Am i doing ok?? xx

xlisaxxx

Hi guys

I have been doing sw now for 10 weeks and have lost 1 stone! This was achieved after just 5 weeks losing it as follows...
1st week -4lb
2nd week -4lb
3rd week -2lb
4th week +1lb
5th week -3lb
6th week stayed the same
7th week +1lb
8th week -1lb
9th week stayed the same

So as you can see the last few weeks i seem to have lost my will power and have been cheating quite abit :( im really trying to get back into it so wanted to let you know what i have eaten so far today to see how many syns i have had and if im on the right track! Also some lunchtime and snack ideas pls.

i had a bacon sandwhich for breakfast in 2 pieces of wholemeal seeded bread from the small loaf.

For lunch i have had 2 wholemeal pitta breads filled with lettuce, tomatoes, medditeranean cous cous, a tiny bit of salad creme and tiny bit of cheese.

And been drinking diet coke :)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Lisa xx

(start weight 16st 7lb
Weight now 15st 7lb
1 stone loss so far :))

I dont think seeded bread is a healthy extra hun. Also you have had 2 wholemeal pitta breads. They are either 1 healthy extra b each (if coop or asda) or about 7 syns. Salad cream is 2.5 syns per tablespoon and cheese is also synned or a health extra. low fat cheese is 4 syns per 28grams or you can have 42grams as a healthy extra a. What plan are you doing? xx

i had a bacon sandwhich for breakfast in 2 pieces of wholemeal seeded bread from the small loaf.

For lunch i have had 2 wholemeal pitta breads filled with lettuce, tomatoes, medditeranean cous cous, a tiny bit of salad creme and tiny bit of cheese.

And been drinking diet coke :)

Any help is very much appreciated!

I take it your doing EE? If so you need to be having 1/3 superfree with your brekkie.

A few little bits to check:

Breakfast: Did you trim all the fat off the bacon? Was there any butter/anything else on the bread? If not all is good, 1 HEXB for the bread. But eat some superfree with it if you are on EE.

Lunch: What brand of pitta bread was it? Only Co-op and Asda are HEXes, and even then 2 pittas would need to be 2 HEXBs - so you've already either gone over your HEXBs (you get one on EE and 2 on Red/Green) or used up nearly all your syns just on these. Also, if you *are* on Red/Green you can't have both bacon and couscous without counting one of them as syns/HEXes and as you've used more than 2 HEXBs already (bread plus pitta plus pitta) one of them would have to be syns. If you're on EE both is fine though, but you'll only get 1 HEXB)

Did you measure your salad cream? Its really easy to go over if you dont, so best to measre it and write down how many syns you used on it. Similarly how much cheese did you use? Measure it and use it as your HEXA - you get up to 28g full fat cheddar, other cheeses vary.

looking at it Id say youre doing fine but try to reduce the amoutn of bread you're eating and fill up on free and especially superfree stuff instead. If it's EE you're doing it must be at least 1/3 of your plate at *all* meals.

Good luck and let us know if you need to know any more x :)

EDIT: PS sorry chun-ky is right, I didn't read that properly - seeded bread is not a HEX so you'd need to syn it. No problem this time tho, it wont have any effect as a one off but to remember in future only to use wholemeal as a HEX. :)

Last edited:
hi guys thanks for replying, im doing EE and i had a feeling the pitta breads werent good :/ they were tesco ones :(
I didnt have anything on the bread just dry with the bacon and yes i did trim all of the fat off. What superfree foods could i eat for breakfast? I dont go to groups as im working when they are on :( so trying to do it all on my own! I have been doing so well but completely fell off and finding it hard to get back into it!
I didnt measure my cheese or salad cream, just a very small drizzle in each pitta bread i wouldnt say it was more than a tablespoon, also i grated a small amount of cheese, but definately do think i need to start measuring this! Am thinking of doing the swede topped cottage pie for dinner tonight, jus not gonna snack on anything until then, and i might get away with the silly mistake i made with the pitta breads lmao.

have a bowl of fruit along side your brekkie that sorts out my 1/3 with my breakfast.
make sure you're drinking water, it really helps with weight loss :)

well done so far with loosing a stone, thats amazing :)!

No worries, youll be fine in no time, a stone in five weeks is fantastic! :)

Tesco pittas are about 8 syns each, depending which one you get and they dont have enough fibre in to count as a HEX.

What superfree depends what else you're eating at breakfast - on a bacon roll-type day maybe you could have grilled/fried mushrooms, tomatoes, onion? On a cereal-type day you could have fruit (berries, mango, banana etc) The point is to reduce the amount of the non-superfree you eat with it though, it's not an add-on, so you'd have a smaller sandwich - or ideally perhaps just have the bacon and superfree but ditch the bread? That would be your best bet.

Salad cream syns depend on the brand and whether they're low fat. Full fat are about 2.5 syns per tbsp, the low fat/extra low fat between 1 and 2 syns per tbsp. Lowest is Heinz 70% less fat I think? 1 syn per tbsp.

You really should measure it btw, at least the first few times, as its unbelievable how little a tbsp really is! :eek:

Cheese definitely needs measuring. You get a miniscule amount as 28g! And obviously you're better off with low fat cheese if you can.

Anyway, it's only one day and its really not bad at all, wont make any difference. But its good to point out that as none of your bread or pittas were HEXes, you've had at least 1 HEXA (your cheese, depending on how much it weighed) and no HEXBs - but about 25 syns in breads and the salad cream. Its so, so easy to go way over your syns if you dont measure/get the right HEXes so its good to see why its important.

Just a little tip which I have found a god send! Get urself some proper measuring spoons to measure ur salad cream etc accurately. U can get them for 99p from morrisons. :)
Also I carry around a little notebook which I jot down the amount of syns that I have had. and also use it to keepnote of syn contents for my odd little things such as a tbsp of brown sauce etc
Good luck ! Xxxx

Back