am I eating enough?

Hi ya!

Quick check in before weigh in tonight - its been staples week this week and I've been fine with all of them, I've not had them every day but I've had noodles, rice, potatoes and pasta and none of them have been a trigger so I think I'm fine to carry on having those as and when I want them - I've been weighing out my portions and cooking them seperately to the rest of the family so that I can get used to how big my portion will be and I'll keep doing that until I'm completely comfortable with knowing the size of a portion!

This week I'll be starting grains and dropping a pack which is cool - I've been looking at bircher museli recipes for breakfast as I really enjoy my porridge and want to stay along those lines and this I can make the night before and add some fruit as well!

Anyway, I hope you've had a good week and I hope your meeting goes well tonight!

Lx

Hi Laura

Wow time does go quick! Can't believe you're now on week 2 of triggers and I'm on week 12!

It's a great feeling when you realise the trigger weeks aren't as bad as you imagined.

I want to stay the same tonight, if I gain a little then that's fine too as I have been trying so hard this week to eat enough to stay the same, no even a tiny loss so fingers crossed. I just want to get the maintenance thing right before I finish ha ha.

This last week I have been having the snacks (doing 2 weeks of snacks instead of cheese) and none of them have triggered me to actually eat more but when I had snack-a-jacks I did think to myself 'I could eat more of them' but luckily all the group sessions have sunk in and it was quickly followed by 'but why, I'm not hungry and don't need more' and I just didn't have more and even better didn't want more any longer.

It's great to know after all of this I have actually learnt something.

I have also realised I am going to really miss the new toffee bars, I love love love them but can't afford to but them when I don't need them any longer. I don't really need them this week but as I am still on RTM one more week I am going to have them.

Good luck with your weigh in tonight

well I lost another 0.5lbs but it's such a tiny amount that I am fine with that.

For the last week I haven't really followed RTM, I tested myself and ate how I will be on any normal day (nothing we are not allowed on RTM but I just mixed it up with bread, cheese, cereal, potatoes and snacks like snack-a-jacks and a few fruit gums instead of just snacks) this was fine for me as I don't want to get into habits so don't want the same things every day and I wanted to learn if I would be ok with that on RTM and I am so I have no worries about finishing RTM on Monday.

I will still be coming on here after Monday though to see how you are doing.

Morning! I lost another 1lb as well this week which wasn't what I had planned but its not bad, I'll just have to make sure I am eating enough, although I never feel hungry and am always snacking on fruit so maybe I just need to up my protein a little bit - I think I might need to do that anyway as I'm getting more into my running/exercise and doing longer and longer runs...

You have done SO well honey, you really have built yourself such a great foundation for going onto the next stage in your journey - its great that you have such great tools to help you maintain the new, healthy you and its great that the support of your LLC and the programme is always there behind you, looking out for you!

Even when I finish RTM I think I'll still come on here and post, it will be great to see how you're getting on, to hear all about your wedding and I think it will do me good to keep a kind of online record of how I am doing!

WELL DONE GOODTHINGSINSMALLPACKAGES - YOU ROCK!!!! :)

Thank you and you are doing so well yourself!

To not gain any weight during trigger weeks must mean we are doing something right.

I am still on 1400 calories at most a day, I could eat more and still not gain but I don't feel I need to as like yourself I don't feel hungry. I don't want to get into the habit of eating just for the sake of it

I now eat quite a bit of protein. One of my favourite meals is my 'fry up' which is what I have when my boyfriend has a real fry up. Just scrambled eggs or omellette, 50g of bacon with the fat cut off and 2 quorn sausages, the bacon and sausage cooked on my george forman grill.

I'm not having a 'snack' today though, by that I mean no crisps or sweets etc. I'm going to have one large wrap and have a chicken and bacon fajita with salad for my dinner tonight. My boyfriend will probably have 4 as he gets away with it working on his feet all day and being 6ft 4in.

My LLC advised me that tracker bars are amazing and a great alternative to the LL bars so I will try those

Hey GTISP,

Just seen your post over on the other thread and see you've finished your 12 weeks - well done you!!!

I've been good this week again, enjoying having cereal for breakfast (I've replaced my porridge pack with bircher muesli that I make myself) but I feel quite "heavy" - I think its my time of the month as I feel like I'm retaining water - not sure how weigh in will go but not too bothered as I know its nothing I've eaten!

Good luck with your final weigh in tonight!

Laura x

Thanks Laura

I get 'fat days' where I feel so heavy and well fat but when I get on the scales I haven't gained so must just be bloatedness.

It's my last weigh in of the programme but I am going to carry on going to the meetings as I like to get weighed weekly on those scales (I don't want to buy my own scales and then get obsessed with weighing myself, it's hard enough to not pay too much attention to the wii fit scales ha ha). After the wedding it may change to every 2 weeks but I enjoy them so may as well go along.

My belt now goes through the second loop on my jeans (one of those belts that can adjust to any size) by about 1.5cm so as long as it can keep doing that I can keep an eye on my size if I can't get to weigh ins.

I will probably carry on as I am though eating wise and just once a week have a takeaway or meal out or chips (not all 3!) I eat under my calories every day (1300 to 1400) as this is all I seem to need so if I do have a takeaway or chips once a week it shouldn't be a problem as I still will be under my calories over the period of the week.

It's my brothers birthday this weekend and I wont drink as I don't feel the need to anymore and see it as wasted calories but I will have whatever I fancy off the menu (only one course) and enjoy it but my lunch and breakfast will be very healthy and no snacks that day.

I hope your weigh in goes well too! Are you on cheese week now? I didn't do that week just went on to bread week and then had 2 snack weeks with cheese included as cheese doesn't bother me really so didn't want to do a full week of it and I knew if anything was going to be a trigger it would be snacks.

I am happy to say that nothing is really a trigger for me anymore. I am quite happy to eat healthy and low calorie diet (for the most part) and never want more than what I first have as I always feel full and satisfied after a meal.

Tonight I am having a "fry up" done on the george forman grill, apart from the scrambled eggs of course and with quorn sausages not the fatty pork sausages

well I lost another 1lb this last week but it's ok as I started RTM a couple weeks early on doctors and LLCs advice. I lost 17lb in total during RTM and I am now eating what I now consider to be normal eating so I am happy

Oh an my dad is paying for my dress to be adjusted so that's not a worry anymore

Now that I have actually finished RTM after nearly 7 months of being on LL I am so damn proud of myself and I know there will be times in my life where my weight goes up and down a bit but I also know that I am equipped witht the tools and knowledge to not let it get out of control. I wont let myself gain more than 5lbs than what I am now.

How did you get on?

Well done honey!!! And congratulations on being back in the "real world" with such a fantastic positive attitude, you are going to do so well I can just feel it in my bones!!!

I stayed the same this week which is brilliant, its all going according to play and I feel really comfortable with my eating habits as they are!

This week is Week 10, cheese week but so far I've not had any, I don't feel like I need any and I don't want to eat it just for the sake of it - if it comes up with any meals then I will but I know its not going to be a trigger so I'm not worried. Instead I am doing kind of what you did, bringing my "snacks" forward and doing an extra week of them, I know they will be my issue so I'm going to work on them for longer - so far so good!

Great news about the wedding dress as well, you will look AMAZING on your big day, would love to see a photo afterwards if you don't mind, maybe we could exchange email addresses if you don't want to post it on here? Is there a private message function on here, I've not really posted much on this site other than this thread!!!

Lx

I'm not sure as I only really post here.

My email address is [email protected] I don't mind posting it here as it's not a private email address really

I will definitely show you a picture as we have a photographer that will hopefully take some great shots.

You are doing fantastically too and have an amazing attitude as you eat healthy but aren't scared to have the occasional cake as you know it wont do any harm as you've learnt so much.

I had 2 slices of garlic bread and a be good to yourself choc pudding tonight but ate carefully the rest of the day and have still only eaten 1100 calories today and under the daily recommended sugar, fat and carb levels so just goes to show you can have a little bit of what you fancy as long as it's not a lot of what you fancy ha ha.

Indian tomorrow night for my brothers birthday but I don't like curry anyway so chicken tikka pieces will be lovely and I may shar some chips with my man but I know it will be ok as I wont have anything else fried the rest of the week and I will still be at 1300 calories tomorrow (I always paln a day ahead to make sure I don't eat too much) and I will get on the wii just dance 2 tomorrow and Monday.

I know realistically that eating 1300 calories a day and doing exercise that there is no way I will gain weight in the form of fat, in fact eating only 1300 a day I probably don't need any exercise for weight maintenance but I still worry at the moment which I know is silly but...

Hopefully I will Stay the same this week as I would hate to never be able to occasionally enjoy chips ha ha.

LL is definitely the best thing I have ever done.

Have a fab rest of the weekend!

How did you get on this week Laura?

I have now had my first full week 'off plan' and was weighed last night at LL and lost 1lb.

It must be a natural loss though as I did have some chips Sunday and a BGTY choc pudding and couple slices of garlic bread on Saturday.

I am definitely not on a diet now, I eat what I like but in moderation and keep an eye on my calorie intake. It seems to have worked so I will carry on this way.

I am eating 3 meals a day with snacks every day so I'm definitely eating enough.

Now I know if I am careful I can maintain this weight I am very excited! If I don't maintain it will be completely my fault as I know how to do it.

It is so encouraging to read these posts. I'm on week two of "lite" route to management, having done five months of abstinence followed by a few weeks of lite. It's quite daunting being out in the world of food again (I'm on two packs and two meals a day atm). Good to know it's achievable!

It's definitely achievable, in fact I am now struggling to maintain as I am still losing.

Luckily I can still afford to lose a bit but I don't really want to and I need to learn not to as I am getting my dress adjusted in May so I can't lose or gain any after then until after my wedding in July.

I have been told I need to eat more carbs and trust me I do eat them so don't be scared when you bring carbs back as not all carbs are bad for you.

I lost 2lb this last week and ate healthy for the most part but did have a chinese chow mein with chips, some tortilla chips, salted popcorn, sweets, crumpets and chocolate pudding throughout the week so it's a natural loss.

Also during abstinance an RTM I always always stayed the same when on TOTM but now I am off the progamme I lost 2lbs during my TOTM week! Strange.

Back