Am I doing it right?

SUE49

I am following SW at home and this is my meals today.Is it ok for A green Day please or should I have chosen Ex E or Red?

Green Day
Breakfast 1 weetabix (1/2 HEb) +milk (1 HEa): Banana; Strawberries; fat free yoghurt

Gin and Lemon (2.5 +3 syns)

Lunch Chicken breast (1 HEb); new potatoes; Brocoli; Swede; Carrots; Bread sauce (2 Syns) Gravy (1 syn)

Tea 2 Ryvitas (1/2 HEb); low fat cottage cheese; tomatoes; cucumber; beetroot and new potatoes + oxo cube drink.

Can anyone comment or give advice please?
Sue

You have to count low fat versions of cottage cheese it's only completley fat free cottage cheese that is free food. natural low fat is 0.5 syns per 100g.:)

Could be an EE day really as you could have counted the chicken as free -you already had your 1 HEXB (weetabix and ryvita) and 1 HEXA (milk)

It looks fine :) Which cottage cheese was it? I use Tesco light choices and its free according to my SW branded food book

Are you allowed to split up your HEXB like that? I know you can on certain things (listed in the book) but in group last week my C said that you couldn't have 1 weetabix and ryvita like that because the HEAXB are worked out on fibre content and you wouldn't get enough/would get too much if you split up the HEXB like above....

xx

Regarding HEA: Did you really have 250ml SS milk on one weetabix?
I can drown 2 weetabix and have a cup of tea for 250ml.
Don't want to cheat yourself out of a few cups of tea in the day that's all.

Thanks for replies.
The Cottage Cheese was Linessa from LIdl.
Forgot to say the milk was for Weetabix and 4teas.
I did ask on here if it was ok to split my HEbs(Weetabix and Ryvitas.)
The gravy was Bisto (small amount)
The Gin and Lemon was pre-lunch!!!
Sue

Are you allowed to split up your HEXB like that? I know you can on certain things (listed in the book) but in group last week my C said that you couldn't have 1 weetabix and ryvita like that because the HEAXB are worked out on fibre content and you wouldn't get enough/would get too much if you split up the HEXB like above....

xx

Yes you are so refer your consultant to the FAQs on the SW website. It says that you can split them if there is only one food items in them - so milk, cheese and bread are okay but not porridge because the HEB is supposed to be porridge plus scanbran. Sw do say that splitting may mean you don't get get your full 'dose' of fibre. But if you are eating a healthy balanced diet you will get fibre from other sources as well.

Back