Am i doing something wrong?

brim

I did my 5 days on attack and lost an impressive 7lbs and I moved on to cruise on Monday, I'm doing 5 PV and 5 PP. I haven't budged not even a 1/4 pound since Monday, I'm following the diet to the letter, I'll give snippet of what I'm eating to see if you can see where I'm going wrong

Bfast: oat bran pancake
Snack cucumber and celery with extra light philly
Lunch salad with turkey and ham and a tbspn extra light mayo
Dinner beef burger (lean mice) or chicken etc with broccoli or swede
Snack miller light toffee yog

I'm also drinking no added sugar squash and having 3 75cl bottles at work and then a pint of squash when I come in.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong?

I'm being really good and am really focused I just want it to work!

Is the squash you're drinking 1 calorie or less per serving? I havent found one yet that is so have avoided it totally, it might not have sugar in it but it does have fruit juice, which we're not allowed.

Muller lights arent really advisably and Extra light philly is a tollerated item. Maybe cut both of these out for a while.

Im sure extra light mayo isnt allowed because it's got oil in it!

Seconding what Zoesastar has said about the squash - "no added sugar" doesn't mean no sugar at all.

But it is perfectly normal for the scales not to move as you make the transition from attack to cruise - some people even see a tiny bump upwards.

Cut out the squash and stick to your guns.

Exactly what Zoestar said, also up your protein level and try to balance it 2/3rd protein 1/3 veg on a PV day and really load up on meat on a PP day and limit tolerated items. Good luck and keep strong.

Thanks will try this and see if it helps!

4cals in the juice

I had just though you were allowed dairy if less that 5% fat!

Hopefully this'll start the weight loss again!

Kaboo:

it's generally not the cals that count. In fact nearly 2 years into this and I still hardly know any calorie figures for any of the foods I eat!

YOu need to try and avoid sugar and carbs at all costs. So the squash will have some. And yoghurt does. Stick to plain and add sweetener.
Soft drink are allowed but only if less than 1 cal per 100ml (I think) and then in moderation.
Dairy needs ot be 'fat free' as close to 0% as oyu can get (skimmed milk and fat-free youghurt etc) 4% dairy is actually quite high in fat (thats' full fat milk and full fat creamy yoghurt).
COttage cheese is a special case, it's quite hard to find under 1% (try Asda and Tesco value ones)
MEAT needs to be less than 4% fat - which generally rules out 'lean mince', it needs to be 'extra lean' but do check the label, supermarkets vary in their labelling.

Good luck you're on the right track, just need to tweak a few details...

Back