am I making the hot chocolate wrong?

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
Sorry to bother people...I've been making my hot chocolate the way I make normal hot chocolate.
I've blended the water and powder as normal, using cold water, and then put it in a pan and heated it.
It's lovely but am I destroying the nutrients that way? Should I just be making the shake with hot water?

Ummm, I think I remember reading to make a paste first, like you did then add water from the kettle to the paste. But I could be wrong...

I tend to make it like an instant hot chocolate.

I still make the LT into a past with my sweetners and fibreclear using cold water and then just add hot water from the kettle using a tiny weeny little hot chocolate whisk. I don't think heating it in a pan will destroy any nutrients- it's only if you don't drink it within 15 mins that you may have a problem xx

yip -as medea says -as long as its taken within the 15 minutes (need t practise what I preach here!) all the nutrients should still be there. -Carry on enjoying it! Lord knows theres not much to do with it! ;)

lol thanks all!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I haven't had the chocolate hot yet but plan to when the weather gets (even) colder!! Thank you for all the tips! It'll save me spraying it round the kitchen when it explodes out of the blender!!! Lol!

x

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I haven't had the chocolate hot yet but plan to when the weather gets (even) colder!! Thank you for all the tips! It'll save me spraying it round the kitchen when it explodes out of the blender!!! Lol!

There is no way you would be putting hot stuff in a blender! Not if you value your life!!!

Remember when (I think Julz?) put hot stuff into her hand shaker....... :D

Lol! My sis-in-law tried to make hot choc in her shaker and it exploded everywhere! She was lucky she didn't scold herself!!!! Tbh I haven't had the hot choc coz I wasn't sure how to make it nice and frothy - I think I hated the soup coz I couldn't get it blended well enough!

x

i did that too with my cd stuff, it sprayed all over the place. and OH unfortunately tried to clean my shaker that way the other day.... he wasn't impressed...

abz xx

What I do is, put the kettle on, then mix the sahke with a tiny amount of water in my shaker, then pour that into a BIG mug and top up with the boiled water. Its nice and frothy. Or I've blended it with teeny wtaer and done the same -shakin it is much easier.

The first time I tried to make it it did NOt turn out well! Just made it like instant hot choc -lumpy -podery non chocolatey -made me gag. bad times lol I LURVE it now though :D

I use an egg whisk which helps the frothiness! Or you can buy (for a couple of squids) a battery powered cappuccino whisk, which also helps with blending your moo-shakes if you want to drink out of a glass. I think most cookware places have them.

The trick to using them is to make the LT into a paste with cold water, top with your hot water and using the blender just below the surface of the liquid.

Or if you are lucky enough to have a Gaggia coffee machine (like me- it was a christmas pressie!), just use the spout that makes the frothy milk! Means you can make it cold and just use the steam to heat it! :D

Making hot Choc Shake

Just for anyone out there who would like to know how to make hot choc shake. This is what I do for mine.Boil my water allow to cool down.Add to the water a spoon of coffee and my sweetner.then add choc/vanilla shake and blend. I really do enjoy the shakes but find it difficult not eating. very hungry.

Just for anyone out there who would like to know how to make hot choc shake. This is what I do for mine.Boil my water allow to cool down.Add to the water a spoon of coffee and my sweetner.then add choc/vanilla shake and blend. I really do enjoy the shakes but find it difficult not eating. very hungry.

How long have you been LT'ing? I still find it hard not eating but I think for me its the habit I can't break -not the hunger. I've been doing it now for 17 days.

Back