Am I doing it wrong/not eating enough?

I tried slimming world about a year ago and started off well (4lb loss first week) which, after about 6 weeks, then whittled down to only losing 0.5lb, maintaining or gaining each week so I ended up giving up. Decided to try again, starting 3 weeks ago. Thought I probably wasn't eating enough speed last time I tried so made a conscious effort to increase. Lost 2lb my first week, 1lb last week and this week I've lost a measly 0.25lb! I've not had any cheat days, stay within my syns etc so am wondering if I'm still not eating enough?

A typical day would be either weetabix or oat cheerios for breakfast as my HEB with milk for my HEA. I'll then have a snack mid morning of usually a muller light, an apple and an orange. Lunch is usually a salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, beetroot along with chicken breast or ham and occasionally a couple of boiled eggs. Snack again in the afternoon is something like a mug shot and an apple. Tea is usually something along the lines of Cajun chicken pasta packed with onions and peppers for speed or meat with potatoes and mixed veg. We do sometimes have sausages or gammon with homemade chips and beans/mushy peas or something so I know I'm missing my speed there but thought this would be ok since I snack on mainly speed throughout the day.

I always drink at least 1.5 litres of water but try and have 2 litres every day. I use my syns on salad cream, sometimes hot chocolate and some ice lollies and usually use between 10-15 per day.

I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong? Am I really not eating enough?

It sounds like you're eating all the right things and getting your speed food in (though I didn't see any with breakfast?)

I've been on SW since August and I've found that if I let myself get stuck in a routine my losses will slow down a lot. This happened fairly recently - over the past couple of months and I was losing, maintaining and gaining all around the same few pounds so I decided to mix things up a bit. I got into the habit of using bread for my HEB every day and cheese for my HEA. My syns were also going on not very nutritious things like chocolate, alcohol, crisps etc.

Over the past couple of weeks I've started varying my HEBs so that I don't have bread at all now - I've been using them on oats (though only 1-2 times a week) and seeds (I sprinkle 2 tbsp seeds into a yogurt and eat it with some fruit for an evening snack). My HEAs have been split over milk and cheese, so 2-3 days a week I'll have cheese and the rest of the days I'll have milk (rather than cheese every day). I struggle with milk as I don't really like it but I have had a warm cup of milk in the evenings with a spoonful of honey, some nutmeg and cinnamon, or I've had some of the HEA chocolate milk. My syns have been going on things like sauces, spice mixes, the honey in the milk and Graze boxes (though 1 day a week I use them on wine). Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to lose 1.5lbs then 2.5lbs and hopefully I'll see a decent loss this week too.

Could you try mixing things up a bit? My consultant suggests that when people get stuck in a rut, to try to have 7 different breakfasts in a week. It's not easy (I haven't tried it myself - I always have fruit, with or without a yogurt) but when the people in group try this, they always seem to have a loss the following week.

I've never had speeds with breakfast, unless my breakfast has just been fruit. I don't like fruit with cereal. Also only about 3 breakfast choices for me, but not too bothered about that as I think 7 choices is excessive (in my opinion anyway). My losses slowed right down before our holiday, but I think I was being way too strict on myself

Back