Am I Doing Something Wrong..?

Looby-Lu

I am on day 6 and have my weigh in tomorrow. I have been having trouble using all of my points ... I have only used my dailies up on 2 days and and have only used 7 of my weeklies, but I feel like I'm eating a lot. What I am eating is healthier foods than I was before, but I don know if I should be trying to eat more and use all of my points up? Anyone else having any similar issues?

Hi there im the same i think we are supposed to use all our dailies and our weeklies are there if we need to use them as a safety net, i use mainly ww products so i find it quite hard to use all mine as they are low in pps anyway so i need to start rethinking my meals to use up more.

Don't worry Looby-Lu I have the same problem. I'm in my 2nd week but was worried that i could eat all my dailies every day so asked my meeting leader to check my food diary & she was happy with it as i was eating lots of free or low PP foods.

I'm on 38PP a day & she told me not to go below 29PP per day. I'm averaging around 33PP per day & haven't touched my weeklies or my activity PPs.

If you go to meetings just check with your leader. :) x

Thanks for the help. I am eating a lot of ww foods as well - mainly the yogurts as puddings and breakfast and crisps as snacks. Also some of the ready meals bad have also made a few of the recipes - the tomato and butternut squash soup is really nice! I was just worried as I have seen other people posting who have been eating all of their dailies & weeklies! I will wait & see how my weigh in goes at the meeting tomorrow and see what my leader says. Thanks.

I had the exact same worries as you cos i could see people posting that they were eating daylies & weeklies & I wasn't.

I've made the tom & BNS soup too & the meatball pasta bake which is gorgeous.
For puds I'm having yogurts or greek yogurt & fruit.

I don't eat much red meat as it triggers my IBS so i eat alot of chicken & fish which is low in PPs.

Saying that I will probably eat my weeklies on Saturday as its my nieces wedding but i get weighed sat morning & then have all week to work the weight off again! :D x

I'll have to look up the meatball pasta bake as I love homemade meatballs. I also eat a lot more chicken and swap other meats in recipes for chicken! I love cooking and doing ww has given me more of an incentive to do more home cooking which I am really enjoying. Looking forward to cooking a lot more lovely ww recipes!!

whatever you eat your body gets used to.... so if you're only eating 29pp and no weeklies, don't expect to be able to go up to what your allowance "should be".

The human body is a clever thing, for the most part it adapts to what its given.. if you eat less it needs less. Worth keeping that in mind

here's a quote from a weightwatchers article on dieting myths (not all relevant to you perhaps but interesting nevertheless):

"6. The less I eat, the faster I'll lose
Wrong. "The less we eat, the slower our metabolism gets, and the slower we lose the weight," says Mandel. "Deprivation also makes us unhappy and actually causes us to overeat and overindulge." Increasing your caloric restriction in reasonable amounts can increase weight loss, but cutting back to an unrealistic intake will likely backfire. A slow and steady approach — including treating yourself to your favorite foods, in moderation — is your best bet for building a healthy relationship with food and reaching your long-term goals.

So stop telling yourself lies that sabotage your efforts. Instead, start living your life with a weight-loss plan that works for you. You'll feel better about yourself, your confidence will grow, and you'll keep the weight off."

I ate every one of my dailies and weeklies last week and lost 3.5lb...so its certainly not a detrement to weightloss. But you won't do yourself any significant damage as such... just won't make it easier in the future when you actually want some treats (believe me it does come!!)

Thank you. Am really loving all the support. I have been enjoying things as well have had some wine, some chocolates, even a small Chinese! And tonight had some popcorn. Thats one of the main things I'm really enjoying - I don't feel like I'm dieting or depriving myself. I think that is what is going to take some getting used to - most diets I have done have felt like I'm starving myself and been craving all of the things I am not allowed, and with ww I am not having to do this - maybe this is what feels wrong! I guess it will take me a few weeks to get used to it, bit I feel this is a diet I can actually stick to! Best of luck to everyone else too, it's great to hear other peoples experiences and get tips etc :)

it genuinely does take getting used to. Some days I find I could eat 5 times the points I get, some days I really genuinely struggle to fill my day. I find planning and trying to divide points as equally as possible the best method. And not to be too obsessive with changing your food to the lowest fat version available, just because you're on a "diet". I can tolerate fully skimmed milk, but I have semi just cause its nicer, and I enjoy it. I have my chippy once a week cause I can and it motivates me! You don't see skinny people having to deprive themselves completely.. its all about getting the balance right x

And not to be too obsessive with changing your food to the lowest fat version available, just because you're on a "diet". x

Yes - sometimes I think there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the low fat and the full fat equivilents or the low fat and the extra low fat. For example, an Ambrosia Rice Pudding from a multipack is 4 and the low fat version is a 3. I just go for the full fat one. Philadelphia is 2 for 30g and the light and the extra light are both 1 so I have the light. Babybels are either 2 for the normal or 1 for the light so I buy both (they always seem to bbe on offer) and have whatever I can afford in points at the time.

I find a lot of the extra light stuff hard to find! (northern irelands a gip like that) and asides that, its uber expensive! And yeah it isn't greatly different on the calorie side if you actually take the time to look... there may be as little as 10 calories +/-

Sometimes its just worth getting the nice stuff and having just a little bit less! I often wonder what garbage they have to fill butter etc with to make it so few in calories!

Oh yes. I could never eat those spread things. I have the Anchor or Lurpack Lighter and the only ingredients in that are milk, water, oil and salt. Nothing could convince me these spreads are healthier with their weird ingredients and they taste like cack. You are not missing much with the extra low fat. I think the hellman's extra light mayo is cack too.

Yeah I have to agree I do prefer normal butter - the light stuff does not do the same. The best is kerrygold on some fresh crusty bread! Or lurpack :) if I eat the regular stuff though as opposed to the light stuff, or use all of my points, I worry that I'm not going to loose any weight. I jaw a job where I am stuck at a desk all day (and might I add it's a job I hate! So if anyone knows of any jobs near Walsall let me know lol!) so I am not as active during the day and when I get home I'm so drained I can't be bothered! Am doing just dance on the wii and some time on the cross trainer, but I know I could be doing more!

Yeah I have to agree I do prefer normal butter - the light stuff does not do the same. The best is kerrygold on some fresh crusty bread! Or lurpack :) if I eat the regular stuff though as opposed to the light stuff, or use all of my points, I worry that I'm not going to loose any weight. I jaw a job where I am stuck at a desk all day (and might I add it's a job I hate! So if anyone knows of any jobs near Walsall let me know lol!) so I am not as active during the day and when I get home I'm so drained I can't be bothered! Am doing just dance on the wii and some time on the cross trainer, but I know I could be doing more!

all this talk of butter is making me want some roasties cooked in lots of butter omn nom nom nom :3

btw it doesnt matter how active you are, the points don't take that into account anymore based on the fact your body is used to what you do on a daily basis anyway.... honestly truly it feels like you are eating too much but you aren't I swear :)

I'm in a very sedentary job as well and if I stick to the points, even without exercise I know I will lose. Have faith in yourself pet x

Some days I wonder where all my points have gone, and other days I have 13 points left over after I've had my tea. Carbs really seem to eat up points, so my lower carb days are always low point days.

I never eat Weightwatchers branded stuff - it isn't necessarily any lower in points than the supermarket own-brand equivalent, just more expensive. I always presume that they'll taste rotten aswell :D.

I love snacking in the evening, so with my left over points I can keep having my beloved evening snacks :D.

Back