Am I being over suspicious ??

fillymum

synful soul
I know that an illegal SW group has started on the Costa Blanca, in Calpe to be exact. All the literature and books are photocopied and sold to the members.

Look at the amount of views to our threads.

Now it could genuinely be visitors, but I can not help but wonder as there are only a handful of us on here and the low syns and free food thread has attracted 1,186 views. Gosh that is a lot,

Probably just me being silly.............

I know that an illegal SW group has started on the Costa Blanca, in Calpe to be exact. All the literature and books are photocopied and sold to the members.

I'm not saying that I agree with law breaking and copyright infringement, but GOOD! Maybe S/W will set up some groups over there now!

I am one of those who keep viewing the free food and low syn threads. As I have only just recently started sw here in Spain (and doing it on my own) I find these threads really helpful.

I can assure you all though that I am genuine and not a member of any illegal slimming world group.

I am one of those who keep viewing the free food and low syn threads. As I have only just recently started sw here in Spain (and doing it on my own) I find these threads really helpful.

I can assure you all though that I am genuine and not a member of any illegal slimming world group.

I am so glad you find the thread helpful. I wish I could be more helpful.

Please keep coming and looking and ignore me . I am just a paranoid old idiot and so pro SW I just want everything to be right.

I am so glad you find the thread helpful. I wish I could be more helpful.

Please keep coming and looking and ignore me . I am just a paranoid old idiot and so pro SW I just want everything to be right.

Thank you so much fillymum and I think the help on here is fab, especially when there are no sw classes here in Spain. x

I'm not saying that I agree with law breaking and copyright infringement, but GOOD! Maybe S/W will set up some groups over there now!

I wish they would. I have approached them and at present they have no plans what-so-ever to expand into Spain.

I don't think they will be at all influenced by some tin pot support group.

The copyright issue is different and a serious offence.

Be happy you are in Liverpool as far as SW is concerned. You can find all the support you need there.

Thank you so much fillymum and I think the help on here is fab, especially when there are no sw classes here in Spain. x

So do I Chicaguapa. I could not have done it without this site and all the help that has been given to me by the other members. I love it here.

I love all the other sub-forums as well and love the lively debates we get in the Off Topic sub forum.

hugs xxxx

I think the problem with SW expansion is that they have to gather so much data about local food that it makes it quite prohibitive. You would need a team of people just to analyse the products available internationally in order to work out the syns and hex's and provide a comprehensive service. Plus a translation team, plus people to train consultants over there. Its a BIG project, which is why they seem to only do it in small bursts. Even in America where they have begun to expand to, there is such a large array of product variety it would take forever and a day to assess it all!

Of course, people on an individual basis like yourselves can do it, by sticking to the basic rules of the plan and being able to look at an individual product by yourself and work out the syns based on calorie content alone, but you wont be able to make allowances for free foods or superfree content of a product because you dont know how THEY work it out.

It would all take an awful lot of investment to set up and establish - and whilst it could be done, they may simply not be in a position to expand at that sort of capacity at this stage.

Hello all, I do not know anything about groups in Spain but I am annoyed by things I see on ebay regarding SW merchandise. They have food directories for sale for as much as £24 plus £4.80 p.and p. I realise no one has to bid but if people don't know the SW price they will be shocked when they see the cover price when it arrives. I have also seen discs and photocopies of the plan for sale so that is obviously infringement of copyright. I actually e-mailed one seller and she replied that her consultant had asked her to photocopy the EE booklet as she didn't have enough for her members. Don't really believe that but what can I do?

I think the problem with SW expansion is that they have to gather so much data about local food that it makes it quite prohibitive. You would need a team of people just to analyse the products available internationally in order to work out the syns and hex's and provide a comprehensive service. Plus a translation team, plus people to train consultants over there. Its a BIG project, which is why they seem to only do it in small bursts. Even in America where they have begun to expand to, there is such a large array of product variety it would take forever and a day to assess it all!

Of course, people on an individual basis like yourselves can do it, by sticking to the basic rules of the plan and being able to look at an individual product by yourself and work out the syns based on calorie content alone, but you wont be able to make allowances for free foods or superfree content of a product because you dont know how THEY work it out.

It would all take an awful lot of investment to set up and establish - and whilst it could be done, they may simply not be in a position to expand at that sort of capacity at this stage.

That has always been frustrating for me here in France. There are things I just can't work out syns wise. Of course, there are some branded products that are the same here as in the UK - a Mars bar is the same in any country lol. A generic glass of wine is easy to work out. But I do miss being able to have some "convenience foods" such as Alpen lights and other HEXs, as well as Muller lights, although we do have lots of brands of fat free, no sugar added yoghurts.

And cheese. I love cheese and the only French HEX cheeses I can find on the list are Emmental, Brie and Camembert, which I find bland. In a country with several hundred cheeses, it's very limiting. And although I can occasionally buy English cheese, it is really expensive. So I have to be "flexible" and count hard cheese as Cheddar etc.

Please don't get the food abuse police on to me!

Oh I miss alpen lights! But I have found an alternative over here, I just took my phone with an Internet connection with me and used the online syns calculator which was a god send and now I know what's free etc it did take a while though xx

day 1 - joined sw online, 9/3/11,5 stone to loose

Oh I miss alpen lights! But I have found an alternative over here, I just took my phone with an Internet connection with me and used the online syns calculator which was a god send and now I know what's free etc it did take a while though xx

day 1 - joined sw online, 9/3/11,5 stone to loose

Where are you angelicwave? if you are in Spain can you let us know what it is lol!! I love cereal bars and miss them as there are none here I can have!

Where are you angelicwave? if you are in Spain can you let us know what it is lol!! I love cereal bars and miss them as there are none here I can have!

Do you have a Mas y Mas supermarket ?? I manage to find most of the cereal bars there.

Once again Iceland is a super place to source that kind of thing.

I would be willing to send you some if you let me know which ones you want.

We don't have Mas y Mas here. Only 2 weeks for Iceland opening lol!!

When ours opened I was never out of ours. I nearly lived there.

You will be so happy with the things you can buy.

Their salmon in a creamy dill sauce is delicious and only 2 syns the whole package.

I am not going to swear to this as I am not in Spain at the moment to clarify it but I am almost sure my neighbour is doing SW as she has borrowed my Optimising and World Curry books whilst I am away and she goes to a class every week.
Needs more checking out but will let you know next month.

Last edited:
This is the one I was talking about - found it on the net.

She has classes in Benalmadena, Fuengirola and Alhaurín el grande. The name of the club is W8 matters. It's very much the same programme as slimming worlds but as they're not franchised here she's not allowed to call it that. She was a slimming world consultant in Scotland for many years before moving to Spain and has been going in Spain for at least 5 or 6 years.

Back