Day 4 over & all good :-)

LinzMA

Want to say hello, I'm new in here. Hoping to make so friends for the journey. I also have a few questions so I'm hoping some of you can help me!

I did WW on line back in March & was delighted to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks. Got a nice little routine going for lunches at work (always my hardest bit), but then I changed temping jobs & my new colleagues teased me about being so organised and 'healthy' and I'm afraid I bowed to peer pressure & stopped keeping track of everything. Very silly, and now I just have the attitude that I don't really care what they think - my body/life, etc...!

So here I am again. My points allowance has changed - cant remember what it was before, but it's now 37 per day. To be honest, I'm struggling to consume it whilst being healthy. I know it's there to be used, but I literally had to have some chocolate cookies last night to use it up because I had loads left, was full and didnt want anything else. Obviously I can't say no to biscuits so I had a couple even though I wasn't really bothered! Anyone else get this?

So some more questions:

* I am happy to do it all on line & I have the app, but I would like to be ale to buy some of the books & bits that I think there are at the meetings. Can I pay a top up fee or something to be able to attend the odd meeting?

* Exercise points - do I have to use them up too?

* How do I add people as friends and follow threads on my app?

I look forward to hearing from any of you, and watching your progress.

With best wishes
Lindsay

Hi. I can't answer your questions as I do the original ww plan from home but your comment re colleagues criticising your healthy eating struck home with me. Im glad you have decided to keep on despite this because only you will lose out if you bow to their pressure. Don't be influenced by negativity :)

If you like to diet from home
using an app i can't recommend My Fitness Pal enough. It is a calorie and exercise counter and is free. Also ebay is a great place to buy weight watchers books.

Good luck x

All going good so far... :)

The negative colleague comments seem to now be 'you're so good being organised with lunch like that - I wish I was as organised'... I did treat myself to a cute washbag (it's wipe clean, so good for lunch! And matching flask so I'm uber prepared - I don't even have to think about leaving my desk to heat soup as it's already there for me!

I went to a meeting tonight just to pick up a couple of cookery books for ideas, and I've decided to swap over to Monthly Pass. I would like to make some friends/buddies - other than you guys of course. And I ink I will get some inspiration from the meetings & the other attendees.

Lindsay x

Hi,have only just seen this post,sounds like its all coming together for you and well done for starting afresh and doing it for yourself :0)

Thanks (if that last post was directed at me)! Happy so far. Would still quite happily devour massive bars of chocolate or consume packets of biscuits, but only because I'm silly. I'm not actually hungry.. :)

Lindsay x

LinzMA said:
Thanks (if that last post was directed at me)! Happy so far. Would still quite happily devour massive bars of chocolate or consume packets of biscuits, but only because I'm silly. I'm not actually hungry.. :)

Lindsay x

Yes was to you :0) glad you're happy with it.We all get those feelings,it why we are here in the first place though we would eat those foods after thinking about them before!

How did you do today? How long have you been doing WW? X

LinzMA said:
How did you do today? How long have you been doing WW? X

Was abit more hungry today,think cos start of totm but just had extra fruit.Been doing it for five months now,mainly do simply filling and pp some days,been doing sf for about a couple of months now.

Hey!
this was a similar problem I was having when I first started weight watchers.
i started on 34 points and was struggling to meet 30, plus exercsing!
i lost 5lbs in the first week, and my points went down one. So it was working
i started eating bread and accounting for milk (tea tea and more tea), as well as eating a treat EVERYDAY! And apart from last week (hen weekend) I lost every week.
eat more starchy foods, veg that have points in them and so on to get more "good" points as opposed to eating a second lump of chocolate. With the new WW system 2 biccies are 3pp rather than 2pp etc. same for chocolate. I didnt realise that until after i scoffed my 3rd ginger nut :p

You dont have to use activity points. These can be banked along with weekly 49s :) If youre going to have a treat night or whatever. Its guilt free

The WW revipe booklets and booklets have great ideas with 11pp dinners etc and theyre soooooo good :)

Rambling now! Hope this answered your question a bit

Best of luck :):):)

Wwcalcuk is a good calculator ap. Does both pp and discovery plans. You dont have to use exercise bonus propoints. They just a safety net but you will loose more not using them. You can get books off ebay. The blue folder and also recipe books. Not too expensive. Best of luck hope it going well. Dont worry about the people at work who tease you. They not worth the bother. If they have a problem with you then its their problem not yours if they cant handle your healthier life. X

Aww.. You guys are awesome!

I want to snack because I'm bored.. You know also when your teeth feel likely they hurt because you want to chew something?! Nope? Just me who's odd then.

The days are going great - it's outside of work that's not so great, but it'll be ok. I've not fallen off the wagon yet, and I was really surprised to see that I've done 14 days - that's slipped by without me noticing!

I'm going to treat myself to a dip in the local swimming pool tomorrow night. I really enjoy that, and although it's perfectly allowed, I have used some of my weeklies in the last couple of days to allow for random snacks that I've fancied. I'll only make a couple of exercise points, but it's all good for stress relief too :)

Booked myself a day at my spa for a little later this month - that should be a nice treat, and hopefully it'll be a mini celebration for a half stone! Here's hoping, but it's only 3lbs away.

The app is absolutely invaluable for tracing. I honestly couldn't do anything without it. The sense of achievement I get from filling it in, and the graph showing the weight going down. Also helps me work out 5%, etc. now I want some stars!

How long have you guys been doing this, and what successes have you had so far?

Lindsay x

Also, how do I upload a photo? I feel like I'm hiding without an avatar! X

If you on a computer at the left hand side it should say update avatar. I use mainly the app now so could have changed. If it has you can change what you need in your profile. You have passed the magic 50 posts now so can do anyting. Enjoy your swim. Thats what i planning tomorrow also. I not one for doing loads of lengths. I take the bairn and we have fun. Its still exercise. Good luck. X

Hey again!

im on week 10 and down 23lbs to date

My goal within weight watchers to myself and my leader was to be down a stone by september.... And ive doubled it.
Down 10.4% of my body fat which is a little shocking!

Will never look back!

Hope today was a great day for you x

Lemai said:
Hey again!

im on week 10 and down 23lbs to date

My goal within weight watchers to myself and my leader was to be down a stone by september.... And ive doubled it.
Down 10.4% of my body fat which is a little shocking!

Will never look back!

Hope today was a great day for you x

Wow that's brilliant! Well done :0)

Lemai (well, everyone really!) - brilliant going!

Did you have your body fat stats measured at your WW meeting? I'm contemplating going to my leisure centre once every 3 months to get my stats done.. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

So Lemai, if I may ask, what was your start weight and what weekly losses have you seen? And Daisy - same question if I may?

Lindsay x

Back