Am I COMPLETELY mad!?

BrittW

Timelord
Right so,
The other week I went for a walk around the local park with my OH and my friend. While we were there, we saw a load of people in different coloured bibs running about and doing things by the instruction of a man in military gear. Since then, I haven't given it a second thought.

Today I was googling "Bridal Boot Camps" after reading an article on a news website, and a website came up called British Military Fitness. (BMF)
It turns out they were the people running about in the park!

I had a spy on the website and it boasts;

BMF is the largest and longest running provider of outdoor fitness classes in the UK.

All year round, we run over 400 classes a week in 105 parks across the UK.

All our 500 plus instructors are serving or former members of the armed forces. Highly trained, experienced, and responsible in their approach to training.

Graded by ability - beginner, intermediate or advanced – BMF delivers an invigorating outdoor workout that’s right for your fitness level.

We have over 20,000 members of all shapes and sizes, ages and backgrounds. Why not come along and experience it for yourself?

I had a look and for a few workouts a week it's cheaper than my gym and I feel maybe it will be more motivational because there is someone telling me what to do, I'd be doing it with other people and my OH said he would come along too.

We've booked a free session on Wednesday night, but the more I think about it, the more terrified I am. I'm not fit. AT ALL.
It says that they put people in ability groups and all that but that doesn't stop me shaking in my boots at the idea of doing MILITARY FITNESS.

The website is; British Military Fitness - fun outdoor exercise classes to get your body and mind going
Have a look and tell me if I've lost it...

qualitybrittany said:
Right so,
The other week I went for a walk around the local park with my OH and my friend. While we were there, we saw a load of people in different coloured bibs running about and doing things by the instruction of a man in military gear. Since then, I haven't given it a second thought.

Today I was googling "Bridal Boot Camps" after reading an article on a news website, and a website came up called British Military Fitness. (BMF)
It turns out they were the people running about in the park!

I had a spy on the website and it boasts;

I had a look and for a few workouts a week it's cheaper than my gym and I feel maybe it will be more motivational because there is someone telling me what to do, I'd be doing it with other people and my OH said he would come along too.

We've booked a free session on Wednesday night, but the more I think about it, the more terrified I am. I'm not fit. AT ALL.
It says that they put people in ability groups and all that but that doesn't stop me shaking in my boots at the idea of doing MILITARY FITNESS.

The website is; British Military Fitness - fun outdoor exercise classes to get your body and mind going
Have a look and tell me if I've lost it...

Ah im guttd ! My nearest is 20miles away ! Go for it id say it sounds great x

My only concern would be to watch out for injuries. I've heard stories about people who have gone along to these, only to end up with a long term injury. Just be careful.

I did bootcamp before when i started SW.. results were AMAZING!!! I was so unfit before hand but there are all different fitness levels, and you will notice those inches melting away and your fitness will rocket, i was so happy, ive now moved to Dublin and i am starting another one next week cant wait!! New friends, inches loss, feel amazing and fitness improved, what have you got to lose wohoo!

I was only talking abou this at weekend as there is one quiet close to where i live. You will have to update us after your free session xx

It may not be cheaper for long as councils are going to charge them to use the park!
Personally I wouldn't put myself through it!

It may not be cheaper for long as councils are going to charge them to use the park!
Personally I wouldn't put myself through it!

Any way for the councils to make an extra buck, eh? They should see it as a good thing in the long run.. If people use the service, get fit, lose weight.. then they cost the NHS less!
Wishful thinking, right? Lol.

Our local park doesn't let people run classes on it for free, not even FREE classes!

It looks like fun though.. I would be tempted to try it myself if I had the spare money. Maybe they should do a prescription course to those who need to lose weight? Like SW do.

Ooh good luck with this - let us know how you get on :)

My friend goes to one in Reading (where she lives) and told me to check out the website and go the Brighton one (near where I live) - I did go on the website but the pictures seemed to show people grimacing in pain :D so I decided to give it a miss LOL

She says it's not that bad, honest ;) - well she goes every week so it can't be - can it? :D

Have fun, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I'm back!!
Still alive but I can't go down stairs at the moment! My thighs are burning!!

Back