Am I asking too much???????

Dreamer<3

Morning All,

I was wondering when I should expect to see a loss even just half a pund I am not fussy as long as its getting lower......

I want to lose a lb a week but secretly thought my first week might be a tad more.

It has only been 2 days but not even a budge on the scale :cry:

Has this happened to anyone else? xxx

Try try try and not weigh yourself until your WI day, you will only lose focus and feel horrid if nothing has happened.

Your right it has ONLY BEEN 2 DAYS, thats 6 square meals plus snacks, if you wait the week till weigh in day your giving your body 21 meals and snacks to lose some fat or inches. Everything takes time.

your already giving your body a deadline of 7 days why freak yourself out more by checking up 2 days in and being dissapointed. Gawd knows we all want it to happen now now now and well frankly it wont.

Keep your chin up, follow your plan, do your exercise, drink plenty fluids and plan non food related treats and goals to keep you focusing on whats ahead- reducing inches and fat. Its possible for us all.

Hiya vicki is spot on,daily weigh-in (my own sin) doesnt make the plan easy as we can gain and lose daily, water retention ,loo problems,a glass of water weighs.
Put the scales away hard I know and wait until weigh-in day,sometimes we dont show a loss until last minute and sometimes we dont show a loss until a couple of weeks as our bodies have to adjust.I think we weigh daily as we want proof that its working but try and see this as alife plan long term and that way its better as we can just relearn a healthy way of eating exercisng and lose the lbs.
Dont forget the first week we lose mainly fluid so get drinking that water as it flushes it out strangely ........x

Vikki you have done so so well and shows that it does work. We are about the same height and the same start weight. I need to update my stats ( I am going to do it now) My problem is I diet the Cambridge diet and it falls off. I know its not good though which is why I want to do it the proper way. I am just so excited of doing it normally that I dont want to give up. What kind of excercise do you do? To be honest I need to do a bit more.

I dont know if I am eating the wrong types of foods I really dont think I am but we'll see....xxx

I read in a ww magazine a lady lost 10-11 stone and she didnt do any exercise until she lost 5 stone,she walked I think then when 5 stone lost she started an exercise plan..
I did CD LL from 2005 to 2009 ending up losing 8 - 9 stone on and off yoyo and I ended up 3 stone heavier than when I started :sigh:
Cd is good I feel if you have 3 stone to lose in 12 weeks and then get to maintance.
Maybe write here exactly what you are eating and drinking and we can look and see.
I think as long as we stick to the points drink the water and do a little more activity we will lose,the key is not to go over your points which is easy to do as people guess the weight of foods etc.
x

That is very true I am going to get myself a good set of weighing scales this weekend so I am top notch xx

yeah i did lipotrim and cd in 2008 and lost 5 stone which took me from 19stone 4 to 13 stone 13 and then i stopped(fell in lurve) and put on more than 2 stone so i was at my ww start weight of 16 stone 2 and now im here at 14 stone 6,

see we have all been on the same nightmare diet trip.

Yep lets see your food intake, .

That is very true I am going to get myself a good set of weighing scales this weekend so I am top notch xx

i got asda's own electric scales, for 9.99

okay so the last 2 days I have eaten exactly the same.

Breakfast-
bagel with low fat cream cheese (4)

Snack - Apple (0.5)

Lunch-
baxters Parsnip soup (4)
jelly (0) WW yoghurt (0.5)

Snack-
WW caramel bar (1.5)

Dinner-
Quorn mince with pot/sweetpot/carrot mash & curly kale (7)

Homemade crunchynut cake with a light chocolate (2)

Tones and tones of sugar free squash prob 3 litres and a diet fizzy of somekind. (is diet tonic water better for you than Diet Coke???)
A few cups of tea with a splash of milk?!?!

30 minutes of the Wii.....

Is this bad???

Today-

Breakfast-
Oat so Simple (2)
Apple (0.5)

Snack-
WW caramel bar (1.5)

Lunch-
WW soup (1)
Lil left overs from the last 2 nights dinners about a saucers size (2.5??)

Havent thought about the rest....so far I have drank 1.5 ltires too xxx

emmm what is your daily points allowance? are you doing the fast start plan?

Youre expecting too much too soon. WW isnt like a VLCD you dont see a result every day. As everyone has said keep off the scales til WI

Just hang in...theres no point in rushing it...in my personal experiance any time ive done that it either slows down further weightloss or you basically cannot keep up with it.

Take your time, its not a race. You'll get there if you just follow the plan

x

Your plan is fine,as said it is a proper plan not a vlcd and you may not see a loss until weigh day.Just keep doing what you are and get someone to hide the scales.
You may lose 1/2 to 1lbs a week after the first couple of weeks but thats healthy.
Only on VLCD will you see the bigger losses, I know how hard it was for me to do a ordinary plan after VLCD as the losses were small in comparison,but at least you can eat ?
x

Hey hun!!
Just wanted to second what everyone else said... please try your hardest NOT to weigh yourself between weigh in's! I do it all the time and this week I really regret it.

I've been losing weight quite consistently and I weigh in on a Saturday. Well after weigh in last week I went on a mini break with friends and didn't point what I ate, but I also didn't binge. Stupidly when I got back Monday morning I got on the scales. I was devasted as it said I had gained 4lbs, going from 11st 7lbs up to 11st 11lbs! I was so disheartened that I gave up on the diet and binged every single day! I was so gutted!

So I got on the scales this morning thinking I'd gained even more weight, only to find I was back at my original weight of 11st 7lbs, minus the 4lbs I thought I'd gained!

So I binged all week for no reason. I worked out the reason the scales had weighed me more on monday was cos I hadn't been to the loo (Sorry gross I know!). I'm now so cross with myself cos If I hadn't weighed myself Monday I would of stayed on the diet, I wouldn't of binged and I'd probably of lost weight this week!!!!

So this is a huge lesson to me, to NOT jump on the scales between weigh in's!!!!

Hang in there Hun, if you follow the plan you WILL lose weight at your weigh in!!! Goodluck sweetie and keep up the goodwork!
xxx :D

Everyone still does it though! :) no matter of what others day about not weighing yourself, if you want to do it, do it! ... thing is though you've got to stick at WW and learn not to get down about what your weight is or in fact too excited of what the scales say... until your official WI day! ... i weigh myself everyday... and sometimes it says gains others losses, but i just carry on like usual do my exercises and eat my points, it's not until the Monday that i actually take much notice. Its no point saying DON'T do it... cause it makes you want to do it even more... go ahead and weigh in everyday... but just learn to not to take what it says to heart, take with a pinch of salt and then on official WI day then take notice :)

Everyone still does it though! :) no matter of what others day about not weighing yourself, if you want to do it, do it! ... thing is though you've got to stick at WW and learn not to get down about what your weight is or in fact too excited of what the scales say... until your official WI day! ... i weigh myself everyday... and sometimes it says gains others losses, but i just carry on like usual do my exercises and eat my points, it's not until the Monday that i actually take much notice. Its no point saying DON'T do it... cause it makes you want to do it even more... go ahead and weigh in everyday... but just learn to not to take what it says to heart, take with a pinch of salt and then on official WI day then take notice :)

exactly what i do except i weigh myself multiple times a day lol

Back