am i alone? 6 stone to go

oh yeah sorry, you can do it with any meat though its like a sticky bbq sauce its good :)

Thanks guys :)

My social life is mainly personal, we're out once a fortnight with friends for curry midweek, and we're usually out at least one night over the weekend. I figure if I want to do that I have to make it fit with my healthy eating, I can't be falling off the wagon twice a week. It's the lesser of two evils really. 2 conferences so close together is unusual, it's usually one every couple of months, so I don't normally have that to deal with.

as for treat days....i don't think you have to, but I think you can if you want to, as long as you stay in control, save some syns for it, etc etc so you are having a treat day but still on plan. You could say I sort of do that all the time, I think of syns as a weekly allowance. On the nights I'm out I use more, on the other days I use less, and it balances out.

I still eat cheese, I find 30g grated mature cheddar goes a long way and I don't mind synning milk for tea & coffee as I don't drink much anyway. If I've still got my HEA at the end of the day 30g cheese and an apple is a yummy evening snack :)

I keep hearing great things about the fakeaways, I must give some of the recipes a try :)

theres only ever been 2 daft little quotes ive seen that have made me howl with laughter!!!!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 23
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 21
Good night...mission and i are weighing tomorrow as well...good luck...i need 2 pounds off for my stone...fingers crossed!!!

Good morning all

Weigh in day!!!! I stepped on the scales very apprehensively! AND...15st4lb...i lost 3 pounds!!!!

image-1254420617.jpg

image-3220893652.jpg

Woohoo well done! And you've done your first stone yay!:party0011:

I am sooo tired today, had an awful nights sleep and now I just want to eat biscuits. Resisting so far, normally I'd reach for an Alpen light but I forgot to bring any to work. Just eaten a banana and a mullerlight instead but they are so not hitting the spot lol

Thank you...i hope you'll be alright...just trying to think what you could have! Alpen bar would have been my suggestion as well...is there any way you can get to a shop?

Hi all, I weigh first thing on a Monday morning to record any (hopefully) losses. but I stand on the scales every morning to make sure things are going in the right direction.
As for syns, last week, I was so bad at the beginning of the week I decided to use my weekly total of syns up which left me with virtually no syns for a couple of days but I managed it and still lost 3 pounds. I'm sure it's not such a good idea all the time though as, if you use them all up early in the week and then need some later, willpower might not be strong enough to resist. mine wouldn't be anyway!

thanks strawberry, I'm sure I'll be fine, just keeping myself busy and avoiding! So far so good. I could pop out to the shops at lunchtime, I'll see how I get on. I've got nothing to hand that I could pig out on which is just as well :) I keep telling myself that I'm just craving comfort food because I feel so tired and jaded, but that if I give in I'll be feeling tired, jaded, cross with myself and guilty which will be worse haha

Pootle I always think of my syns as a weekly total rather than a daily one, I go out once or twice a week so it helps me manage that, it does sometimes leave me a bit short at the end of the week but I figure it's a worthy quid pro quo for going out :) I'm quite firm with myself on the weighing, I only weigh once a week, because I get such fluctuating results when I weigh daily; past experience has taught me that it just confuses and upsets me so I don't go there lol

Went to group, Lost 2lbs. Which is a little low. My mum lost 3. Had around 10-12 syns a day last week the week before I only had 6-8 and lost more so I might go down to that again and see if it makes any difference with my loss next week.

Afternoon all!

Also trying to remember all the posts over the last 2 pages!

Strawberry, well done on your loss, thats fab :party0011: - you need to update your stats on here! Hope all the other Wednesday weighers got on well. I weigh on a Monday so still a while for me yet. I kinda feel myself wishing the week away just so I can see how I'm doing!!! I do tend to get on the scales at home during the week but I'm trying to stop as I know its not good for me!

Mission, thank you so much for looking into the menu for me for my night out - I think I'll go for the spinach and ricotta canneloni. If I'm super duper good all day, hopefully it won't be too bad come Monday morning. :fingerscrossed: I read that about B&Q as well, made me chuckle! Apparently sales for cable ties, etc. went sky high when the books were popular!!

Don't know if any of you have tried it already, but I did the sticky chicken for dinner last night and it was SOOOO good! It smelt horrible when it was marinating but tasted lush, will definitely be doing that again. Served it with egg noodles and stir-fried veggies. My lunch today was crustless quiche, also now a firm favourite - its so cheesy!! Just thought I'd say that I think they're both worth trying if you haven't already. xxx

Went to group, Lost 2lbs. Which is a little low. My mum lost 3. Had around 10-12 syns a day last week the week before I only had 6-8 and lost more so I might go down to that again and see if it makes any difference with my loss next week.

Hi Amy..don't be disheartened, I always aim for a loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week. Any more than that is a bonus...a bonus that doesn't happen too often :sigh:
I think a loss of 2 pounds is great...2 pounds a week is 7st 6lb in a year :D

Thanks ron...just updated my stats....that looks a bit better!!!!!

And mission? How did you do? X

I made that german dish today, the one i told you about...had it with rice, simple green beans and carrots...was yummy...here a picture

image-1641090378.jpg

Last edited:
WOOHOO ANOTHER AWARD!!!! SLIMMER OF THE WEEK WITH 3 AND A HALF POUND, I HONESTLY WASNT EXPECTING IT AS I FEEL BLOATED AND LIKE I HAD GAINED, I EVEN HAD A FIVER BET ITH MY BF THAT I HADNT LOST, SO IVE GOTTA GIVE HIM A FIVER :(

WOOHOO STRAWBERRY WELL DONE YOU, YOUR DOING FAB CANT BELIEVE YOUR DETEERMINATION THIS WEEK. ITS PAID OFF.
WHATS YOUR CLUB 10 AWARD AT?

(OOPPSSS SORRY I GOT THAT EXCITED IVE TYPED IT ALL IN CAPS)

im going for 2 and a half this week for my stone award but think ive set myself up for a fail as im out tomorrow night, friday night, saturday night and next tuesday. i never ever go out and then 3 meals in one week.
need to get my bum and head in gear and then i can stick to plan all week including the dayss im out and just ignore the 3 evening meals when im out. valentines as well i sure aint missing out on chocs!!!!!

slightly off topic whats everyone doing/buying there partners/husbands/bf/gf????

Attachments

• IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0466.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 30
WELL DONE!!!! So proud of you mission!!! We'll be skinny in no time!!!! That's well worth a fiver, lol

My 10% is 23 pounds off, so that would be 14st10lb...another 8lb to go!

Regarding valentines...we only get each other a card, no presents...i sometimes get a surprise bunch of flowers but not every year, hence the surprise...and he gets me :p

Back