Am I hungry or just bored

nannyto9

Can't seem to settle down to watching tv tonight and have really got the munchies.

So far since dinner have had 2 yoghurts, 2 apples, an icepole and 2 bread sticks and still want more.

What I am really craving is a cheese and mayo sandwich but I know thats a no no as have had all both my healthy options and not enough syns anyway only got 50/50 bread in cupboard at the moment

Think I might go to bed in a minute with a mug of chocolate and a good book

you've done so well to not just reach for the bread, cheese and mayo=) i love your idea of going to read a book as well, i always seem to find that once i get into a good book the want to munch on naughty things go away=)xxxx

I find that it is a mistake to sit in front of the television without something to occupy my hands. There are few television programmes which really demand 100% of your concentration (let's face it, few that require 10%!!) so find something else to do (crossword, sudoku, cross stitch, reading the paper) that stops you using your hands for finding food!

Thanks all did keep the devil at bay stayed on the computer and did some much needed work to my website. Went to bed safe and sound and no extra food.

Well done Nannyto9. Glad you kept those munchies at bay! X

well done you for avoiding the munchies!
i think - or certainly from my own point- its because i used to sit and eat all the time,lol! so when on sw i think oo im hungry my mind tends to wander to thoughts of what i used to do before sw.....which then makes me feel hungrier!!
i always make sure i have low syn treats in and always,always fully stocked on free and especially superfree stuff and reach for these instead and keep on track.

I'm the same and that's why I save all my syns to have in the evening! Don't think it's very good for my weight loss though to eat so many calories so late in the day, but hey, SW says I'm allowed ;)

I'm the same and that's why I save all my syns to have in the evening! Don't think it's very good for my weight loss though to eat so many calories so late in the day, but hey, SW says I'm allowed ;)

It doesn't matter what time of day you eat. There is a slow-down in the speed at which food is digested at night, but it is so small that it won't affect weight-loss. The only reason for not eating late is if it causes you indigestion or insomnia.

Good to know, thanks Avisk.
Does it affect digestion speed what time you 'break your fast' on a morning? Cos sometimes my breakfast ends up being a banana at 10-11 and I was worrying this might be affecting my losses too...

It doesn't matter what time of day you eat. There is a slow-down in the speed at which food is digested at night, but it is so small that it won't affect weight-loss. The only reason for not eating late is if it causes you indigestion or insomnia.

Thats very interesting because since I started SW again and have not been snacking at night have been sleeping a lot better.

Didn't even conect the two just thought I was having a couple of good nights as usually I am awake on and of all night.

Back