am i alone? 6 stone to go

Mission well done what a great loss! You can always flexisyn on your days out so you are still in control?

Amy don't be down hun 2lbs is a perfectly respectable loss :) I aim for 2lbs a week always :)

Valentines day I'm cooking for OH so can keep it SW friendly. We just do cards and he knows not to buy me chocs lol

I caved in on my sweet comfort food craving earlier and had a Cadbury's Wispa at 10.5 syns, but minimal other syns today so it's fine :)

Well done! I think our start weights and heights are pretty comparable, and today I also loss 3.5lbs and won Slimmer of the Week!

hi everyone :wavey:
im still over the moon with my award hehe (sorry to anyone if i sound bragging, i just honestly hand on heart thought i'd gained/maintained.)

ive had beans on toast with some cherry tomatoes and plenty of water, and a fruit salad for dinner so ive saved healthy a/b's and syns for tonight to try and limit the damage with my meal :)

thankyou all so much on your praise, i love this thread.

i normally cook my bf a meal but theres a brill offer on at a nearby resturante 4 courses for £30 for the pair of us including a bottle of wine, so im treating him to that instead of hassle of cooking.

dolly well done on your loss and sotw thats brill, we are very similar how wierd lol

strawberry, that german diash looks gorgeous i will be trying that this week, still need to meal plan for this week.....
hows your cough been? my bf;s STILL "ill" he's loads better just a bit bunged up and keeps saying do i look ill? ggrrr.
maybe all that movement in swimming baths helped you this week, im going to keep going cause maybe thats whats helping me lose as well. ive 12 and a half pound to get to my club 10 so quite a while yet. we certainlky willbe skinnies soon, we'll be the ones walking in bikinis in winter down out local/nearby beaches just so people can see our achievements....

I'll meet you at one of the beaches then, let me know where and when, lol!!!
Cough is almost gone, thanks and my nose isn't too bad! We are going swimming again this sunday but this time hubby will be going as well so i get to swim properly, really looking forward to it!!!! Not looking forward to the aching though, haven't swum a length in ages let alone 10 or 20, eek!!!
I'll be doing my shopping on friday or saturday...might have to look through minimins to find some new ideas, lol

ahh good glad its nearly gone, im hoping ive managed to bypass it hehe fingers crossed.

i was surprised i didnt ache at all, the first time i went after years of not swimming. you'll all get something out of it as well, hubby will hopefully get more confidence in the water, you exercise= weight loss and lil man gets to have fun playing.

i always try and meal plan on a wednesday night after fat club as its boosting my determination, i get in and when ive lost and im happy it makes me plan better meals as i want to stick to plan and achieve same as week before. god i went round houses to get that out lol,

its lil mans choice for tea today and hes chose kfc so i'll be having boneless banquet looking forward to it yum yum

Mmm...that does sound nice...haven't had a kfc in donkeys!!!! We should have spag bol tonight but i might let the boys have a mcd and i'll just have some pasta n sauce...don't feel like cooking as we won't get in until 7:30ish tonight!

thats willpower if you can sit and watch them i couldnt lol, my bf said earlier why dont we just have a drink and kids can have tea at kfc haha yeah right i'd be one sat in corner rocking slavering just from smell :drool:

Lol...nah, we'll go through the drive through and they have to eat at home! I've got an alpen bar at the ready for the drive home, lol

haaaa good thinking. are you working late? or just busy?

do you just eat the pasta and sauce on its own? ive never had them i thought they would be quite bland..

No, not work, my son does martial arts 3 times a week, mondays, thursdays and saturdays! Mondays i work long and my husband takes him and on thursdays i finish early and we take him together...there is lovely group of other mums and we have a great laugh so i don't mind sitting round for 1 1/2 hours doing "nothing"
The pasta n sauce i mix with spinach (i use the chicken and mushroom flavour) and have it with fried eggs...i think it's lovely my husband thinks it's not but he doesn't like spinach, lol

image-1773884672.jpg

I tried an omelette for the first time today, can't say it was great. Would eat it again if it was the only thing going :rolleyes:

Hoping to lose 3lbs this week, Been good so far syn wise; Weds - 6.5 today 7.5.

My club 10 award is coming soon apparently I need to lose 9 more lbs.

not alone i have 7.5 stone to lose, still getting to grips with eating so normally....half expected to be hungry and still find myself dreading the scales as I've eaten 'so much'

feel so good though not like on other plans i've followed in the past, just need to keep drinking plenty (never did this before) and start finding ways to keep active.

Good luck with your journey :)

Hi,
Just read through your diary and really enjoyed it. I also have more than six stone to lose, you are definitely not alone :) I tried slimming world a few years ago and am now planning to give it another go. I am building up to starting in the next few weeks which probably sounds silly because I know I could just start tomorrow, but makes sense to me in my little brain as I need to 'feel ready' lol.

Anyway well done so far, look forward to reading more :)

I am really panicky today...have been reading through some if the minimins threads and so many start with...
..."i previously lost 5 stone but have gained it all back and extra and am now at my heaviest!"
That's me...i've done that time and time again....what happens if i do that again??? I don't think i can take gaining again!!!! How do you stop yourself from getting "fat" again? I know i'm a 1000000% determined to shift this weight and i'm doing really well, but....this horrible voice in my head just tells me that i will be fat again!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH....HELP!!!!!!!!

I have been obsessing over these stories and making the mistake of googling 'failure rates' which does not fill me with confidence-I let it get to me so much that I royally fell off the wagon and was so close to giving up two weeks ago.

However I had a word with myself, reminded myself exactly why I was doing this and that it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I figured I will always have my ups and downs but as long as I pick myself up I'll never go back! Well that and I will keep heading to group where possible just to keep an eye-loosing weight is such hard work and I know the maintenance is the hardest part but there is no way I'm loosing all this to go back (however if in a couple years I am writing a similar thread about rejoining disregard this statement lol)

Like you I have that voice as I've come close to my goal weight when I was 18-not following anything but a crazy made up crash diet-no wonder it didn't work-but I hope this time for me and my family that this will be the last!

Sorry I'm not much help at all but I have been feeling exactly the same the last few weeks so wanted you to know you're not alone!

I've only gone and done it...i was perfectly on plan yesterday with all bran breakfast, left over spag bol for lunch and burger and chips for dinner...i even had the burger without the bun because i didn't want to waste the syns...i had 3 by then because of the mayo in the coleslaw...then it all went horribly wrong at about 9pm!!!! I had....

2 packets of crisps
1 aldi pretend snickers bar
8 little kinder chocolate bars
2 slices of bread with pate

What a list!!!!! I don't think the fact that it was wholemeal bread helps, does it?

Well anyway...back to plan today...please don't judge me!!!! I wouldn't be able to tell anyone if it wasn't for you on here!

I've only gone and done it...i was perfectly on plan yesterday with all bran breakfast, left over spag bol for lunch and burger and chips for dinner...i even had the burger without the bun because i didn't want to waste the syns...i had 3 by then because of the mayo in the coleslaw...then it all went horribly wrong at about 9pm!!!! I had....

2 packets of crisps
1 aldi pretend snickers bar
8 little kinder chocolate bars
2 slices of bread with pate

What a list!!!!! I don't think the fact that it was wholemeal bread helps, does it?

Well anyway...back to plan today...please don't judge me!!!! I wouldn't be able to tell anyone if it wasn't for you on here!

white bread syn wise is less syns than wholemeal when its not as a healthy extra.

I just attempted to make the sweet and sour sauce from the sweet and sour chicken recipe. It was vile, i don't know if it was because I literally just made the sauce and didn't add the chicken, onion or pineapple chunks or what but it wasn't even edible.

hi everyone,
im feeling really down and upset with myself today.
i feel like im the only person with such a lot of weight to lose and getting knowhere.
ive been a member on and off for over 9 years and still here with 6 stone to go.
please is there anyone else with a large amount of weight to lose??
it would be lovely to make a buddy along the way :)

I have 5 to go! in the same boat as you. got 10 1/2 off in my first two weeks and now im struggling to get the last 3 pounds, gaining a pound, then losing 2 1/2 then 1/2. I'm getting really fed up!!

Strawberry don't worry, one off plan day doesn't mean disaster. The fact you had been good the rest of the day will help limit the damage :) Don't stress about it, just put it behind you and carry on with the plan, you are doing great, we all have a blip now and then. I had 35 syns yesterday, mostly alcohol! Onwards and upwards to your next half stone award :)

Back