am i doing it right ?

Just wanted to chip in I agree 100% with whats been said here, there is an awful lot of junk that floats around the web regarding "this weeks hot tip for dieting", like the others have said calories in/calories out, disappointing as it can be at times that there is in fact no magic wand to be had, I lost almost 12 stone CC'ing several years back and I've kept the vast majority, bar about a pesky 8-10 lbs that seems to love bouncing back, I have been round the houses this last 14 months or so with dieting and I can honestly say a healthy balanced calorie controlled diet with a little bit of what you fancy shoved in now and then will keep you on the right road.

Its a learning process lol. It's about listening to your body and eating a healthy balanced diet not just to lose weight but to be healthy. I personally couldn't eat a mcdonalds breakfast every day I'd be ill and run down lol x

Lanarkwitch said:
Just wanted to chip in I agree 100% with whats been said here, there is an awful lot of junk that floats around the web regarding "this weeks hot tip for dieting", like the others have said calories in/calories out, disappointing as it can be at times that there is in fact no magic wand to be had, I lost almost 12 stone CC'ing several years back and I've kept the vast majority, bar about a pesky 8-10 lbs that seems to love bouncing back, I have been round the houses this last 14 months or so with dieting and I can honestly say a healthy balanced calorie controlled diet with a little bit of what you fancy shoved in now and then will keep you on the right road.

That's brilliant that you've managed to keep most of that weight off, fantastically well done! You've given me hope that I can do the same!! I agree totally with what you say - sustainability is key to successful weight loss, and that's far more likely to happen if you still eat the food you enjoy, just in moderation. So, for example, every other night I'll have a Galaxy Ripple with my evening coffee - 174 cals of sheer deliciousness! :D xx

Its a learning process lol. It's about listening to your body and eating a healthy balanced diet not just to lose weight but to be healthy. I personally couldn't eat a mcdonalds breakfast every day I'd be ill and run down lol x

Haha!! I love me a McDonalds breakfast!! The McMuffins are literally an English muffin, poached egg, bacon and fake cheese. Nothing wrong with that and a much higher protein intake then I usually get for breakfast :D

Each to their own!

Well I sts this week :( which I dont undetstand as physically I feel slimmer and am now in size 18 jeans a lot easier than a couple weeks ago.maybe to do with muscle gain as I have been doin a lot of exercise? Or maybe I do need to cut more calories I'm not sure but trying not to be disheartened.

Well I sts this week :( which I dont undetstand as physically I feel slimmer and am now in size 18 jeans a lot easier than a couple weeks ago.maybe to do with muscle gain as I have been doin a lot of exercise? Or maybe I do need to cut more calories I'm not sure but trying not to be disheartened.

You won't gain a great deal of muscle whilst eating in a deficit. What you need to look at is:

- How many weeks have you STS? If it's just the one or two weeks, don't worry about it. It's just your body playing silly *******.

- Where are you in your TOTM cycle? You could physcially be heavier due to the bloating.

- Have you had any high salt foods recently? Makes you retain water like crazy.

- Did you have a big meal last night? You could be holding a couple of pounds of food in you.

If it's just this week you've had a STS don't change anything. Keep going for another couple of weeks then re-evaluate. No-one loses every week. Weight loss long term is full of peaks and troughs.

Will carry on and see how it goes. Maybe ttm is due, was bleeding in between a couple weeks ago which confused me as well as never happened to me before. TMI!lol I'll just plod on and see how it goes the next couple of weeks.

thankyou all for the advice, Im having a really bad today I know I shouldn't weight till 2moro or Saturday, but I weighed today and im bk to 12st 8lb so put on a pound this week :( iv done the same nothing changed. feeling so down im going abroad in bout 13/14 weeks and feel like im getting nowhere. still got rolls of fat on my belly :( I was round 13 stone maybe just over for my holiday last year and I felt so unhappy with myself and uncomftable in my swim wear so im not looking forward to this one now if this weight carrys on. just don't know what to do now xx

Back