally just have spaghetti hoops on toast :cry:it's starting to get boring.

Glad to hear that mission...i'm glad you shared your problems so we can help you through it!

Flashharry, I would love to have the self control and will power you have...any chance you could send some my way??

I just panic especially if i am soooo determined to shift this weight! If that means being boring and adjusting my social life to that of a hermit crab then so be it...at least i won't be a fat hermit crab, lol ;-)
I am not a control freak but i am petrified of not being in control (hope that makes sense)
I always had this problem when going somewhere where i can't see how stuff is cooked. We went to a wedding a couple if years ago and they had a carvery style buffet for their reception...i have always loved veg so piled my plate high with broccoli, carrots and beans. I purposely stayed away from the cauliflower cheese as i can't digest dairy fat (it makes me visit the toilet within minutes of having cheese, cream, butter, etc...sorry tmi :) )
Anyway...i had the food, it was lovely and then i spent 2 hours on the toilet because there was butter on the veg even though i asked before if there was any dairy!!!! I missed the first dance and the couple cutting the cake!
So i'm not very good in handing control over...you should see me on a plane, lol

strawberry I'm lactose intolerant, so I have the same issue. It's not pleasant but the lactose free diary means you can have a little extra in your HXA

Ahhh strawberry you really cheered me up with that last message lol
I could honestly have written it myself, I keep saying to my bf it's as though we're solo alike it's weird.
Oh my God how discusting is that the chef has a legal right surely incase of allergies it could kill you!!!!!!

I'm going to upload a few pics of some of my meals as I want to save them but trying to clear my phone lol.

My meals are very repetative as I'm limited to what I eat/like. SW Spaghetti Bolognese, SW Spaghetti Carbonara (Ultimate favorite), Full English ( 2 x 1 syn sausages, beans, egg, bacon), SW Rogan Josh (I pick out the meat), Sometimes it's just plain pasta, SW Chips, Egg and Beans, SW egg fried Rice. I like the tomato pasta mug shots too, Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans. That's all I can think of. I only like beef if its minced and with pasta, I hate chicken, lamb and pork if its not sausage or bacon, I don't eat any veggies apart from Potatoes and sweetcorn, the only salad I like is cucumber. I'm a little better with fruits; I will eat most of those. If I don't know what I want to eat I normally just have spaghetti hoops on toast :cry:it's starting to get boring.

Hi amy...we make a german dish...it's basically a bolognese but without the tomatoes...fry 2-3 onions and 500g of 5%mince add a pint of veg stock...simmer down then turn off the heat...add about half a tub of quark and stir into the sauce...serve with pasta of your choice...we have it with fussili or spaghetti and carrots or spinach!!

Back