am i alone? 6 stone to go

Here it goes, weigh in day! 1lb off :scale:
Considering the lovely high calorie weekend I had:party0051: and *week I am more than pleased!
1st10lb gone forever so far!!!

Well done,that's really good.

yay well done!

I'm having a night off tonight. we have a cheese and wine tasting class that involves six varieties of each, we were given it for christmas. I don't think there's much point attempting to be good with that much cheese and wine on offer!

Weigh in day...1lb off!!!

Weight loss is a bit slow at the moment! I'm struggling to be 100% committed. Don't know where this comes from as up until 2 weeks ago I might have had a bit of a blip once a month but over the last couple of weeks it's been about 5 times including one yesterday!!! Chocolate and crisps and cake mostly as well as a couple of rounds of toast. I'm not usually bothered about bread!!! If it wouldn't have been for my dh I would have had chips and curry sauce from the chippy but he put his foot down! I'm quite greatful really but I was really p***ed off with him yesterday for denying me a junk food fix!

Well, trying very hard to get back on track! Romantic meal out on Saturday though! Plan is to be really good during the day, saving my hexb and hexa and then really savour the food in the evening! Then it's straight back on plan on Sunday!

I can do this, I know!!!!!!!! But I'm only human and struggling is fine, isn't it??? Will be reading some of the inspirational stories on minimins and hope this will give me a kick in the right direction!

Last edited:
God I could have written that myself strawberry. I've been so on it since January, and the last 2 weeks have been a massive struggle with multiple slip ups and I've got two STS's to show for it. The most annoying thing is I really wanted to get 2 stone off before good Friday, and if I had had a loss the last 2 weeks that was completely possible. Now it's unlikely (4lbs away). Kicking myself. Monday and Tuesday this week were a bit of a wash out but I've done Wednesday and today as success express to shake things up a bit, hopefully I'm now back on track!

Well done to your dh bless him lol!

You know you can do this, and so do I, because we've come so far already. But as you said, we're only human and it's ok to struggle. So shall we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and carry on being amazing? :D

I'm in if you are lol

God I could have written that myself strawberry. I've been so on it since January, and the last 2 weeks have been a massive struggle with multiple slip ups and I've got two STS's to show for it. The most annoying thing is I really wanted to get 2 stone off before good Friday, and if I had had a loss the last 2 weeks that was completely possible. Now it's unlikely (4lbs away). Kicking myself. Monday and Tuesday this week were a bit of a wash out but I've done Wednesday and today as success express to shake things up a bit, hopefully I'm now back on track! Well done to your dh bless him lol! You know you can do this, and so do I, because we've come so far already. But as you said, we're only human and it's ok to struggle. So shall we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and carry on being amazing? :D I'm in if you are lol

I'm in (just not tomorrow night ;-) )

Thank you xx

I've lost count of the many times I have had bad days since I started in January,I think it helps to keep staying on this website and reading the slimming world magazines,I think it helps if you remind yourself of what you have achieved and what you want to achieve. It's human to have slip ups and this is a life changing thing,the important thing isn't the falling off the bandwagon,it's that you get back on it if you do.

Thought i'd come on and commit officially to 100% sw no slips this week!!!!!
Had a lovely night out, went for an indian (although probably had less syns than usual because it was a new place and the dansak i had was surely meant to be a vindaloo!!! I am not good with spicy food so left most the sauce and just picked the meat out..my tongue is still on fire!)
Then we went to the theatre together with a pack of haribo for hubby and a treat bag of minstrels for me...needless to say i had the lot, lol!
Also i had a little ice cream tub thing, the one with the spoon in the lid...was lovely but big mistake as my tummy didn't like that amount of dairy fat at all and a lot of last night was spent on the toilet (sorry if tmi!)
Well, that's it...indulgent date night over back to normality...going shopping later to get the food for next week. I am planning to cook a batch of soup to freeze for work!
Feeling very motivated :-D :-D :-D

Thought i'd come on and commit officially to 100% sw no slips this week!!!!!
Had a lovely night out, went for an indian (although probably had less syns than usual because it was a new place and the dansak i had was surely meant to be a vindaloo!!! I am not good with spicy food so left most the sauce and just picked the meat out..my tongue is still on fire!)
Then we went to the theatre together with a pack of haribo for hubby and a treat bag of minstrels for me...needless to say i had the lot, lol!
Also i had a little ice cream tub thing, the one with the spoon in the lid...was lovely but big mistake as my tummy didn't like that amount of dairy fat at all and a lot of last night was spent on the toilet (sorry if tmi!)
Well, that's it...indulgent date night over back to normality...going shopping later to get the food for next week. I am planning to cook a batch of soup to freeze for work!
Feeling very motivated :-D :-D :-D

Lol well at least if it was going straight through you hopefully it took all it's fat content with it :D

It sounds like a lovely evening :)

How did you get on with your soup?

I've managed to pick myself up a bit this week, I've had a run of 6 good days with the only possibly dodgy one being Saturday when we went to friends for dinner and she had made veggie cannelloni which had nuts in and a very cheesy sauce! Served with garlic bread lol. I had a small portion and hopefully had enough syns saved to cover it, we'll see. There was also alcohol involved! Not much but at least in the pub you know it's 25ml of gin in your G&T, whereas it's difficult to tell with 'home measures'!

I was away Sunday night and not at home to weigh on my own scales on Monday morning, so I haven't bothered yet. I'm going to Torquay on Thursday afternoon for the Easter weekend so I thought I'd leave my weigh until Thursday morning before I go.

Oh good luck for thursday...sounds like you should have a good loss this week...i really want to lose 2lb but will probably be 1lb because of saturday...but it was worth it! Fingers crossed it's not a sts!
Soup was slightly delayed but i finally got my a*** into gear and made a batch tonight...butternut squash...never made it before and i didn't really like the recipe i had, so played around with it a bit ...think it turned out quite alright! Already had my dinner tonight so will try some tomorrow!!
Gonna let you know how it was!
Bet you're looking forward to your little break away...i would, lol

Thanks strawberry, I'm really hoping for 3lbs as that will get me to my Easter target which was to get down to 14st. It might be a big ask though,. to be honest I'll be happy with any loss after 2 STS's the previous weeks!

I love butternut squash, in soup or roasted. I had some roasted with my dinner last night. Hope you enjoy it :)

I can't wait to go away, I'm knackered lol. I've decided not to be too SW anal! I'll be sensible, but I'll weigh Thursday morning before I go and again on Tuesday morning when we're back and if I get a STS I'll be chuffed :)

2 lb off...super happy...another 1lb and i'll get the 2st sticker!!!! Roll on next week!!! As i only gave up coffee and fizzy drinks for lent i won't go mad over easter, also we haven't anything special planned so no reason to fall off the band wagon!!!

Yay well done!!! :party0011:

Hi everyone, I have been gone for a while, I started a SW insta-gram profile. and from it came a whatsapp group which has been awesome but also took me away from here as I was getting a lot of support and tips from the other places. Anyway just thought I'd pop in and say hello whilst I remember. Good to see you're all doing so well. I will get my bikini body if it kills me!!!

2lbs off woohoo :)

That means I'm back to 14st 1lb, and my original 5 stone weight loss that I got to in 2011-12. Every pound I lose now will be a pound lighter than I've been in the last 15 years :)

2lbs off woohoo :) That means I'm back to 14st 1lb, and my original 5 stone weight loss that I got to in 2011-12. Every pound I lose now will be a pound lighter than I've been in the last 15 years :)

Well done!!!! Soooo happy for you!!! You are ace!!!!!!

Aww thank you! :) :) :)

Thought i'd have to "confess" my syns, not that i actually got any idea as to how many i did eat...let's just say more than 15, waaayyyyy more than 15
But...i had a hugely enjoyable easter sunday with my son and husband, spending time at home and in the garden!
Back to 100% sw from tomorrow...only need another pound to get my 2st sticker...but, i know i might get a sts this week due to plenty of easter eggs, so i am prepared!

Hi I don't have as much to lose but I'm stuck at the moment I want to lose another 12 lbs I have lost nearly 4 stone but this last bit is hard 1 week I lose then following I gain it back this has been going on for about 4 weeks like a yoyo and I'm starting to struggle to keep motivation so if u want to buddies up or just support each other I'm here

Hi I don't have as much to lose but I'm stuck at the moment I want to lose another 12 lbs I have lost nearly 4 stone but this last bit is hard 1 week I lose then following I gain it back this has been going on for about 4 weeks like a yoyo and I'm starting to struggle to keep motivation so if u want to buddies up or just support each other I'm here

Well done on your fab loss...can't wait to get to that point in my weightloss journey...have you tried doing sp for a bit or success express from the old books?
I've never done either but i have heard great things about both regarding jump start of weight loss!

No I'm going to try the ss soup and stick to soups and veg this week I no everyone keeps telling me I don't need to lose anymore but it is my personal goal and I feel I just can't get over first hurdle funny how it's been so easy until now and I have noticed that since I have been having this problem my willpower is starting to give before I could walk by anything now I'm kidding myself by saying 1 bite won't hurt then another bite and so on so I need to get back into the swing

Back