Am i doing the right thing???

42steph

Hi, I'm on day 4 of CD SS and I could eat my own limbs!!! I can already see and feel results and that's what keeps me going, but I read and hear so much about putting the weight back on once you start eating again it's quite scary, plus there are alot of people on here that say they lost ex amount of weight first time round and are now back on it, I can't bare the thought of losing the weight (3stone) then putting it all back on!!! Any positives on this PLEASE......

i think the problem is if you have a tendency to overeat and put weight on through this, then you can regain the weight once you're at goal. however, it's only under your control to stop yourself from doing that. i've done weight watchers before, lost 3 stone and put it back on through bad habits, it's not so much what diet you follow, it's about being willing to change your habits as you lose weight and maintaining that weight also. my plan is to follow slimming world when i finish so that i'm sticking to an eating plan, i'm hoping that doing CD will make me realise that i was only eating out of boredom before!

Thankyou that makes perfect sense, , that was my plan to do WW once I have lost the weight, I do have the tendency to binge eat hence I'm here ;)) that's the cycle I'm hoping to break, thinking that every naughty thing I have will be the last so stuffing as much as I can in, in one go. So glad I found this site it's been really helpful, I guess we r all in the same boat...

I'm exactly the same, always meaning to start a diet at X date, stuffing my face with anything and everything in the meantime :( I actually deliberately seek out unhealthy junk food even if I'd rather have something healthier/fresher, because I can "always eat healthy stuff when I start the diet"! I'm also hoping to break this horrible all or nothing cycle. When I start reintroducing food into my diet, I'll be quite literally starting with a clean slate so I would't want to mess it up by piling in junk food. Wish me luck, I start tomorrow!

I agree that just like any other diet, if you go back to eating lots of unhealthy food you will gain the weight back after CWP but we just have to accept that we will never be those people who seemingly eat whatever they like and not gain weight. I don't think anyone can, even naturally slim people probably eat less than we think they do. So yeah, it's all about calorie control. I plan on following weight watchers to maintain. Fingers crossed!

Back