• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

2020 - a new year, a new decade, the same me (just hopefully slimmer!)

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
I know my weight is far from ideal. I've struggled with it all my life. But last year was so very hard that I think I gained about 4 stone in comfort eating. Stupid isn't it? My body refusing to allow me to become a parent led to me overeating and making it even more unlikely that any adoption agency will allow me to become a parent. Maybe I should just accept I'm not supposed to be a mum in this life. Maybe I did something horrendous in a past life and this is my punishment.

We've decided that this year is our year to sort finances, go on holiday lots, and lose weight and get our heads/emotions sorted, and continue getting experience looking after children through the respite fostering ready to adopt in 2021.

Aww love, we self sabotage for all sorts of reasons - but I think it's just so fabulous that you've got a clear plan for what you want to achieve this year- and the amazing and exciting outcome.

You can do this, allow yourself a wallow every now and then xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

GaGirl

Silver Member
You rant away. I’ve no issues reading your rants

This year sounds like a great plan, for the both of you. When your next down in the dumps reach for that travel brochure and plan.

MrsP89

Thanks both :)

Feeling more positive now, getting a small (but bigger than expected) bonus in tomorrow's pay so that's always good :)

Don't think I'll be able to get many more trips abroad in - Porto in March, Mallorca in June, Barcelona in Oct and Egypt over Christmas. I only get 20 days holiday so I've used all my holiday days :'(

Also going to Stratford-upon-Avon in Feb (can't wait for my afternoon tea with bottomless prosecco and my hour long deep tissue back neck and shoulder massage!!!), and trying to convince hubby we should go camping in North Wales at Easter.

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
That's an awesome loss. Jealous of your holidays LOL I have to wait ages for mine

MrsP89

I might try to squeeze another weekend break or 2 in too. No such thing as too many holidays, right?! And I do Flexi at work so can earn a couple of extra days holiday, although I'm thinking I'll use those to have our nieces to stay for a couple of days during the summer holidays. They live about 3 hours away so we don't get to see them as much as I'd like. They spent Christmas with us, and probably won't see them til either next month, or possibly even April. And they are the such wonderful girls. The eldest (just turned 9) made hubby a birthday cake all by herself. Bought the ingredients and even the baking tins herself! And the only bit she had help with was getting it out the oven. And the youngest (7 and a half) broke my heart completely when saying bye after Christmas. She said "there's good news and bad news about today. The good news is I get to see my guinea pigs again. The bad news is I'm going to really really miss you" 😭😭😭😭 So I'd absolutely love it if they stayed a few night with us so we could have some quality time with them (and spoil them rotten!)

@blubell when is your holiday? Are you off to S.Korea again?

Ugh I've had a bloody awful 2 days diet wise! Free drinks from work at the Swansea Bierkeller last night. Went along thinking it'd be 1 or 2 drinks, instead it was a whole bottle of wine each! And we could bring a +1 so Hubster came along too. He managed to wrangle another free bottle, plus someone had to leave early and left us half a bottle of theirs and someone else gave us their voucher, so we ended up with 4.5 bottles of wine between 2 of us, plus 2 shots each! Missed the last train home so got a taxi back at about midnight, calling in to McDonald's before getting to the taxi rank, and ate far too much! Then incredibly hungover today - I've drank plenty of water but also consumed bacon rolls, chicken burger and a homemade vegetable curry (from the freezer which we'd defrosted and planned to have last night). Plus I've drank orange juice and eaten am awful lot of chocolate 🙈

Back on it tomorrow, although we have a birthday celebration to go to. It's a pub meal at brewer's fayre. I've checked the menu and there are 3 dishes from the "under 800 calories" range that I like the sound of, so I'll have my 2 shakes, one of those meals and just 2 snacks instead of 3. Actually quite keen to get back on track - usually when I've had a blowout I struggle to get back on it. I think because I'd always said weekends wouldn't be so strict it's a bit easier. Or maybe I just want to lose the weight more this time 🤷

How's everyone else's weekend going?

GaGirl

Silver Member
You certainly had a good time Friday. Sometimes it does us good to get of the diet train and enjoy life a bit more than we normally do.
And your right can never have to many holidays. We are off to Gran Canaria Tuesday for a week. We were due to go Spain last week of feb but can’t go now.
hope you get to have your nieces stay.

ladyfelsham

Hope the sore head faded away quickly! How did you get on at the birthday bash?

MrsP89

Haha well the less said about yesterday, the better 🙈🙈🙈 I did get lovely cuddles with my friends 5 month old, and had a good catch up with my friend and her partner.

Back on it today! Was treat day at work (1st working day of the month we get some sort of treat). This month it was cakes and crisps. And I resisted! It actually wasn't difficult to resist, possibly because I stood on the scales this morning and nearly cried 😩😩😩 after the initial shock, I didn't actually let it get me down, just motivated me to get back on plan!

How was your weekend?

MrsP89

You certainly had a good time Friday. Sometimes it does us good to get of the diet train and enjoy life a bit more than we normally do.
And your right can never have to many holidays. We are off to Gran Canaria Tuesday for a week. We were due to go Spain last week of feb but can’t go now.
hope you get to have your nieces stay.

Ah when are you off to grab canaria? We were there nearly 3 years ago - lovely weather!

Shame you aren't able to make it to Spain - hope everything is ok!

GaGirl

Silver Member
Off tomorrow. Can’t wait to go seems like ages since I went on a proper holiday even though it was

you passed up cake and crisps your a stronger girl then me. Well done 👍🏻

My FIL passed away Christmas Eve and we are burying his ashes the week we were due to go.

MrsP89

Aw no, I'm sorry to hear about your FiL - I hope you and your partner are both ok. Enjoy your trip to gran canaria - sounds like it's needed and deserved! ❤️❤️

ladyfelsham

Oooh might have missed you GaGirl, enjoy the sun!

ladyfelsham

Well done MrsP, always fab to get a loss when you're not expecting it :)

MrsP89

I seem to have gotten quite bad at posting on here, but I'm sort of plodding along. I've kind of moved over to CCing alongside the shakes. Most days I'll only have 1 shake and then snack throughout the day on low cal snacks (babybel, Slimfast porridge, hippeas, lean meat, fruit etc), around 200kcal throughout the day, then 600-800kcal for tea, then depending on my calories through the day I will have fruit and/or yogurt.

I need this to be a long term plan so I'm being fairly relaxed about it and trying not to obsess. Easier said than done!

ladyfelsham

Sounds like a good approach - got to make it work for you - but I hear you on the "just relax" part lol!