Am I doing something wrong?????

pmosgirl

Hi everyone, I need some reassurance please!!!!!

I'm due to have my 3rd wi tomorrow and so far have lost 7lbs, 4lb in wk 1, 3lb in wk 2. However, I'm a bit worried as after reading all of the fantastic posts on this forum, I don't seem to be losing as much weight as some others who started LL around the same time as me.

I'm following the plan religiously, drinking my 4ltrs of water each day, I'm even managing to drink more some days.

However, compared to some people my losses seem to be really low. I know everyone is different, and I know on SW or WW I would have had to diet for about 4 wks to lose half a stone, but I'm still feeling that I don't seem to be losing much weight.

I've had a couple of good 'strokes' from people at work, but all in all no one seems to have noticed that I'm losing weight.

Is it me? am I doing something wrong, or should I just be happy to be losing weight, however, slowly it comes off????

Sorry to be a moaning minnie - just a bit worried.

Trish you must not worry! This diet works for everyone. Some people lose weight quicker than others in the beginning and then they may start to slow down whilst yours will speed up. You must not be disheartened. Eventually your weight loss will even out with the others. Maybe you are nearing time of month? Whatever it is do not worry and keep at it.

Weight loss is a very individual thing and the rate depends on several factors ... men lose faster than women because of their greater muscle mass for example.

However, you can't get a faster safe weight loss rate than that achieved on a VLCD so whatever you lose (assuming you don't cheat and stick to the rules / advice) is the maximum you can PERSONALLY lose. Try not to compare your losses to others in your group - you're on your own weight loss journey: they're on theirs.

You're doing fantastically - stick with it and you'll soon be reaping some amazing rewards :)

Hi

I've gone at a slower pace than most but keep remembering the comparisons with WW or SW.

I have gone from losing half a pound after 10 days to losing 7 pounds in the same period. There is no logic but it does work. It has taken me just over 5 months to do just over 4 and a half stone.

Stick with it. It is your journey, no one elses.

Suzy x

You are starting at one of the lower BMI levels so you probably weren't carrying as much glycogen around as the people who start this with BMIs in the high 30s and above. You will lose 3 stone in just under 100 days - I promise!

Thanks everyone - I really don't know how I would get through this programme without this site.

I'll go off to my wi tomorrow and see how I've got on - wish me luck!!!!

Thanks everyone - I really don't know how I would get through this programme without this site.

I'll go off to my wi tomorrow and see how I've got on - wish me luck!!!!

Glad to read you're feeling better Trish :D

Things will definitely even out as everyone has said. If you are sticking to the plan 100% as you are, then the rewards are just a matter of time. You are doing so well.:)

looking forward to hearing how you get on at the next WI

Lacey :) x

What I have found...

I am not able to eat the bars, because they take me out of ketosis for a few days and I end up losing just a few pounds.

If I dont eat them I lose a lot more each week.

could this be your problem also?

I am not able to eat the bars, because they take me out of ketosis for a few days and I end up losing just a few pounds.

Hi Latanya

I've never had the bars, I've only just started having the soups in the last week. I suppose I should look at the positives - clothes are definitely looser on me and I can see parts of my body I've not seen for months (lol).

It will be interesting to see how I get on tomorrow.

My new mantra"I will be a size 10!!!".

That's very interesting. I thought you had to have a bar every day. Is there any advantage to having a bar every day - does anyone know? Because if I can lose weight more quickly by cutting out the bars, then I might do this.

the bars have more carbs so "could" slow u down a little. xxx

Bars are optional but can provide the feeling of chewing plus they are conveient when away from home. I have a bar every day.

Thanks Karen :) And Suzy, you've lost loads of weight by having a bar every day, so I think I'll stick with having a bar every day too. You're right - they're really convenient if you're out all day (I travel a lot, so I have one when I'm on a plane or a long car journey). I try to only have 1 nut bar a week as they look like they have more calories than the others - although in the grand scheme of things, it probably won't make that much difference.:confused:

But at least I know that if my weight loss slows down at all and I start getting depressed, I can cut out the bars for a while. Maybe I'll try having 5 a week and cutting out the weekend ones - I don't really need them then...

Hi everyone

Thank you for all your replies.

Well, I had my wi yesterday and have lost another 3.5lbs. So, that's 10.5lbs in 3wks. That sounds a lot better than 7lb and I am on target to lose a stone this month.

I am really starting to notice that I'm losing weight. All in all I'm feeling really good - at times I really love LL, long may the feeling continue!!!!!!

Hi everyone

Thank you for all your replies.

Well, I had my wi yesterday and have lost another 3.5lbs. So, that's 10.5lbs in 3wks. That sounds a lot better than 7lb and I am on target to lose a stone this month.

I am really starting to notice that I'm losing weight. All in all I'm feeling really good - at times I really love LL, long may the feeling continue!!!!!!

Well done Trish!:clap:

Here's to another good week ahead of you:)

Love Mini xxx

Just so you know - I didn't have bars until week 10 - I'm now on week 26 and have had nut bars almost every day (with the exception of a few days of toffee here and there)...I don't think LL would provide something that might sabotage the programme - but I did make sure I was well and truly in the flow before I started having them and I introduced them slowly.

That sounds like very good advice. The nut bars are my favourite (especially mixed with vanilla to make oat cookies) so although I've been having a bar a day since week 2, I might start having them every other day for a while and see what effect that has.

Back